Punjabi Singers

smartsingh24

WJJK

WJKF

Interesting? The Khanda symbol is now widely used on car registration plates, van doors (next to the wording 'Put Jattan Det)', baseball caps, clothes, windows with the Khanda set as stained glass, fridge door magnets, etc. How do you you take back control of the Khanda which is much more than a 'trendy' symbol?

Jeevan

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wearing a gold khanda is stupid, sikhs cant wear jewleery, guru je threw all his gold in a river and asked for pure iron, which is the best

gold for guru je, to make guru je look good is great

not for us

wjkkwjkf

i agree with khalistani were not supposed to wear gold in any form and jus wearing gold with the symbol of a khanda stil doesnt make it right

bhulla chuka maff

wjkkwjkf

What about platinum ?

Sukhnidaan

No ji necessary, I’m not old, lets just say I have about 60 years before I’ll be young enough to run marathons in the footsteps of fauja singh. I thought I’d be posting amongst many a bit younger than me and possibly teens so chose that identity.

Also I think you kids are dancing weirder and weirder so didn’t want to give anyone the impression that I’m too with the times. Always much to learn and learning from some very inspiring Sikhs from the very young to very old.

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

all im trynna say is that u see by us talking here nuthiing here about jazzy b is not gnna change anything wen we have faults in our own holly spots so y not worry about those big faults first and about these ones later...fateh and sorry if im rong..

BHULL CHUKK MUAFF KARNII__^__

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

Guru Gobind Singh ji wore gold and then the gold was no longer there, thru out this phase, the Guru was still the same, with or without the Gold. The Gold was irrelevent. The outer-Shingaar was irrelivent. If one de-attaches himself from Gold, but then reattaches himself to Sarbloh, what difference is there. Metal is metal. If i wear a Sarbloh Khanda around my neck instead of a Gold one, would that be ok? How and Why?

My Mother on my 18th birthday gave me a Gold Necklase to wear. I had no desire to wear that necklace, but her love was everpresent in the gift. it was irrelivent if that necklace was made of gold or if it was made of plastic. What mattered was the llove that was present at the time the gift was given. Love took importence rather than what type of gift was presented.

Now how many of you would reject a gift given to you out of sheer and unconditinal love that is made of Gold?

I do, people bring me kirpans with gold sheaths all the time. I'm only gonna wear a sarabloh one, so until then, i'll keep refusing.

myry mohn sRvnI ieh n sunwey ]swkq gIq nwd Duin gwvq bolq bol Ajwey ]1] rhwau ]

maerae mohan sravanee eih n sunaaeae || saakath geeth naadh dhhun gaavath bolath bol ajaaeae ||1|| rehaao ||

O my fascinating Lord, let me not listen to the faithless cynic, singing his songs and tunes, and chanting his useless words. ||1||Pause||

syvq syiv syiv swD syvau sdw krau ikrqwey ]

saevath saev saev saadhh saevo sadhaa karo kirathaaeae ||

I serve, serve, serve, serve the Holy Saints; forever and ever, I do this.

ABY dwnu pwvau purK dwqy imil sMgiq hir gux gwey ]1]

abhai dhaan paavo purakh dhaathae mil sa(n)gath har gun gaaeae ||1||

le='color:080088'>The Primal Lord, the Great Giver, has blessed me with the gift of fearlessness. Joining the Company of the Holy, I sing the Glorious Praises of the Lord. ||1||

rsnw Agh Agh gun rwqI nYn drs rMgu lwey ]

rasanaa ageh ageh gun raathee nain dharas ra(n)g laaeae ||

My tongue is imbued with the Praises of the inaccessible and unfathomable Lord, and my eyes are drenched with the Blessed Vision of His Darshan.

hohu ik®pwl dIn duK BMjn moih crx irdY vswey ]2]

hohu kirapaal dheen dhukh bha(n)jan mohi charan ridhai vasaaeae ||2||

Be Merciful to me, O Destroyer of the pains of the meek, that I may enshrine Your Lotus Feet within my heart. ||2||

sBhU qlY qlY sB aUpir eyh idRsit idRstwey ]

sabhehoo thalai thalai sabh oopar eaeh dhrisatt dhrisattaaeae ||

Beneath all, and above all; this is the vision I saw.

AiBmwnu Koie Koie Koie KoeI hau mo kau siqgur mMqRü idRVwey ]3]

abhimaan khoe khoe khoe khoee ho mo ko sathigur ma(n)thra dhrirraaeae ||3||

I have destroyed, destroyed, destroyed my pri

de, since the True Guru implanted His Mantra within me. ||3||

Aqulu Aqulu Aqulu nh qulIAY Bgiq vClu ikrpwey ]

athul athul athul neh thuleeai bhagath vashhal kirapaaeae ||

Immeasurable, immeasurable, immeasurable is the Merciful Lord; he cannot be weighed. He is the Lover of His devotees.

jo jo srix pirE gur nwnk ABY dwnu suK pwey ]4]1]81]

jo jo saran pariou gur naanak abhai dhaan sukh paaeae ||4||1||81||

Whoever enters the Sanctuary of Guru Nanak, is blessed with the gifts of fearlessness and peace. ||4||||1||81||

There is nothing other than kirtan for me.

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

pheen je, i wud have to respectfully, disagree wit u

gold is not the same as sarbloh

first of sll, i can feel it, and so can maaaany others

sarab loh is just amazing

and even in guru jes bani sarb loh is praised like crazy

and of course outside matter

jeao nirmal BAHROH NIRMAL

both

inside AND OUT

u cant do just one

like the popular excuse

im only care bout the inside

guruje in that thuk straightly says be pure from both in and out

and as for covedring a gurughar

thas for our guru

they are the king of kings

shahe shan shah guru gobind singh

gold is not even worthy of them

but out of our pyaar for guur je, we put it

and to compare ourselves to guru je is stupid, no offence

we are not guru je

to compare ourselves to brahm giani, sants, or most important, our guru, is not smart

u cant do that

thas like comparing apples and oranges

bhula chuka maf

vaheguru je ka khalsa, vaheguru je ke fateh!!

all im trynna say is that u see by us talking here nuthiing here about jazzy b is not gnna change anything wen we have faults in our own holly spots so y not worry about those big faults first and about these ones later...fateh and sorry if im rong..

paul 84 please never apologize for caring for the panth... you make very valid and important points and there is no such thing as wrong... some of us have more influence with gurudwaras others have more influence within punjabi pop culture... others elsewhere

wherever we can each make a difference, lets compliment one anothers efforts in upholding sikhi.