My opinions

Singh1989

According to Guru Nanak Ji to a peer, "Hell and Heaven is a state of mind. Not a Geographic location." 

SGGS states "Jamdoot come and beat up paapis/ Nirguras. Wine and fish eaters go to hell" etc. Also, hell is fire Heaven is freedom, joy, Sukhi saans. 

My opinions. Apparently, God is also known as "Upperwale" (Being up there). So if Heaven is up and hell is down (according to tradition) we need to think, what is up? Space, stars! No gravity. Sounds like all the good / religious folks do become stars after death! Of course not the case but what else is up? 

Now, lets focus on down... Core of the Earth, Heat! Lava! Hot n scary items. Interestingly we humans may die before getting towards the Earth's core and we cannot reach the nearest star in a single life... (Ok, we should forget about stars). Simply, my opinion is (taking into SGGS account) Hell is Core of the Earth and... IDK where Sachkhand is but must be obviously some place nice. So, core of the Earth is where all the paapi souls are imprisoned n tortured. 

According to Guru Nanak Ji live a life where you live life a true hermit. In God's will. By doing so the mind itself becomes like Heaven. Hell and Heaven is a state of mind. Heaven too is, sadly, a Maya (groan) the truest place is with God in His Darbaar. 

1 hour ago, Singh1989 said:

Apparently, God is also known as "Upperwale" (Being up there). So if Heaven is up and hell is down (according to tradition) we need to think, what is up?

What is up? What is down? These are both relative to a point and our perception.

17 minutes ago, Arsh1469 said:

Dasam Granth it mentions it as real places and so does SGGS Ji

Can you tell me some of the shabads that say this ?

This video has been recommended by @GurjantGnostic and it talks a bit about this:

Maybe Heaven & Hell is not a geographical location but a different plane...

1 hour ago, Singh1989 said:

According to Guru Nanak Ji to a peer, "Hell and Heaven is a state of mind. Not a Geographic location." 

SGGS states "Jamdoot come and beat up paapis/ Nirguras. Wine and fish eaters go to hell" etc. Also, hell is fire Heaven is freedom, joy, Sukhi saans. 

My opinions. Apparently, God is also known as "Upperwale" (Being up there). So if Heaven is up and hell is down (according to tradition) we need to think, what is up? Space, stars! No gravity. Sounds like all the good / religious folks do become stars after death! Of course not the case but what else is up? 

Now, lets focus on down... Core of the Earth, Heat! Lava! Hot n scary items. Interestingly we humans may die before getting towards the Earth's core and we cannot reach the nearest star in a single life... (Ok, we should forget about stars). Simply, my opinion is (taking into SGGS account) Hell is Core of the Earth and... IDK where Sachkhand is but must be obviously some place nice. So, core of the Earth is where all the paapi souls are imprisoned n tortured. 

According to Guru Nanak Ji live a life where you live life a true hermit. In God's will. By doing so the mind itself becomes like Heaven. Hell and Heaven is a state of mind. Heaven too is, sadly, a Maya (groan) the truest place is with God in His Darbaar. 

I suppose the opinion  is based solely on what you see with these physical eyes. Quantum physics suggest we see very little of what's around us with our eyes. What if theres more 'up there's and 'down there' that can be perceived by our eyes and further more that can be comprehended by our mind. 

Also I suppose our mind is shrouded by maya so can we really perceive what is the true reality?

It's so complex both are true. But I do beleive Guruji is trying to disgard the idea of heaven as somewhere to meet God later, they taught us to achieve the union in this life. This is perhaps why Bhagat Kabir ji stressed the hypocrisy  of faiths which focused on the heaven and hell in the wrong way. So were trying to dispel ideas around God being out of reach etc. 

So the state of mind can be it. Our experience  here can be it. As Gurbani says everything  is within us. Equally the realms and 5 Khands exist in dimensions different to ours. 

Alot of missionaries like to go with the fixed opinion that theres no heaven and hell  'it's all in the mind's . But I think reality is theres no one answer. We can rely on True Brahmgyanis and there experiences and our Khoj of Gurbani

While Guruji says

ਤਹਾਬੈਕੁੰਠੁਜਹਕੀਰਤਨੁਤੇਰਾਤੂੰਆਪੇਸਰਧਾਲਾਇਹਿ੨॥
“That place is heaven, where the Lord’s Praises are sung. You Yourself instill faith into us. ||2||”
(Ang 749)

they also say 

ਜਿਤਨੇ ਨਰਕ ਸੇ ਮਨਮੁਖਿ ਭੋਗੈ ਗੁਰਮੁਖਿ ਲੇਪੁ ਨ ਮਾਸਾ ਹੇ ||੧੨||
As many hells there are, Manmukhs suffer through them all but Gurmukh don’t experience hell even one bit.

2 hours ago, intrigued said:

What is up? What is down? These are both relative to a point and our perception.

Can you tell me some of the shabads that say this ?

This video has been recommended by @GurjantGnostic and it talks a bit about this:

Maybe Heaven & Hell is not a geographical location but a different plane...

It is in the start of Mach avtar and Brhama Avtar and like all the other avtar paths also Ram avtar I think