punjabi Hindus speaking bad about bhappaa girls!

shastarSingh

2 hours ago, MisterrSingh said:

No, Anand Karaj is taken up by all categories of Sikh, but it's not used to bind individual levels of religious adherence.

Amritdhari is someone who's baptised (uncut hair all over body); a Keshdhari is someone who keeps the hair on their face and head uncut without the baptism committment.

I thought you had to have Amrit to do Anand Karaj though?

4 minutes ago, GurjantGnostic said:

Bet there was a few arguments over loosening that string. 

I think it was a boiled frog situation not a sudden switch in policy. The religious orthodoxy didn't enforce it because it would've hit their financial bottom line to turn away non-Amritdhari couples. When business concerns override religious considerations these kind of issues tend to happen. 

1 minute ago, MisterrSingh said:

I think it was a boiled frog situation not a sudden switch in policy. The religious orthodoxy didn't enforce it because it would've hit their financial bottom line to turn away non-Amritdhari couples. When business concerns override religious considerations these kind of issues tend to happen. 

I hadn't thought of that. 

Demonitization and transparent accounting. Money is horrible stuff in so many ways. 

With Gurudwara leadership and Panthic leadership it seems like a consensus based representative system would be way better than voting. 

Until new Takhts are formed I really question Daswand as is. 

1 minute ago, MisterrSingh said:

Realistically, this type of mentality doesn't come naturally to those of Sikh background. Culturally, the emphasis is on nurturing one's blood. I'm not passing judgement, just telling you how it is.

I appreciate that, and I get it. Just throwing things out there. The Quakers were into celibacy and adopting and running orphanages and it exploded their numbers for their hay day. 

I mean theres green card marriages...

I'm digging at the bottom of barrel. I don't think there's much more down here other than brothels and marrying convicts...

In my world Amritdhari Singhs and Singhni were joyfully fascilitatded into Anand Karaj by elders and their Sangat and enjoyed the most wholesome and abundant of lives, blessed with only Gursikh children surely. And while Kalyug took its toll in the world the Khalsa continued to flourish. 

1 minute ago, GurjantGnostic said:

I hadn't thought of that. 

Demonitization and transparent accounting. Money is horrible stuff in so many ways. 

With Gurudwara leadership and Panthic leadership it seems like a consensus based representative system would be way better than voting. 

Until new Takhts are formed I really question Daswand as is. 

It's a vicious cycle. The non-enforcement of edicts by the religious hierarchy is viewed as a tacit endorsement of certain practices which snowball into other behaviours that creep into the psyche of a people over time. It's a difficult issue. For a religion such as ours that has zero political power and reach, the orthodoxy can't be as authoritarian as something like Islam because the strength to enforce certain things is non-existent. But without ANY sort of curtailing of damaging social and cultural practices, the belief system has the potential to resemble something totally different to the philosophy on which it was founded.