cannabis vs alcohol

shastarSingh

https://www.marijuanamoment.net/serious-injuries-from-domestic-violence-dropped-after-marijuana-decriminalization-study-finds/

Cannabis decriminalization was also linked to a 40.7 percent reduction in severe domestic violence incidents where alcohol was a factor, as well as a 23.1 percent reduction in incidents involving a weapon.

3 hours ago, shastarSingh said:

https://www.marijuanamoment.net/serious-injuries-from-domestic-violence-dropped-after-marijuana-decriminalization-study-finds/

Cannabis decriminalization was also linked to a 40.7 percent reduction in severe domestic violence incidents where alcohol was a factor, as well as a 23.1 percent reduction in incidents involving a weapon.

You should rephrase your heading and conduct research regarding Alcohol/Cannabis vs Milk/Water?  The findings would better illustrate the benefits of day to day life between people who use and do not use.

http://deghtegh.blogspot.com/?m=1

Cannabis Facilitates Compromise

By calming emotion, promoting self-reflection, and enhancing gentleness, cannabis promotes forgiveness and compromise, and thereby can aid powerfully in the resolution of a wide array of disputes, from lovers quarrels to business matters to political disagreements. Science may not yet have begun to study this one, but the ability of cannabis to promote forgiveness is a regular topic at on-line cannabis related discussion forums.
Human health and wellness are not mechanical matters. We are not machines, we are not purely physical beings. We have souls, and those souls must be nurtured. Raising our children, resolving our disputes, writing our poems and singing our songs: these things too are a part of wellness.

http://deghtegh.blogspot.com/?m=1

Cannabis Facilitates a Deeper Connection Between Parents and Children

By enhancing our patience, and sense of play and wonder, cannabis can enable parents to connect more closely with their children. Dr. Marian Fry, in a survey of California clinicians who provide cannabis approvals, reported that cannabis-using parents saw an “enhanced flexibility and an ability to identify the child’s needs as those of a separate and unique individual. . . . Patients say cannabis makes them less self-centered and egocentric…” . Dr. Fry’s comments are echoed in a recent article by a cannabis using mother on Babble.com, a web site for mothers. The article generated 72 comments—mostly from other moms, and overwhelmingly favorable.

This is a very confusing topic:

http://sttm.co/s/2764/30880

ਕਬੀਰ ਭਾਂਗ ਮਾਛੁਲੀ ਸੁਰਾ ਪਾਨਿ ਜੋ ਜੋ ਪ੍ਰਾਨੀ ਖਾਂਹਿ ॥
Kabeer, those mortals who consume marijuana, fish and wine

ਤੀਰਥ ਬਰਤ ਨੇਮ ਕੀਏ ਤੇ ਸਭੈ ਰਸਾਤਲਿ ਜਾਂਹਿ ॥੨੩੩॥
- no matter what pilgrimages, fasts and rituals they follow, they will all go to hell. ||233||

Here's an excerpt from Guru Nanak Chamatkar that (to me) addressed the use of intoxicants for spiritual purposes.

image.png.cd8a13964e46abcae7534b55e9a69e9a.pngimage.png.06c5e989b0d937b38cee5175b9c50b01.png

I once read a book (forgot which one) that said that bhang helps with keeping away hunger which is why it may have been used in war, along with treating injuries. Then over time it became common to use in small amounts and by Britisher times, it was used in excess.

Personally I wouldn't want to use bhang to help my Simran.

ਤਿਲੰਗ ਮਹਲਾ ੧ ਘਰੁ ੨
Tilang, First Mehla, Second House:

ੴ ਸਤਿਗੁਰ ਪ੍ਰਸਾਦਿ ॥
One Universal Creator God. By The Grace Of The True Guru:

ਭਉ ਤੇਰਾ ਭਾਂਗ ਖਲੜੀ ਮੇਰਾ ਚੀਤੁ ॥
The Fear of You, O Lord God, is my marijuana; my consciousness is the pouch which holds it.

ਮੈ ਦੇਵਾਨਾ ਭਇਆ ਅਤੀਤੁ ॥
I have become an intoxicated hermit.

ਕਰ ਕਾਸਾ ਦਰਸਨ ਕੀ ਭੂਖ ॥
My hands are my begging bowl; I am so hungry for the Blessed Vision of Your Darshan.

ਮੈ ਦਰਿ ਮਾਗਉ ਨੀਤਾ ਨੀਤ ॥੧॥
I beg at Your Door, day after day. ||1||

ਤਉ ਦਰਸਨ ਕੀ ਕਰਉ ਸਮਾਇ ॥
I long for the Blessed Vision of Your Darshan.

ਮੈ ਦਰਿ ਮਾਗਤੁ ਭੀਖਿਆ ਪਾਇ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥
I am a beggar at Your Door - please bless me with Your charity. ||1||Pause||

ਕੇਸਰਿ ਕੁਸਮ ਮਿਰਗਮੈ ਹਰਣਾ ਸਰਬ ਸਰੀਰੀ ਚੜੑਣਾ ॥
Saffron, flowers, musk oil and gold embellish the bodies of all.

ਚੰਦਨ ਭਗਤਾ ਜੋਤਿ ਇਨੇਹੀ ਸਰਬੇ ਪਰਮਲੁ ਕਰਣਾ ॥੨॥
The Lord's devotees are like sandalwood, which imparts its fragrance to everyone. ||2||

ਘਿਅ ਪਟ ਭਾਂਡਾ ਕਹੈ ਨ ਕੋਇ ॥
No one says that ghee or silk are polluted.

ਐਸਾ ਭਗਤੁ ਵਰਨ ਮਹਿ ਹੋਇ ॥
Such is the Lord's devotee, no matter what his social status is.

ਤੇਰੈ ਨਾਮਿ ਨਿਵੇ ਰਹੇ ਲਿਵ ਲਾਇ ॥
Those who bow in reverence to the Naam, the Name of the Lord, remain absorbed in Your Love.

ਨਾਨਕ ਤਿਨ ਦਰਿ ਭੀਖਿਆ ਪਾਇ ॥੩॥੧॥੨॥
Nanak begs for charity at their door. ||3||1||2||

So that's what my opinion is right now, feel free to change it or educate me as I don't know much about bhang ?

Bhul Chuk Maaf ?

16 minutes ago, intrigued said:

This is a very confusing topic:

ਕਬੀਰ ਭਾਂਗ ਮਾਛੁਲੀ ਸੁਰਾ ਪਾਨਿ ਜੋ ਜੋ ਪ੍ਰਾਨੀ ਖਾਂਹਿ ॥
Kabeer, those mortals who consume marijuana, fish and wine

ਤੀਰਥ ਬਰਤ ਨੇਮ ਕੀਏ ਤੇ ਸਭੈ ਰਸਾਤਲਿ ਜਾਂਹਿ ॥੨੩੩॥
- no matter what pilgrimages, fasts and rituals they follow, they will all go to hell. ||233||

Here's an excerpt from Guru Nanak Chamatkar that (to me) addressed the use of intoxicants for spiritual purposes.

image.png.cd8a13964e46abcae7534b55e9a69e9a.pngimage.png.06c5e989b0d937b38cee5175b9c50b01.png

I once read a book (forgot which one) that said that bhang helps with keeping away hunger which is why it may have been used in war, along with treating injuries. Then over time it became common to use in small amounts and by Britisher times, it was used in excess.

Personally I wouldn't want to use bhang to help my Simran.

ਤਿਲੰਗ ਮਹਲਾ ੧ ਘਰੁ ੨
Tilang, First Mehla, Second House:

ੴ ਸਤਿਗੁਰ ਪ੍ਰਸਾਦਿ ॥
One Universal Creator God. By The Grace Of The True Guru:

ਭਉ ਤੇਰਾ ਭਾਂਗ ਖਲੜੀ ਮੇਰਾ ਚੀਤੁ ॥
The Fear of You, O Lord God, is my marijuana; my consciousness is the pouch which holds it.

ਮੈ ਦੇਵਾਨਾ ਭਇਆ ਅਤੀਤੁ ॥
I have become an intoxicated hermit.

ਕਰ ਕਾਸਾ ਦਰਸਨ ਕੀ ਭੂਖ ॥
My hands are my begging bowl; I am so hungry for the Blessed Vision of Your Darshan.

ਮੈ ਦਰਿ ਮਾਗਉ ਨੀਤਾ ਨੀਤ ॥੧॥
I beg at Your Door, day after day. ||1||

ਤਉ ਦਰਸਨ ਕੀ ਕਰਉ ਸਮਾਇ ॥
I long for the Blessed Vision of Your Darshan.

ਮੈ ਦਰਿ ਮਾਗਤੁ ਭੀਖਿਆ ਪਾਇ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥
I am a beggar at Your Door - please bless me with Your charity. ||1||Pause||

ਕੇਸਰਿ ਕੁਸਮ ਮਿਰਗਮੈ ਹਰਣਾ ਸਰਬ ਸਰੀਰੀ ਚੜੑਣਾ ॥
Saffron, flowers, musk oil and gold embellish the bodies of all.

ਚੰਦਨ ਭਗਤਾ ਜੋਤਿ ਇਨੇਹੀ ਸਰਬੇ ਪਰਮਲੁ ਕਰਣਾ ॥੨॥
The Lord's devotees are like sandalwood, which imparts its fragrance to everyone. ||2||

ਘਿਅ ਪਟ ਭਾਂਡਾ ਕਹੈ ਨ ਕੋਇ ॥
No one says that ghee or silk are polluted.

ਐਸਾ ਭਗਤੁ ਵਰਨ ਮਹਿ ਹੋਇ ॥
Such is the Lord's devotee, no matter what his social status is.

ਤੇਰੈ ਨਾਮਿ ਨਿਵੇ ਰਹੇ ਲਿਵ ਲਾਇ ॥
Those who bow in reverence to the Naam, the Name of the Lord, remain absorbed in Your Love.

ਨਾਨਕ ਤਿਨ ਦਰਿ ਭੀਖਿਆ ਪਾਇ ॥੩॥੧॥੨॥
Nanak begs for charity at their door. ||3||1||2||

So that's what my opinion is right now, feel free to change it or educate me as I don't know much about bhang ?

Bhul Chuk Maaf ?

The marijuana fish wine consumer is referencing a specific tradition of person.

Not anyone who properly uses Sukha. 

The second references no longer needing it. 

Nothing in Gurbani is against Sukha. It's ground into the floors of Gurudwaras and the Gurus had Degh Sevadars. Anyone with a problem with Sukha have white folks in their brains. Which is why they're alcoholics usually.