Many Lives Many Masters

intrigued

3 hours ago, intrigued said:

Anyone else read this book? It's about a Psychiatrist who find out about past lives through treating a patient. Here is a pdf: https://www.sikhawareness.com/files/file/45-many-lives-many-masters/

Nice. I'll give this a read. Have you ever read Journey of the Soul by..Dr Michael Newton?

They were doing hypnotherapy regressions. At first this life, then past lives...then finally they started asking about in between lives. The similarities across the board are pretty cool. 

12 minutes ago, GurjantGnostic said:

Have you ever read Journey of the Soul by..Dr Michael Newton?

They were doing hypnotherapy regressions. At first this life, then past lives...then finally they started asking about in between lives. The similarities across the board are pretty cool. 

No I haven't read yet, thanks for the recommendation ?

Yes good book. It’s about a Psychiatrist patient hypnosis journeys through her past lives. She suffered from massive anxiety issues. She comes out her anxiety better after each session and eventually completely healed. Brian Weiss MD coined named the hypnosis process Past life regression. 

I use to read so many of these types of books. I believe the accounts are true, but if you absorb the message that the Masters are giving (who I'm presuming are what we'd call Devte), i.e. love the entirety of mankind; forgive and love those who harm you; even killing an ant is a paap that is punishable; religion has been warped by human self interest, etc., it kinda kills a person's ambition and fire to achieve things beyond superficial materialism, especially if somebody has to go up against hostile outsiders, if that makes sense. If everything is an illusion and these divisions on earth aren't recognised in the afterlife (because the Soul has no gender, race, or religion), then what's the point in arguing for our uniqueness here? Just take up bhagti for 30-40 years until a person reaches enlightenment and then dies doing tapasya? That would be the ideal end, wouldn't it?

If I understood what u said correctly, you are asking why become a householder and live in this illusion when we can just meditate for our whole lives to get enlightenment...

Why can't we be both? ?

Guru Arjan Dev Ji in Raag Aasaa - Ang 385

ਜਿਨਿ ਤੂੰ ਜਾਤਾ ਸੋ ਗਿਰਸਤ ਉਦਾਸੀ ਪਰਵਾਣੁ ॥
One who recognizes You is recognized as a householder, and as a renunciate.

Guru Arjan Dev Ji in Raag Gujri - Ang 496

ਕਹੁ ਨਾਨਕ ਗੁਰੁ ਪੂਰਾ ਭੇਟਿਆ ਪਰਵਾਣੁ ਗਿਰਸਤ ਉਦਾਸ ॥੪॥੪॥੫॥
Says Nanak, one who meets the Perfect Guru, is celebrated as a householder as well as a renunciate. ||4||4||5||

8 minutes ago, intrigued said:

If I understood what u said correctly, you are asking why become a householder and live in this illusion when we can just meditate for our whole lives to get enlightenment...

Well, that and a little bit deeper. If religion is artificial, then why did Sikhs make such a big deal about resisting Islam? Why are we resisting attempts by Hindus to re-absorb us into their ranks? If we're all going to end up in the same place, then just convert, and see where it takes you. Why try to carve out this unique section of existence just for ourselves? 

What these Masters are saying might seem inclusive and loving and tolerant, but if you hold it up to actual history (including ours), then it doesn't make sense. It also implies that any spiritual leader, prophet, etc., who proposed a new path was actually working against God's will by further dividing mankind based on religious belief.

How do you know this stuff is true? A bit off topic but a few years back I was reading a book by an Irish lady who claimed she could see angels, and while reading it I just couldn't decide if she was being honest or just making me a fool  ?       I ended up only reading half of it lol. Some people do see angels, but couldn't decide if she was being honest or not.  

1 hour ago, MisterrSingh said:

What these Masters are saying might seem inclusive and loving and tolerant

Maybe these masters are working with the most universal theme...on the most basic level, the message fits, however I'm sure that there would be some exceptions.

1 hour ago, MisterrSingh said:

If religion is artificial, then why did Sikhs make such a big deal about resisting Islam?

The Mughals of that time obviously didn't follow the message of these masters as they were forcefully converting. In a Sikhi lens, we would resist because of the oppression that Mughals gave to the common people.

In the end their message will obviously not be perfect, as we already have the perfect message. I would just take the most we can out of it and look for similarities to Sikhi.