Sikhi and abortion

puzzled

• 3 weeks later...
Just now, Kaurr said:

I don't get it. They're saying how there should be a non judgement environment, but do they mean abortion is okay?

Basically yeah, think they call it "pro-choice"    they completely decided to ignore what bani says, wonder why ....  

mwq grB duK swgro ipAwry qh Apxw nwmu jpwieAw ]

maat garabh dhukh saagaro piaare teh apanaa naam japaiaa ||

The womb of the mother is an ocean of pain, O Beloved; even there, the Lord causes His Name to be chanted.

(Raag Sorath, Mehla 5, Ang 640)

Agin kuMt mih aurD ilv lwgw hir rwKY audr mMJwrw ]

agan ku(n)T meh auradh liv laagaa har raakhai audhar ma(n)jhaaraa ||

In the fiery pit of the womb, when you were hanging upside-down, the Lord absorbed You in His Love, and preserved You.

(Raag Bairaarree, Mehla 4, Ang 720)

Just now, Suchi said:

The issue of abortion is highly complex. The scenario above is more common where safe abortion is not available. In times when abortion was illegal in the UK, many women sought the services of back street abortionists, often putting themselves at risk of permanent damage or even death.  

Bro there's abortion clinics everywhere in Punjab because tragically its a popular demand. The baby was obviously thrown into the river because its a girl. 

In Punjab you can see abortion clinic adverts plastered in the shahrs

Revenge abortion happens as well. In India my own cousins wife aborted his baby 5 times and then she used to tell him. Its very easy to get abortions done in Punjab. 

Just now, Suchi said:

@puzzled

Then its a case of trying to influence culture to reduce these unwanted pregnancies through counselling the parents, proper contraception etc. 

I can't imagine why a woman would go through 5 abortions unless her husband was trying to force her to have children she didn't want.  Bizarre. 

They do use contraception but they don't want girl babies, that's why there are so many abortion clinics in Punjab. 

It was a "love" marriage, didn't turn out well so she used to get the babies aborted to get back at him, he told my mother how she gets the baby aborted every time and then comes back and rubs it in. Her own mother confirmed the abortions and said she was part of it as well.

Unfortunately some women do that, get an abortion for "revenge" 

Really sick twisted world we live in, the things I've seen and heard, makes you suspicious about everyone and everything. 

Demographic Profile of Punjab (India, 2011)

Just looking at some statistics regarding the sex ratios. This is from 2011 census, the biggest difference is in the 15-19 age group, this would be the cohort born between 1990-1995.

The sex ratio dropped considerably between 1981 census and the 1991 census and dropped even further in 2001 and then has climbed back in the 2011 census 

This is between 0 to 6 age group:

In 1981, there were 908 girls to every 1000 boys

In 1991, there were 875 girls to every 1000 boys

In 2001, there were 798 girls to every 1000 boys

In 2011, there were 846 girls to every 1000 boys

Now I have absolutely no idea when abortion was legalised or became common in Punjab and India but what do you think happened between 1981 and 1991?

I know my mum told me that after 1984, so many young lads went "missing" that parents with girls found it hard to get their daughters to get married because there was a shortage of boys.

Now I don't know if correlation means causation in this instance, could it be the fact that because of what happened in the 1980s and even up to the early 90's, the birth of the boy was seen as more valuable than it already was and this resulted in girls getting aborted.

Though what we have seen is the ratios are creeping back up but not at 1991's level. There is another census this year, let's see what comes out of that one

Just now, Suchi said:

@puzzled

Terrible. They'd probably be better off separating, but no doubt that would be considered an even greater sin.

What is the world coming too? No hope it seems. 

bro he isn't alive anymore, died a broken man. She on the other hand got married to some NRI from somewhere in Europe and moved abroad. 

It really is terrible, the things people do.

And these are supposedly the naive coy females from India,  Anyway don't want to go off topic ....