Sikhs marrying Hindus

Guest Mr Lynx

Guest Mr Lynx

It is now the new norm & virtually accepted that many western sikh women & men are marrying Hindus, what is the opinion of our sikh diaspora on this issue? 

Yes I know that many are also marrying blacks, whites & muslims but this focus is on the "more accepted" hindus.

On 1/28/2021 at 8:29 AM, Guest Mr Lynx said:

It is now the new norm & virtually accepted that many western sikh women & men are marrying Hindus, what is the opinion of our sikh diaspora on this issue? 

Yes I know that many are also marrying blacks, whites & muslims but this focus is on the "more accepted" hindus.

Its more common in urban indian cities like Mumbai, bangalore, Dehli than in Punjab and diaspora.

My Opinion

My favourite aspect of interfaith marriage is how the 'Sikh' family feel the urge to wed their faithless son/daughter through Anand Karaj in a Gurdwara. 

Since the partition of Panjab in 1947, extremist Hindus (indian government) have attempted to destroy our way of life and their claim that we are 'long haired hindus' has forced an agenda which tries to move us a far away from our faith and heritage.

One solution you may wish to consider is to read upon The 52 Hukams of Guru Gobind Singh Ji and simply understand them and then look to incorporate them into your lives. Also refrain from practising traditions/events/rituals from other faiths, such as rakhri, eid, christmas, mayan vatna etc.

Have a read:

This has been going on since the advent of Sikhi. Although it is not advised as Guru Gobind Singh Ji has said you should only marry a Sikh, most children born from these relationships are Sikh. Even those born to Sikh women and Hindu men. The west is even more towards the side of Sikhi, I have never seen a child be Hindu from these relationships. Only Sikh. 

I will be very honest. Its' not good for the future of sikhi or sikh diaspora. 

I have personally seen many inter-religious marriages between sikhs and hindus 

When a sikh man marries a hindu woman, the offspring superficially resembles sikhs but the lady brings her own hindu rituals to an extent in her saure ghar and it ends up eroding sikhi from that family . A couple of generations later , there's no sikhi left , either superficially or spiritually

When a sikh woman marries a hindu man, her kids will obviously be hindus , but sometimes do come to gurudware and do sewa , but they can at best be sehajdhari . They're never sikhs

Either way, its not good . Hindu-Sikh marriages don't propagate sikhi. They propagate a syncretism of hinduism and sikhi which a couple of generations later almost inevitably becomes hindu 

On 2/1/2021 at 5:00 AM, AjeetSingh2019 said:

I will be very honest. Its' not good for the future of sikhi or sikh diaspora. 

I have personally seen many inter-religious marriages between sikhs and hindus 

...A couple of generations later , there's no sikhi left , either superficially or spiritually

When a sikh woman marries a hindu man, her kids will obviously be hindus... but they can at best be sehajdhari . They're never sikhs

are you a 110 years old man that you have witnessed the effect "over many generations"? lol.

also, sehajdharis aren't sikhs?  so the 'khalsa' sikhs who this site who have gotten circumcised and plan to marry hindu women because according to them sikh women 'are h*oes' and have 'facial hair' are model sikhs?  ok dude!

btw I can understand sikhs from brahmin and khatri caste many hindu panjabis of their own castes because they are a small group, but i agree that if you are sikh and you care about your religion, you should marry a sikh.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Proud indian 009

Sikhs and hindus share ancestors.  We are really the same blood.  Every sikh has an ancestor, who was a hindu.  This cannot be denied.

Hindus are not a threat to sikhs.  Else, the RSS, when they did ghar wapsi on Punjabi Christian youth recently, would not have reconverted them back into sikhism.  We also gave refuge to afghan Sikhs fleeing persecution in Afghanistan so they can freely practice their religion in india, or any third country they wish to go to later on.  

India is not india without the Sikhs.  Sikhs are an inalienable part of india, who have as much claim on success and progress of india as anybody else.  I believe 95% of Sikhs already know this.  But It may need to be repeated.  A few mistakes from congress goons of the past will not make us turn our shoulders away from Sikhs.  The contributions of sikh gurus in keeping alive indian beliefs and traditions will never be forgotten.