Do people get corrupt as they get older

puzzled

Do men/women get more corrupt as they get older? by corrupt I mean the kind of stuff you see Gurdwara owners do, leaders, older relatives  etc They're all Grey-haired/bearded old men.

Younger people obviously do wrong things, but it seems as one gets older, maybe past 40? people tend to become more and more corrupt. 

Like children are not obviously corrupt, teenagers pick up bad habits but they are not corrupt/twisted, they don't care about politics, you can say the same about people in their 20s and 30s, and perhaps even 40s.

I've seen the same with people in India. Younger people do wrong things, but they are not corrupt in that way, but the older men/women are so twisted! 

Even in families, its not younger people who do all the family politics, its normally the older ladies.

Is that the case? if its is, then why ? 

3 hours ago, imhosingh said:

I'd recommend you read a book like 'a new earth' by Eckhart tolle. The corruption you speak of is just a manifestation of 'ego' (haumai), the me/mine . Ever tried to get a toy off a kid? They will act in a conniving way to keep it (my toy and all that). This then just manifests in different ways as people get older and have different types of 'my toy'.

Ego is the disease , the things like corruption are just the symptoms 

Thanks, I'll check the book out. 

22 hours ago, puzzled said:

Do men/women get more corrupt as they get older? by corrupt I mean the kind of stuff you see Gurdwara owners do, leaders, older relatives  etc They're all Grey-haired/bearded old men.

Younger people obviously do wrong things, but it seems as one gets older, maybe past 40? people tend to become more and more corrupt. 

Like children are not obviously corrupt, teenagers pick up bad habits but they are not corrupt/twisted, they don't care about politics, you can say the same about people in their 20s and 30s, and perhaps even 40s.

I've seen the same with people in India. Younger people do wrong things, but they are not corrupt in that way, but the older men/women are so twisted! 

Even in families, its not younger people who do all the family politics, its normally the older ladies.

Is that the case? if its is, then why ? 

excellent topic!

I agree that with age people get corrupt.

As we grow, we experience society evils everyday (grow each day). With Gurdwara management type of folks, most are born and raised in India and experienced high caliber of corruption, cheat, dishonesty and they end up with distrust attitude. 

People change after the interaction with certain type of folks. If someone stiffed them over money for an example, he/she will end up trusting less in other fellow humans.

Above is why our Guru jee said that no matter what, live a truthful life

If you get involved in Gurdwara management you have access to 2 things. The banks that handle Gurdwara funds & loans, and local politicians. Thats why folks used to get involved and be openly corrupt (get cheap personal loans from the banks that handle the gurdwara, get planning applications passed from local politicans etc). But has got better since gurdwara's had to register with the charities commission and provide annual audited accounts. 

I've always pitied those who are corrupt within gurdwara's because if you do wrong not knowing the 'rules' then that's uderstandable, but if you do wrong when you know the 'rules' then thats a big problem re. karma. 

3 hours ago, imhosingh said:

If you get involved in Gurdwara management you have access to 2 things. The banks that handle Gurdwara funds & loans, and local politicians. Thats why folks used to get involved and be openly corrupt (get cheap personal loans from the banks that handle the gurdwara, get planning applications passed from local politicans etc). But has got better since gurdwara's had to register with the charities commission and provide annual audited accounts. 

I've always pitied those who are corrupt within gurdwara's because if you do wrong not knowing the 'rules' then that's uderstandable, but if you do wrong when you know the 'rules' then thats a big problem re. karma. 

True. Some involve with sewa with dubious mindset on mission of converting sangat to become their customers for example; real estate, lawyers, accountants etc..

7 hours ago, MisterrSingh said:

Not so much corrupt, but maybe cynical in a calculating manner? I'm getting to an age where I'm beginning to notice cyclical patterns of people, behaviour, moods, trends, etc. Some people can articulate and anticipate these things and then proceed to use them for their own benefit, while others don't have the ability to explain it BUT instinctively "feel" it, and then proceed to act upon it. Youthful naievity does eventually give way to mature cynicism in most people. Good souls remain in bhaana; others begin pushing boundaries, lol.

Kalyug is getting darker. Even animals are doing things now they never did before. 

Seems like everyone, everything is slipping further down into this except those who are floating at the Gurus Charan.