UK government on importance of India to it's future over the farmer protest

dallysingh101

25 minutes ago, dallysingh101 said:

What's Rees-Mogg basically saying here......

What he's saying is, loosely translated is, they aren't going to anything because they've just signed a 23 billion deal with India and they don't really care what happens to people over there they don't want to criticise or upset the Indian government in any way because it may affect their trade deal, okay, that's not what he said but that's what will happen.

32 minutes ago, kcmidlands said:

What he's saying is, loosely translated is, they aren't going to anything because they've just signed a 23 billion deal with India and they don't really care what happens to people over there they don't want to criticise or upset the Indian government in any way because it may affect their trade deal, okay, that's not what he said but that's what will happen.

I agree with you. 

I'd also like to take this time to laugh at all the proud 'sons of farmers' I've met over the years who've been obnoxiously banging on about their 'special bundh-yaari' with the angrezi quom. 

I hope even the most dimwitted amongst you can now finally see where you truly stand, and how much your 'friends' really value you in your own time of need.....something you should've twigged a long time ago in my opinion (like at partition), but I guess some peoples REALLY are slow learners.  

I salute your forefather's sacrifices for these people ....<cough, cough........>

48 minutes ago, dallysingh101 said:

I agree with you. 

I'd also like to take this time to laugh at all the proud 'sons of farmers' I've met over the years who've been obnoxiously banging on about their 'special bundh-yaari' with the angrezi quom. 

I hope even the most dimwitted amongst you can now finally see where you truly stand, and how much your 'friends' really value you in your own time of need.....something you should've twigged a long time ago in my opinion (like at partition), but I guess some peoples REALLY are slow learners.  

I salute your forefather's sacrifices for these people ....<cough, cough........>

Very few countries will openly criticize another country, especially one they trade with, it's only recently that the UK passed comment on China's treatment of Uyghurs, at most they could say that they agree with the right to peaceful protest, i don't think they have any sway beyond that, this is the same government who have let a British citizen languish without any concrete evidence in a prison in India for over 3 years, his case has been bought up time and time again and they've done nothing.

I think this is about being backed into a corner because they messed up Brexit and have to beg for trade deals because they don't have the international power they once had in the "Glorious day's of Empire" but i do agree with you about "Indian" people still harking back to the glory day's because they have been brainwashed over generations to believe that the "White" man was our saviour.

51 minutes ago, kcmidlands said:

this is the same government who have let a British citizen languish without any concrete evidence in a prison in India for over 3 years, his case has been bought up time and time again and they've done nothing.

These are the same people who professed to being neutral in the 80s but subsequently revealed documents prove that they actually sent SAS 'advisors' to Indira in the run up to Bluestar. 

Juts need to wise up and stop looking at these people as saviours or friends. Juts are looking like proper mugs because of this. No wonder they continually get mugged off by the establishment - and that includes sustained denials and obfuscation (over decades) of targeted grooming taking place against our community. 

Wake up you slo-mos!! For Gawd's sake. Are you people REALLY THAT SIMPLE???? Wake up!!

The £23billion Trade Deal with India

India will use this deal to pressure the UK whenever an opponent of India's politics speaks up. That deportation legislation the UK passed last year (or it may have been 2019) that people assumed will target Muslims will also be used to silence non-Muslim Indian opponents in the UK. Doesn't look very good for UK Sikhs who have aspirations of speaking out against India. They can easily fabricate charges of incitement to terror. Balls.

5 hours ago, MisterrSingh said:

The £23billion Trade Deal with India

India will use this deal to pressure the UK whenever an opponent of India's politics speaks up. That deportation legislation the UK passed last year (or it may have been 2019) that people assumed will target Muslims will also be used to silence non-Muslim Indian opponents in the UK. Doesn't look very good for UK Sikhs who have aspirations of speaking out against India. They can easily fabricate charges of incitement to terror. Balls.

Welcome to post-Brexit Britain, enjoy your stay, people need to think before they speak now (which, to be fair, they should anyway).

The flip side of this is the Government doesn't get it all their own way, they had a bill over turned that allowed them to freely trade with anyone that has violated human rights in the house of lords, for example, if China is found to have violated the human rights of Uyghurs then Britain has to seek permission from the supreme court before trading with them, the same could in theory go for India (we all know what they're human rights record's are like).

@Kcmidlands your bang on , its all about money nothing else.

Its also interesting how they state India is a sovereign country , leave all matters to them as they can deal with it. Everyone else stay out.  Yet they cause atrocities left , right and center yet no one talks. On the media , you had mainstream news about BLM,Egypt,Russia, first Mosque to provide COVID Vaccines et.. But no coverage of the farmers protest on mainstream News, where GOI have :-

1) Arrested approx. 143 people. In particular one 80 yr old and one 70 yr old. Arrested people whilst they were having lungar(food) 

2) Over 170 deaths , where some have been suicides and shootings by the Police

3) Journalists arrested , cracking down on news medias such as newsclick

4) RSS thugs bought in to cause violence

5) human rights violations ( no access to toilets/bathroom/barricaded in like sheep)

the list goes on and on …...

I never understood the GOI judicial system , it seems as if they make it up as they are going along  and all they are doing is watching video footage and arresting people at random.

Surely international pressure can help put pressure on GOI ?

3 hours ago, DSG said:

@Kcmidlands your bang on , its all about money nothing else.

Its also interesting how they state India is a sovereign country , leave all matters to them as they can deal with it. Everyone else stay out.  Yet they cause atrocities left , right and center yet no one talks. On the media , you had mainstream news about BLM,Egypt,Russia, first Mosque to provide COVID Vaccines et.. But no coverage of the farmers protest on mainstream News, where GOI have :-

1) Arrested approx. 143 people. In particular one 80 yr old and one 70 yr old. Arrested people whilst they were having lungar(food) 

2) Over 170 deaths , where some have been suicides and shootings by the Police

3) Journalists arrested , cracking down on news medias such as newsclick

4) RSS thugs bought in to cause violence

5) human rights violations ( no access to toilets/bathroom/barricaded in like sheep)

the list goes on and on …...

I never understood the GOI judicial system , it seems as if they make it up as they are going along  and all they are doing is watching video footage and arresting people at random.

Surely international pressure can help put pressure on GOI ?

The thing you have to remember is that mainstream news agencies (like the BBC) have a narrative they want to feed the public, i remember the week before the first national lockdown last March in the UK, i was going to work on the train everyday and nearly had a breakdown because i kept watching the news, my wife made me turn it off so i could get my head together, this is what they do a lot, they feed you a version of events that they want you to believe, that's their editorial judgement at work, they've done the same with the farmers protest.

If there had been violence at the protests and, let's say, the instigators were Muslim, then the media over here would be all over it because it fit's in with their narrative to show one particular race as bad, in the case of Sikhs it's a little more difficult because the majority of the time we're on the tv we are portrayed as good people who help others, in India however, their media narrative is that all the protestors are Khalistani Sikh terrorist's and that's what they're trying to sell to the world and failing miserably at it and now they've arrested a climate change campaigner over there as a scapegoat for Greta Thunberg over a one page google doc that allegedly tells the farmers how to protest.

India have become a manufacturing powerhouse, they produce half the worlds drugs and vaccines, the majority of the worlds paracetamol production is based there, the government over there know this and are well aware that if countries mess with them they'll cut off supplies but it shouldn't stop other countries calling them out, failing that, the general public have more power than any government, they need to start vetoing things made over there,

2 minutes ago, kcmidlands said:

failing that, the general public have more power than any government, they need to start vetoing things made over there,

I don't think that works, I've seen it tried over the years (like with French wine) but people essentially want what they want and separate it from politics. I mean we still probably all get cheap Chinese manufactured stuff, despite them being positioned as the global evil of our current time. 

And I think if anybody is going to 'veto' things, pharmaceuticals manufactured at a rate that is massively lower than if they had been manufactured in the west, would be the last thing on the list.

I think people in general seem largely unconcerned with global 'human rights' in this day and age (if ever they were concerned and not just using it for political leverage).