AKJ, Naam Dirr, Bhai Randhir Singh

Can someone explain this sampradya to me and how is it different from mainstream Sikhi?

Also AKJ seems more like gyan-Bhakti Yoga. How does this differ from Prema-Bhakti?

How many different types of Bhakti are there?

Ready books by Bhai Randhir Singh ji and then come to the conclusion by yourself. You will not be able to get an instant gratification answer here. Google age instant answers are always wrong and one cannot know the others by reading few opinions here or there. Self research if serious to learn.

Read his books, put quotes of him for further discussion here otherwise you won't learn anything. 

2 hours ago, 1Anonymous1 said:

Totally agree with above. Read jail chittiyan first. The first 100 pages will blow your mind! After that start to read bhai sahibs books. Most of his books are online and around 7 of the most popular books are translated into English. Here are some summaries of them from gurmat bibek forum (here 16 books are summarised however bhai sahib has written around 30 books while in jail):

Books – Biographies

Jail Chithiaan: This is the most popular and most widely read book of Bhai Sahib. This books contains detailed account of Bhai Sahib’s life from the time Bhai Sahib got interested in Gurmat all the way up to 1930 when Bhai Sahib got released from jail. The first 100 pages or so are about how Bhai Sahib got into Sikhi and how he had Darshan of Vaheguru. What an account Bhai Sahib has written about Darshan of Vaheguru. Bhai Sahib had to endure extreme hardships in jail to keep Gurmat Rehit including Sarbloh Bibek. It’s nothing short of a miracle that Bhai Sahib during the terrible times of early 1900s kept Sarbloh Bibek rehit in British jails. Guru Sahib worked through Bhai Sahib and showed the world how a Gursikh should keep Rehit. This book serves as an inspiration for Gursikhs around the world to keep Gurmat Rehit and work towards attaining Vaheguru Darshan.

Ranglay Sajjan: This books contains life of companions of Bhai Sahib Randhir Singh jee. Bhai Sahib did great service for Panth by writing this book. This book not only contains life sketches of great Gurmukhs but also preserves some golden principles of Gurmat that otherwise would have been lost. Some chapters of this book cannot be read without shedding tears. This book inspires one to become a better Gursikh. Ones who are serious about their Sikhi should read this book not once but again and again.

gs_bhairandhirsingh.jpg

Books about Naam

Gurmat Naam Abhyaas Kamaayee: This book contains detailed account of Gurmat Naam. Questions like What is Naam, How to Japp Naam, Where to find Naam, the concept of Naam, How to focus on Naam, Where not to focus while chanting Naam, what is Ajappa Jaap, True meaning of Sunaia and Manai Pauris of Siri Jap jee Sahib and Sarang kee Vaar etc. have been answered in great detail. After reading this book a few times, one gets true understanding of Naam and Gurbani now hits the reader with different affect. One’s Gurbani understanding increases manifold.

Naam tay Naam Da Daata Satguru: This is another book totally devoted to the concept of Naam. How this book differs from Naam is that his book explains that Gurmat Naam is very special and rare and can be obtained only from the true Guru. This book enhances one’s understanding of Naam and inspires one to Japp Naam with increased vigour.

Collection of Articles

Gurmat Vichaar - This book contains some very interesting articles. Great articles on Amrit and Keski are in this book.

Gurmat Lekh - This book has small articles that Bhai Sahib wrote from time to time.

Gurmat Parkash - This book too has small articles, mostly those articles that Bhai Sahib wrote on Gurpurabs, for newspapers.

Books on Sikh Mysticism

Sach Khand Darshan – Many people think that the 5 Khands mentioned in Siri Jap jee Sahib are merely spiritual states but Bhai Sahib in this book has very strongly refuted such false claims and has proven that these Khands are real Khands where the Jeev-Aatma depending on its candidacy goes after death.

Anhad Shabad Dasam Duaar: Gurbani mentions Dasam Duaar, Anhad Shabad, Angana and Panch Shabad many times. Since a normal person has no knowledge of these mystical terms, many Gurudummis like Radhasoamis take advantage of the gullible Sikhs and misinterpret these terms. Bhai Sahib in great detail has explained these concepts in the light of Gurmat and detailed the differences between the Dasam Duaar of Gursikhs as opposed to that of Yogis and Radhasoamis. It’s a wonderful book but very hard to read and understand.

Charan Kamal kee Mauj - This book is very mystical. It talks about the Charan Kamals of Vaheguru and how one can enshrine the charan kamals of Vaheguru within oneself. The Charan Kamals of Vaheguru and Satguru jee are not made of flesh and blood and nor are they used as metaphors. The Charan Kamals of Vaheguru jee and Guru Sahib are very real. How do you wash Guru Sahib’s Charan and drink them? This question is answered in detail in this book. This book also talks about inverted Lotus at the navel and how it becomes straight through Naam Abhyaas. This book also talks about how the Mann rises from Nabh Kamal to Dasam Duaar. No other book talks about these subjects and ones that have attempted are so incomplete.

4691277705_4e95599abe_m.jpg

Other Books of Bhai Sahib

Gurbani diyan Lagaan Matraan dee Vilakhantaa - This book talks in detail about Gurbani grammar and correct padd-chhed of shabads. Reading this book one realises how the thinking of a Gurmukh is above and unique from commoners like us.

Jhatka Maas Parthai Tatt Gurmat Nirna - This books refutes claims of supporters of meat. A great book.

Gurmat Karam Philosophy - This book explains in detail the 9 meanings of the word "Karam". This book delves deep into how Karma works according to Gurmat. It also presents very interesting details on comparing Gurmat karams to non-Gurmat karams. This book is a rare book as it is not published anymore. A must read it is.

Katha Kirtan - This book is the last book of Bhai Sahib and Bhai Sahib in this book proves that Gurbani Katha done at Gurdwara Sahibaan cannot be classified as Katha referred to in Gurbani. In Gurbani the word katha almost always means Gurbani itself or Naam Abhyaas. Gurbani in fact is the katha of Vaheguru jee, done by our Guru Sahibaan. This book is a great book that should not be left unread.

Gurmat Gauravta - This books proves the supremacy of Gurmat over other matts (Dharams, religions). Bhai Sahib proves through Gurbani how all other religions fall short of reaching the true goal of humankind. A very great book this is.

Gurmat Sach Nirnai - This book is very hard to concentrate on. Only when one has read other books of Bhai Sahib and wants to read on more, one should read this book.

Thanks I am going to read it. I am going to add this to my list. What is the huge controversy with AKJs then? I dont understand?

On 1/25/2021 at 3:22 AM, Jai Tegang! said:

There is no controversy. Stop your agenda bharati saputra. 

lol I replied to this, but I think my comment got deleted.

But because you said no controversy and your comment is allowed to be posted, then I have to say yes controversy. If I write more, then my comment will be deleted again ?

Wait did he delete his account or was he banned?

13 minutes ago, S1ngh said:

See i knew you are not here to learn on this topic but here for masala stuff. I will wait for you here to have you done the fake list of the reading and post genuine questions. Giving you the benefit of doubt.

You laid the bait here with the above bold letters and anxiously waiting for someone to take it.  Unfortunately someone took that bait with it and started the replies.