Fundraising and kaljug

Premi5

Why do people in the west (I can only really talk about my media experiences of UK, N America and Oz) need to lower the level so much when it comes to fundraising/charity?

Okay, if it is a sponsored silence or running a marathon, then I agree it's a good effort and could be rewarded

But then there are things promoted like 'shaving off hair' , stripping, naked calenders etc

Is it just kaljug ?

40 minutes ago, Premi5 said:

Why do people in the west (I can only really talk about my media experiences of UK, N America and Oz) need to lower the level so much when it comes to fundraising/charity?

Okay, if it is a sponsored silence or running a marathon, then I agree it's a good effort and could be rewarded

But then there are things promoted like 'shaving off hair' , stripping, naked calenders etc

Is it just kaljug ?

Shock value for attention / publicity so they can raise more money than would otherwise be possible if the fundraising activity was mundane. Although shaving hair is jarring for us Sikhs for obvious reasons, but for others I don't think it's in the same ballpark as nangapunna and besharm stuff like that, lol. Beans in a bathtub is borderline for me. ?