Deep Sidhu - Must watch

Kau89r8

14 hours ago, californiasardar1 said:

I think that they should have performed their seva in Sikhi saroop

In any case, at least they had a compelling reason for their decision (though I still think it was not right)

What compelling reason do clowns like Deep Sidhu have for getting haircuts? Or most stupid jatts?

Why are you making this into a issue about their hair.  We all know the importance of keeping your Kesh but we also know that it has no relevance when one sells his soul.    

Whatever you may have read or heard about him, he has a solid background.  Lakha and Deep are good guys and if it wasn’t for them the morcha would have been abandoned long ago.  The comrades who are controlling the stage are gutless as well threatened by the youth activists.  There is a power struggle going on and the government agencies are creating a divide and trying the best to tarnish the Deep and Lakha. Don’t fall for the ‘BS’ that is thrown about!

Theres always 2 sides to the story. One question , why doesn't Deep Sidhu , go back to the Morcha and explain to the sangat what really happened. If his intentions are not to defame the morcha. Why not come out if he has nothing to hide and is a true sikh , with honest agenda . Such a shame , listening to couple of his speeches , he comes across as a good character .

Loads of questions around how he got to the red fort , when confronted by youth why he ran away , where did he get the motorcycle from to flee Red fort …..

The video about the Singh who put up the Nishaan Sahib was seen and he stated when they went to the red fort , it was calm , peaceful but then the Police started to beat up a Nihang Singh , then in defense the other Nihangs came to help him then it all kicked off.

10 hours ago, MisterrSingh said:

That's one aspect of the issue I've had a problem with for a while.

I think our dependence on Punjabi celebrities speaking up for Panthic issues needs to come to an end. These people are -- and I don't like saying it -- grifters and opportunists who use problems in our community to increase exposure of their "brand." We must really be scraping the barrel for authentic Sikh voices if Jazzy B is our first port of call when someone wants to illustrate how these types of kanjars and entertainers represent the masses. You may argue about songs and such highlighting problems that would otherwise not be heard, BUT we shouldn't be in a place where the only mode of expression for our issues is a throaway folk song.

They never want to relinquish their kanjar-puna but seem to think tying a ramaal and growing some stubble (or wearing a chunni that they'd otherwise never touch in their daily life) for a few weeks is enough to hoodwink the Sikh masses into believing they live a life of pious moderation. The tragedgy is the masses DO fall for it.

We need better people at the forefront of the movement who LIVE as they PREACH. Nobody is expecting perfection or a pooran brahmgyani, but at least try to aspire to those ideals. You can't talk about saving Sikhi or preventing the erasure of Sikhs and our language when you've gone and married someone who's an atheist, a Christian or a Muslim, and has no intention of perpetuating the next generation of Sikhs. Yes, you CAN have opinions and such, BUT have the humility to allow those who have "walked-the-walk" to take the lead in order to portray the necessary image to the impressionable masses. Unfortunately, people with huge egos are drawn to such movements, and they're more concerned with becoming the next Martin Luther King than actually caring about the nuanced aspects of the deep, long-term issues at hand.

A good post

15 hours ago, TigerForce1 said:

Present your evidence otherwise keep your wild conspiracy theories to yourself.  Anyone can post a video make claims about someone but doesn’t mean it is factual!

Here you go. and Listen to Bibi Khalras video and she says it straight that this guy is a BJP agent. and he is seen handing out with BJP leaders. Yet this is the guy who asks for khalistan but hes best buddies are BJP people. Really who stupid do you think people are.

1611778263_28deepsidhu_4c.jpg

Esq3WGgUUAUSwuu.jpg

Sunny-Deol-says-Deep-Sidhus-name-rises-in-Delhi-violence.jpg

These are my views on some of the points made by the other posters and the issue in general.

1. I dont know whether Deep Sidhu's father had Kharkoos murdered or not, but does the crimes of the father justify lynching the son? Is not everyone responsible for their own actions and not of their parents. Deep Sidhu's photos with Sunny Deol are being posted around as if that proves that Deep Sidhu is a government agent. I am sure we can find photos of these BKU leaders on the net with Badal and Captain or even with BJP leaders, so does that mean they are also government agents? As for sons of those who betrayed their own people, personally I would love to see all those sons of Punjab police officers who committed atrocities on the Kharkoos to come and support any morcha that benefits the Panth. Their fathers committed atrocities against our people and they need to be punished in this world and the next but let their sons decide whether they support the actions of their fathers or not. Raveet Bittu comes to mind, the only difference between Bittu and Deep Sidhu is that Bittu supports the atrocities his grandfather committed against us whereas I have never seen or heard that Deep Sidhu support the alleged actions that his father took against us. If you look at history during the times of the Mughal oppressions apart from one Chaudhri Langah and his descendants, all the other Chaudhris of Majha used to either remain neutral or actively carried out the orders of the Mughals to send them the heads of any Sikhs they could find. When the Khalsa become dominant, they did take action against those who had joined the Mughals such as Niranjanias of Jandiala and the other chaudhris but they did not kill all their sons and daughters. Some of the most chardi kala kharkoos in the 80s came from these villages and some may very likely have been descendants of those chaudhris that persecuted the Sikhs. Even now these villages have the most ardent Sikhs. The point I am making is if even one son of these police who persecuted the kharkoos comes over to the Panth then that is a win for the Panth. 

2. The Andolan, we all know or should know that these Andolan leaders are affiliated to one union or another, some represent just farmers and other represent both farmers as well as farmers and labourers. They are either affiliated the Akalis, or communists or Congress. They have been splitting and reforming and splitting again from their main bodies since they were formed.  The history of these farmers unions in Punjab is that normally they just take part in small agitations involving a dharna in front of a DC or MLA's office and it wraps up the Punjab government giving the leader a cushy job as a market committee chairman and that is the 'victory' of the agitation. What we have seen here is that these small unions who are only ever in command of a few dozen supporters are suddenly in charge of tens of thousands and even a lakh at some stages. Initially it was a small affair but when people like Lakha Sidhana got involved and I admire him because whatever his background he has mobilised the youth of Punjab like no other person has since Sant Bhindranwale. He has literally spent months touring villages in Punjab and getting not just the youth but virtually all age groups involved in the andolan. The shortcomings of these union leaders  such as lack of organisational ability would have been exposed on day one were it not for the support from the villages, the panthic organisations as well as the diaspora because all these stepped in to fulfil every need of the andolan. These leaders now think that just because they have been put into a position where they can talk with govt ministers that they are strong leaders. They are not and Rajewal is the worst of the lot with his arrogant attitude.The youth are the ones who have kept the pressure on these paper tigers to keep to the aims of the andolan. 

3. The Nishan Sahib at the Red Fort. A lot of people are going hyper and are actually throwing those youth who did this under the bus. These are the same people who would shout about Sikh pride but because of the bandars going ape over it these same Sikhs are now trying to turn those youth into gaddars. How low can these people be? The way those leaders threw both Deep Sidhu and Lakha Sidhana under the bus was the most disgusting display of cowardice I have ever seen. These people outdid the Badals. I don't believe those youth were gaddars or agents, if you watch the videos you can see their genuine pride in being able to put a Nishan Sahib at the Red Fort. I also don't believe that Deep Sidhu is a gaddar, the government may have engineered the cattleing of the marchers to the red fort and possibly the plan was that they would be provoked into violence and the police would fire on them and kill perhaps hundreds and then the andolan would be over and Modi could play the great Hindu hero. I personally believe that something miraculous happened there, when the Nishan Sahib went on the flag pole, you can see the Baaj flying overhead, the Guru was there to project the Khalsa and although the police used violence, the Sikhs were able to not only withstand them but actually forced the police to retreat as was shown in the video with the police being forced to jump off the walls.

BAAJ?? at Red Fort | MUST WATCH VIDEO - YouTube

In Shocking Video, Delhi Cops Forced To Jump Off Wall To Escape Farmers At Red Fort - YouTube

4. The reaction - No doubt the andolan has been delivered a blow and this has given the Hindu extremists a way to portray us as anti-nationals but we have to weigh this against what the impact will be of the hoisting. If someone had posted on even a month ago that a group of Sikh youth would be able to fly the Nishan Sahib at the Red Fort on India's republic day without mass casualties he would have been told that he was insane. And yet this happened. Whatever the impact on the andolan that day was momentous. 

5. The future - It's very difficult for Modi to back down but he has offered a suspension of 18 months to 2 years. He could repeal the laws but then he has to option of destroying the farmers livelihood by not increasing the MSP and making as is happening now farming more and more uneconomical. Farming the way it is taking place in Punjab is destroying the environment and could make Punjab a desert in a few decades. The mass mobilisation that we have seen with every section of Sikh society beung involved has created a chance to change Punjab for the better. What is needed now is Sikh NGOs and the diaspora to assist farmers in firstly diversifying in order to save the environment and then creating new opprtunities in new technologies to take Punjab away from being reliant on the largesse of the Indian state for it's welfare.