Understanding Sikhi through Gurbani

Redoptics

On 2/23/2021 at 8:04 AM, puzzled said:

Not sure who this man is but he sounds like a missionary.

Why is his dhari tied?

He says sakhis were written by Hindus, so was Kavi Santokh Singh ji a Hindu or a Musalman?

He says there are no sakhis in Guru Granth Sahib Ji. Wrong. Much of Gurbani is in response to the very Sakhis which we narrate. Bani has a backdrop and context, sakhis are a narration of this backdrop. 

I suggest you do your due diligence,  and read the material provided.

1 hour ago, puzzled said:

He says there are no sakhis in Guru Granth Sahib Ji. Wrong. Much of Gurbani is in response to the very Sakhis which we narrate. Bani has a backdrop and context, sakhis are a narration of this backdrop. 

E.g.  When Guru Nanak Dev ji revealed Babur Bani. The town/region that Babur Bani was reaveld and set in, was a town where saints were disrespected. Bhai Mardana ji or Bhai Bala ji went around the town knocking on the doors asking for water and every single person of the town insulted them and slammed the doors on their faces. Babur then invades this very town and Guru describes the invasion. The princes were cut into peaces while the women had their hair shaved off, metal chains put around their necks and they were sent off to be sold in the markets.

He wrote an article about this that I read recently: https://sikhivicharforum.org/2020/01/17/khursan-khasmana-kiya-ਖੁਰਾਸਾਨ-ਖਸਮਾਨਾ-ਕੀਆ/#more-2774

What I think he means when he says that there are no sakhis is that:

Gurbani is Sarab Sanji; by which is meant it is NEVER occasion, location, era or person specific. This means that while Gurbani is always composed at some location; may be composed to draw from specific occasions and events; and may be uttered in the presence of person or persons – the composition is NEVER MEANT for any specific location, any particular occasion or for a certain person(s).

While the above is true, I think it is only one aspect of Gurbani. That means that while Gurbani is applicable in different scenarios, it also addresses the events of those times. Gurbani has a lot of layers.

Honestly, the quote above is a typical way to make an argument that Dasam Granth isn't legit: which he has done - https://sikhivicharforum.org/category/truth-of-bng-dsm-granth/

He also did Ninda of Bhai Vir Singh and Kavi Santokh SIngh - https://sikhivicharforum.org/2018/09/18/the-hijackers-of-sikhi-4/

Tbh, we need to be wary of these types of arguments.

1 minute ago, chatanga1 said:
Here is the doctor is partially correct. Gurbani is spiritual in nature and meant for the whole of humanity throughout time. However Gurbani is not restricted from, neither does it abandon the "uthanka" or background to such writings. Gurbani has many levels, and the historical aspect of Gurbani is also valid. Coming back on the great doctors thought that Gurbani is never occasion, location era or person specific, I would like to bring these lines of shabads to the reader so they can see if doctor karminder is correct.:

Bhagat Farid Ji Maharaj bani starts a lot with "Farida" where he is telling/educating himself. Did BHagat Ji tell these with others in mind? Possibly but the immediate instruction is to himself. So in the first instance this gurbani and many others of Bhagat Ji are person specific. But when we read them are WE telling Bhagat Farid what he must do, in order to find God?"

ਆਸਾ ਮਹਲਾ ੫ ॥

Aasaa, Fifth Mehla:

ਪ੍ਰਥਮੇ ਮਤਾ ਜਿ ਪਤ੍ਰੀ ਚਲਾਵਉ ॥

First, they advised me to send a letter.

ਦੁਤੀਏ ਮਤਾ ਦੁਇ ਮਾਨੁਖ ਪਹੁਚਾਵਉ ॥

Second, they advised me to send two men.

ਤ੍ਰਿਤੀਏ ਮਤਾ ਕਿਛੁ ਕਰਉ ਉਪਾਇਆ ॥

Third, they advised me to make the effort and do something.

ਮੈ ਸਭੁ ਕਿਛੁ ਛੋਡਿ ਪ੍ਰਭ ਤੁਹੀ ਧਿਆਇਆ ॥੧॥

But I have renounced everything, and I meditate only on You, God. ||1||

This shabad by Guru Arjan Dev Ji Maharaj is person specific. Which Sikh who has read this shabad sent a letter and then subsequently two men? To whom did he send them?

ਕਹਤ ਨਾਮਦੇਉ ਸੁਨਹੁ ਤਿਲੋਚਨ ਬਾਲਕੁ ਪਾਲਨ ਪਉਢੀਅਲੇ ॥

Says Naam Dayv, listen, O Trilochan: the child is laid down in the cradle.

ਅੰਤਰਿ ਬਾਹਰਿ ਕਾਜ ਬਿਰੂਧੀ ਚੀਤੁ ਸੁ ਬਾਰਿਕ ਰਾਖੀਅਲੇ ॥੪॥੧॥

Its mother is at work, inside and outside, but she holds her child in her thoughts. ||4||1||

Here Bhagat Ji is addressing Bhagat Trilochan directly.

It's still a lesson that we as humans use, but the fact is that it is not addressed to us all at that specific time. It was specifically to one person.

ਮੇਰੇ ਸਿਖ ਸੁਣਹੁ ਪੁਤ ਭਾਈਹੋ ਮੇਰੈ ਹਰਿ ਭਾਣਾ ਆਉ ਮੈ ਪਾਸਿ ਜੀਉ ॥

Listen O my Sikhs, my children and Siblings of Destiny; it is my Lord's Will that I must now go to Him.

ਹਰਿ ਭਾਣਾ ਗੁਰ ਭਾਇਆ ਮੇਰਾ ਹਰਿ ਪ੍ਰਭੁ ਕਰੇ ਸਾਬਾਸਿ ਜੀਉ ॥

The Guru gladly accepted the Lord's Will, and my Lord God applauded Him.

So when we read the above lines from Ramkali Sadd, are we assuming the title and rank of Guru? Or is it Sunder saying it for a specific moment in the Guru's Life?

From the above few lines it is apparent that Gurbani does not share Doctor karminders views of what gurbani should be.

Fully agree

On 2/23/2021 at 9:22 AM, chatanga1 said:

This man Karminder is a malaysian missionary parasite. He is a nindak of everything from Sri Dasme Patshah's granth Sahib to naam simran to every single sakhi there is on Sikhi.....

Thanks for sharing bro, I've never seen him before but I watched the first 10 mins of the video and had a feeing he was a missionary.