First Sikh school hopes to create future leaders

The NSW government has approved construction of the southern hemisphere’s first Sikh school in north-west Sydney, which community leaders hope will nurture future Indian-Australian judges, politicians and sports stars.

Sikh Grammar School in Rouse Hill will welcome students of all backgrounds and denominations, but expects to attract mostly children with an Indian heritage, said Kanwar Jeet, one of the volunteers behind the project.

Full story available at

https://www.smh.com.au/national/nsw/first-sikh-school-hopes-to-create-future-leaders-20210302-p5774u.html

This sounds amazing, but I am not seeing too much yet about curriculum or what and how they are actually going to teach. It's probably too early but would be interesting to see. I think the main deciding factor about big projects like these being effective for our community's growth is the people and leadership behind the project. If the leaders and teachers are deep in sikhi, then naturally the students will be more drawn towards sikhi itself and the values will carry on. Hopefully it is not the case where the admins are in it for the money and status and could care less about the values and so the kids end up only somewhat better or worse as they would've if they went to public school. We need more projects like these working well for the community as it gives hope to change our current systems.

10 hours ago, GuestSingh12345 said:

This sounds amazing, but I am not seeing too much yet about curriculum or what and how they are actually going to teach. It's probably too early but would be interesting to see. I think the main deciding factor about big projects like these being effective for our community's growth is the people and leadership behind the project. If the leaders and teachers are deep in sikhi, then naturally the students will be more drawn towards sikhi itself and the values will carry on. Hopefully it is not the case where the admins are in it for the money and status and could care less about the values and so the kids end up only somewhat better or worse as they would've if they went to public school. We need more projects like these working well for the community as it gives hope to change our current systems.

ਬੁਰਾ ਭਲਾ ਕਹੁ ਕਿਸਨੋ ਕਹੀਐ ਸਗਲੇ ਜੀਅ ਤੁਮਾਰੇ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥

Tell me, who should I call good or bad, since all beings are Yours? ||1||Pause||

Ultimate Doer is "Kartapurakh"