when is Amritvela

Amrit

Fateh

I once heard Professor Darshan Singh do katha on when Amrit Vela is.

Their view is that Amrit Vela is at any time when we drink Amrit i.e. the nectar of Naam. This could be at any point during the day and does not necessarily need to be in the early hours of the morning.

They go on to say that we are more likely to drink the nectar of Naam in the early hours of the morning as we are unlikely to have other things on our mind and are more likely to be able to concentrate on nitnem, simran etc.

However, amrit vela could be during the day if we are able to concentrate on Waheguru Jee and get a break from our daily entanglements.

Guru Jee's updesh is that we remember Waheguru Saas Giraas.

May Guru Jee do his kirpa on us all so that we remember Waheguru Jee. ^_^

Bhul Chuk Maaf

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

thas wrong

amritvela is in the morining

i can give many gurbani refrences that say before sun rises and at the risingf of the sun

theres something about this time that vaheguru made, are bhagti is way better and counts for more too

like i can do japji sahib at 5 pm

but if i do at amrit vela, its way better for me

bhula chuka maf

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

thas wrong

amritvela is in the morining

i can give many gurbani refrences that say before sun rises and at the risingf of the sun

theres something about this time that vaheguru made, are bhagti is way better and counts for more too

like i can do japji sahib at 5 pm

but if i do at amrit vela, its way better for me

bhula chuka maf

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

could i see some of these references please ??

bhull chukk muaff

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

sodr AwrqI gwvIAY AMimRq vyly jwp aucwrw]

sodhar aarathee gaaveeai a(n)mrith vaelae jaap ouchaaraa||

Sodar and Arati were sung and in the ambrosial hours Japu was recited.

as we know, guru je did japji sahib in the morning and rehraas and aarti in the shaam da vela

this si one example from bani that this goes back to guru jes times

isPq slwhx AMimRq vylw ]òú]÷]

sifath salaahan a(n)mrith vaelaa ||aa||a||

Ambrosial hours are the correct time for His praise.

as bhai gurdas je says, amrit vela is the correct time to do paat,t he best time

vwihgurU guru mMqR su jwp kr iesnwn pVHY jpu jwpu ]]

vaahiguroo gur ma(n)thr s jaap kar eisanaan parrhai jap jaap ||||

Repeat the Mantra of the Guru 'Vaheguru'. Take your bath and then read your morning prayers.

mÚ 4 ]

ma 4 ||

Fourth Mehl:

gur siqgur kw jo isKu AKwey su Blky auiT hir nwmu iDAwvY ]

gur sathigur kaa jo sikh akhaaeae s bhalakae out(h) har naam dhhiaavai ||

One who calls himself a Sikh of the Guru, the True Guru, shall rise in the early morning hours and meditate on the Lord's Name.

audmu kry Blky prBwqI iesnwnu kry AMimRq sir nwvY ]

oudham karae bhalakae parabhaathee eisanaan karae a(

n)mrith sar naavai ||

Upon arising early in the morning, he is to bathe, and cleanse himself in the pool of nectar.

aupdyis gurU hir hir jpu jwpY siB iklivK pwp doK lih jwvY ]

oupadhaes guroo har har jap jaapai sabh kilavikh paap dhokh lehi jaavai ||

Following the Instructions of the Guru, he is to chant the Name of the Lord, Har, Har. All sins, misdeeds and negativity shall be erased.

iPir cVY idvsu gurbwxI gwvY bhidAw auTidAw hir nwmu iDAwvY ]

fir charrai dhivas gurabaanee gaavai behadhiaa out(h)adhiaa har naam dhhiaavai ||

Then, at the rising of the sun, he is to sing Gurbani; whether sitting down or standing up, he is to meditate on the Lord's Name.

jo swis igrwis iDAwey myrw hir hir so gurisKu gurU min BwvY ]

jo saas giraas dhhiaaeae maeraa har har so gurasikh guroo man bhaavai ||

One who meditates on my Lord, Har, Har, with every breath and every morsel of food - that GurSikh becomes pleasing to the Guru's Mind.

ijs no dieAwlu hovY myrw suAwmI iqsu gurisK gurU aupdysu suxwvY ]

jis no dhaeiaal hovai maeraa suaamee this gurasikh guroo oupadhaes

sunaavai ||

That person, unto whom my Lord and Master is kind and compassionate - upon that GurSikh, the Guru's Teachings are bestowed.

jnu nwnku DUiV mMgY iqsu gurisK kI jo Awip jpY Avrh nwmu jpwvY ]2]

jan naanak dhhoorr ma(n)gai this gurasikh kee jo aap japai avareh naam japaavai ||2||

Servant Nanak begs for the dust of the feet of that GurSikh, who himself chants the Naam, and inspires others to chant it. ||2||

amrit vela is in the morning, as bhai gurdas je and guru je both say

many many sants and gursikhs have said amrit vela in the eraly morning is the best time to do paat and simran

baba nand singh je used to wake around 12 am

amrit vela sach naao vadaiae veechar

i heard even flowers spread more of their scent around this time

and anyone who wakesup at amrit vela, early amrit vela, and read bani and does simran knows the anand we u can get out of amrit vela

bhula chuka maf

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!