Jump to content

Recommended Posts

8 minutes ago, TigerForce1 said:

I agree you could kill 2 birds with one ‘stoner’.  Your word not mine but I think it was a typo or perhaps it was divine intervention lol.  No I’m just messing.  

I agree that medical use of Cannabis could have some positive uses but it’s the recreational and ritual use that I am against.  
 

Regarding pharma and side affects, you could probably find the same list of risk on the small print of ‘Paracetamol’, but I’m sure that this doesn’t pose a problem with the vast majority of people who have used it.  I agree with use holistic natural remedies over the use of medicine produced in labs but one thing that should cross ones mind when taking medicine is that ‘what ailments am I trying to cure?’.  I think the path of pushing Cannabis is blurry as you have stoners who just want to get high or people who genuinely want to make use of it's medicinal benefits.  I am not sure that the young Singhs that are pulled towards Shaheedi Deg are doing it for the right reasons.  I’m particularly talking about western Nihung Singhs who I feel are more style over substance.  

Yes it was an intentional joke. 

There's a substance abuse problem present but it isn't Sukha. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Cannabis comes in 2 forms: hemp and marijuana  Both these forms r a gift of God. Shaheedi degh is the best medicine in the world.

hemp doesn't get u high and is a wonder plant that can give u food, clothing and house. marijuana gets u high and can cure any disease known to man including cancer. shaheedi degh is made us

Could you elaborate what bimaari is that you are trying to medicate?  Also can you reference where it is written that hemp and marijuana are a ‘gift from god’. I’d also like to ask if the benefit

Posted Images

15 minutes ago, TigerForce1 said:

I agree you could kill 2 birds with one ‘stoner’.  Your word not mine but I think it was a typo or perhaps it was divine intervention lol.  No I’m just messing.  

I agree that medical use of Cannabis could have some positive uses but it’s the recreational and ritual use that I am against.  
 

Regarding pharma and side affects, you could probably find the same list of risk on the small print of ‘Paracetamol’, but I’m sure that this doesn’t pose a problem with the vast majority of people who have used it.  I agree with use holistic natural remedies over the use of medicine produced in labs but one thing that should cross ones mind when taking medicine is that ‘what ailments am I trying to cure?’.  I think the path of pushing Cannabis is blurry as you have stoners who just want to get high or people who genuinely want to make use of it's medicinal benefits.  I am not sure that the young Singhs that are pulled towards Shaheedi Deg are doing it for the right reasons.  I’m particularly talking about western Nihung Singhs who I feel are more style over substance.  

I suggest you consider that your aversion to somebody else feeling good outweighs your concern for their life. You'd rather they eat poison and not feel good, so strong is the sin of feeling good that has been planted in your brain bro. Must accept pharma. Pharma good. Herb bad. Must police other people feeling good.

Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, GurjantGnostic said:

I suggest you consider that your aversion to somebody else feeling good outweighs your concern for their life. You'd rather they eat poison and not feel good, so strong is the sin of feeling good that has been planted in your brain bro. Must accept pharma. Pharma good. Herb bad. Must police other people feeling good.

It was all going well until you narrowed it down to just about ‘feeling good’.  I think all I can say to finish my participation in this is Nashe are bad whether it’s ‘herbal or pharma’.  Nothing good comes out of temporary highs and dependency.  Searching  for loopholes that make someone feel justified in their actions for making themselves feel good is equally bad.  If someone really wants to feel good then be a man do it off your own back use whatever is available to you.  Stop discrediting Nihung Singhs and don’t narrow down the use of Shaheedi Degh to an aid for just feeling good.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, TigerForce1 said:

It was all going well until you narrowed it down to just about ‘feeling good’.  I think all I can say to finish my participation in this is Nashe are bad whether it’s ‘herbal or pharma’.  Nothing good comes out of temporary highs and dependency.  Searching  for loopholes that make someone feel justified in their actions for making themselves feel good is equally bad.  If someone really wants to feel good then be a man do it off your own back use whatever is available to you.  Stop discrediting Nihung Singhs and don’t narrow down the use of Shaheedi Degh to an aid for just feeling good.  

I didn't, my point is that's ultimately your hang up. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

This is quite an amusing topic. If you go to the pind areas in Punjab cannabis is evrerywhere (you can literally smell it in the air). It literally grows like a 'weed' everywhere. I asked many cousins etc why they drink and do the other drugs like pills which they have to pay for, and they couldn't answer me, when free were is everywhere. Imagine if weed grew everywhere in the UK...booze sales would collapse. Imagine if there was a plant everywhere that produced whisky bottles or pills the locals in Panjab would be all over it. It's a mystery but kind of confirms my belief that the stupidity of people knows no limits 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, imhosingh said:

This is quite an amusing topic. If you go to the pind areas in Punjab cannabis is evrerywhere (you can literally smell it in the air). It literally grows like a 'weed' everywhere. I asked many cousins etc why they drink and do the other drugs like pills which they have to pay for, and they couldn't answer me, when free were is everywhere. Imagine if weed grew everywhere in the UK...booze sales would collapse. Imagine if there was a plant everywhere that produced whisky bottles or pills the locals in Panjab would be all over it. It's a mystery but kind of confirms my belief that the stupidity of people knows no limits 

I think that's the case because marijuana has been in India for thousands of years. Shiva used to drink som which is basically bhang I think. Bhang has been a part of holi, dusshera, diwali, vaisakhi celebrations in the subcontinent for 1000s of years. So for your average Indian it's nothing new, it's just there .... 

On the other hand pills and other things are quite new. It's like how tamakoo didn't exist in Pubjab but then the Biharis introduced it and now every guy chews on tamakoo. A lot of the destructive drugs are new, so people can't get enough of them.

Alcohol is addictive. Your average Punjabi is addicted without knowing they are addicted. Alcohol fulfills an addiction which weed won't fulfill. 

It's strange but people who are addicted, they want stuff which is destructive ...  weed won't do.

I'm not encouraging using marijuana, lol, but just my guess on why people prefer alcohol and other things instead. 

Marijuana in the subcontinent is  nothing new, culturally they've been there and done that, 1000s of years before other parts of the world was introduced to it. 

My cousin apparently used to inject himself with animal tranquilizers or something like that. Whatever he was taking he basically resembled a corpse. You could actually see the outline of his skull and hip bone. 

When people are hooked on these kinds of drugs or addicted to alcohol, then weed ain't gnna do much I think. It won't fulfill that craving. 

Also the cheap alcohol in Punjab, like the 100 rupees one, that isnt even alcohol. Whatever it is, it's got everyone addicted. 

I think it's a complex issue. But yeah marijuana would be a lot better for these people compared to alcohol and other crap they are taking. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Punjabi people don't know how to restrain. If you "re introduce" marijuana, they won't know when to stop. 

For addicts it would be a perfect alternative. But for your average person, I really don't see the need to use marijuana! ? Like why would you? 

For medical reasons it's fine. Apparently it helps people with epilepsy. 

But to kind just randomly come home from work and just start smoking weed is a bit random for a Sikh to do in today's day and age, tbh. 

Sikhs in the past used it because they were warriors, many living like nomads, in medieval India. The lifestyle of 21st century Sikhs in completely different to lifestyle of Sikhs in the 18th century.

I personally don't trust myself! lol  

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, GurjantGnostic said:

I didn't, my point is that's ultimately your hang up. 

It’s not my hang up!  Remember I did not upload this post.  I am just expressing my views which may or may not be right.  The person that posted this post is obviously toying with the idea of using Cannabis and is looking for justification from random research which is probably carried out by a stoner.  Believe me I have met many stoners that surround themselves with other stoners and go down the path of ‘confirmation bias’ and convince themselves of what they are doing is righteous.  Somewhere down the line Dharam is being dragged into justifying the use.  If this was so mainstream and and had no controversy attached to it, there wouldn’t even be a need justify or convince others to embrace the use.  Again as someone said earlier ‘each to their own’.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd 

9 hours ago, puzzled said:

I think that's the case because marijuana has been in India for thousands of years. Shiva used to drink som which is basically bhang I think. Bhang has been a part of holi, dusshera, diwali, vaisakhi celebrations in the subcontinent for 1000s of years. So for your average Indian it's nothing new, it's just there .... 

On the other hand pills and other things are quite new. It's like how tamakoo didn't exist in Pubjab but then the Biharis introduced it and now every guy chews on tamakoo. A lot of the destructive drugs are new, so people can't get enough of them.

Alcohol is addictive. Your average Punjabi is addicted without knowing they are addicted. Alcohol fulfills an addiction which weed won't fulfill. 

It's strange but people who are addicted, they want stuff which is destructive ...  weed won't do.

I'm not encouraging using marijuana, lol, but just my guess on why people prefer alcohol and other things instead. 

Marijuana in the subcontinent is  nothing new, culturally they've been there and done that, 1000s of years before other parts of the world was introduced to it. 

My cousin apparently used to inject himself with animal tranquilizers or something like that. Whatever he was taking he basically resembled a corpse. You could actually see the outline of his skull and hip bone. 

When people are hooked on these kinds of drugs or addicted to alcohol, then weed ain't gnna do much I think. It won't fulfill that craving. 

Also the cheap alcohol in Punjab, like the 100 rupees one, that isnt even alcohol. Whatever it is, it's got everyone addicted. 

I think it's a complex issue. But yeah marijuana would be a lot better for these people compared to alcohol and other crap they are taking. 

Agreed, the weed in Punjab is pretty much organic (grows where farmers etc don't apply their Chems)..it's a literal 'weed' that is indigenous to the area for 1000s of years unlike the commercial (illegal or legal) weed we get in the west that is 'farmed' just like any other cash crop 

Link to post
Share on other sites

The stigma of Cannabis comes from the hippie era during the 60's and 70's. It gave a very liberal, careless thinking about cannabis. 

But if you look at other cultures such as ours, we were more conservative when it came to cannabis. We consumed it in a liquid form-just like the majority of Asian countries. We used it for wounds and cuts during battles, for chronic pain, joint pain and even digestion (the CBD found in cannabis helped with this). However, the THC content is what one should be weary of since it can alter the mind. When it's necessary, moderation is the key. 

It recently became fully legalized here in Canada in 2018. There will be extensive research that will go into this plant in the near future. Interesting stuff.  

Lot's history associated with this plant. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of Use