I know this topic has been addressed before (see here) but I was wondering if anyone has anymore knowledge to share about the 4 yugs. I was wondering how this would fit with modern day science.

If anyone also has any videos or books on this subject, please share 🙃

Bhul Chuk Maaf 🙏

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

In Chandi di Vaar it says that Waheguru ji first created the Khanda, and then Brahma, Vishnu and Shiva. 

Bani says Weheguru ji created demons to destroy the ego of the Devtas.

Bhai Gurdas jis says that Waheguru ji created us with 5 elements, soil, water, fire, forgot the other 2 

Not sure if you can prove that with science, lol.

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, GurjantGnostic said:

@intrigued

Sort of a tangent, but in this recent thread I started with the information on Yugs first and then discovered science backed it completely. 

@puzzled

Earth, air, fire, water and ether. 

yeah bro, and then he infused 25 opposing qualities into us, not sure what those are.

Don't think there is any space for evolution in all of this, evolution of man just doesn't make sense within Sikhi. Waheguru ji himself created humans, devtas, demons etc  humans also existed in Satyug. 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, puzzled said:

yeah bro, and then he infused 25 opposing qualities into us, not sure what those are.

Don't think there is any space for evolution in all of this, evolution of man just doesn't make sense within Sikhi. Waheguru ji himself created humans, devtas, demons etc  humans also existed in Satyug. 

This is a good Katha by Bhai Sukhraj Singh Ji. 

Covers all this stuff. Really nice listen. 

• Like 2
9 hours ago, puzzled said:

People in Satyug lived for 1000s of years

ਏਕੋ ਬ੍ਰਹਮੁ ਵਖਾਣੀਐ ਮੋਹ ਮਾਇਆ ਤੇ ਬੇਮੁਹਤਾਜੇ।

Ayko Brahamu Vakhaaneeai Moh Maaiaa Tay Baymuhataajay |

Getting indifferent to maya, people would praise one Lord.

ਵਾਰਾਂ ਭਾਈ ਗੁਰਦਾਸ : ਵਾਰ ੧ ਪਉੜੀ ੫ ਪੰ. ੫

ਕਰਨਿ ਤਪਸਿਆ ਬਨਿ ਵਿਖੈ ਵਖਤ ਗੁਜਾਰਨਿ ਪਿੰਨੀ ਸਾਗੇ।

Karani Tapasiaa Bani Vikhai Vakhatu Gujaarani Pinnee Saagay |

They would go to forests and pull on life by eating natural vegetations.

ਵਾਰਾਂ ਭਾਈ ਗੁਰਦਾਸ : ਵਾਰ ੧ ਪਉੜੀ ੫ ਪੰ. ੬

ਲਖ ਵਰ੍ਹਿਆ ਦੀ ਆਰਜਾ ਕੋਠੇ ਕੋਟਿ  ਮੰਦਿਰ ਸਾਜੇ।

lakh I Varhiaan Dee Aarajaa Kothhay Koti N Mandari Saajay |

Though they lived for lacs of years but they would construct the palaces, forts and grand mansions.

ਵਾਰਾਂ ਭਾਈ ਗੁਰਦਾਸ : ਵਾਰ ੧ ਪਉੜੀ ੫ ਪੰ. ੭

ਇਕ ਬਿਨਸੈ ਇਕ ਅਸਥਿਰੁ ਗਾਜੇ ॥੫॥

Ik Binasai Ik Asadiru Gaajay ||5 ||

On the one hand the world was passing away and on the other the life current would go stably.

Though they lived for lacs of years but they would NOT construct the palaces, forts and grand mansions. 

• Like 2
  • Downvote 1
4 minutes ago, Arsh1469 said:

One key think to understand that there were other Satjugs before the Sathig in our current Charutrjug (jug cycle)

This is gonna be confusing but bare with me

So a yug cycle is a charutrjug 71 of those is a manvantara (age of manu) charutrjug is a kalpa or day of Brahma. We are currently in the 6th manvantara. 

We are in the 28th charturjug Ram appeared in the 24 jug cycle and the 27th one of the last manvantara. Mach avtar came 27 jug cycles ago. What I am trying to say is there have been millions of Satjugs. 

How would that fit in today's science? Is every cycle beginning with a big bang and civilization has to go through the same steps again? Has Ram Chander come up in every cycle?