How Sikhs are living the great Indian trucking dream in the U.S

Premi5

1 minute ago, Suchi said:

That's not strictly true.  I'm aware of a few people that are highly qualified but have ended up in construction, taxi business, retail and these are people with Master's degrees in Engineering from the Punjab.  Relatives from the Punjab paid to do Masters degrees in IT in Canada and secured good jobs but now are in 'Real Estate'.  Others moved based on the promise of 'points' they had, but were then forced into factories on arrival, despite having UK Degrees.  That is the experience of most immigrants from most of India.  Only those being sponsored within India via their Company  have maintained their status/job after arriving in the USA/Canada/UK. These are mostly South Indians who put career over everything else, including family. 

It might not be invariably true, but the vast majority of the migrants from Panjab are of the type I'm describing - not the type you are. I'm aware that there are exceptions I have some in my family from back home - but those guys are genuine geniuses. Hence big firms are willing to pay for all their accommodation and fees. 

16 hours ago, Premi5 said:

No, you are not completely right.

status is just as important to Indians, hence so many are pushed into doing professions like Medicine, dentistry and law

but the main reason for emigrating is financial, hence Punjabis go to whichever country they can , including middle of nowhere in Europe, North Africa and south  America 

I understand that for many Punjabis now, it’s about their kids’ Future.

i know of well connected and wealthy families who have no reason to leave Punjab who are going to Canada or Australia because they think their children will have better educational and career opportunities there. The quota thing in favour of ‘low’ castes has pushed them to an extent as well as being aware that Western countries are more meritocratic.

my understanding is that Uk is very much seen as a last resort these days compared to Canada, Aus and maybe NZ. USA would be first choice but it’s a lot more difficult . coming to Uk might be a first choice for those who have relatives there, but it’s understood that the golden days here are gone. There’s also better awareness that the other countries are bigger and can offer better quality of life 

Basically, gal nu ghuma firake revolves back around to money... WE ALL LOVE MONEY! High jobs = high cash meaning more prestige. 

9 minutes ago, Singh1989 said:

Basically, gal nu ghuma firake revolves back around to money... WE ALL LOVE MONEY! High jobs = high cash meaning more prestige. 

Not exactly.

most people would still prefer better status/prestige even if it means less pay than an income/job with little prestige 

6 hours ago, Suchi said:

Those people for the past 1000 years are the invaders (Chrislamists) and their minions including those Indians that allowed themselves to be used and exploited by them for whatever reason.  

And hordes of our people (Panjabis) were complicit as hell in the past - how many turned into sullay! How many jumped on the Christian protestant bangwagon after being colonised, and actually militarily helped the global anglo-supremacist system - to the extent that they let these outsiders define some made up version of the dharam called Sikhism. How many apnay to this day would sell their own Sikh brothers and sisters out for a small pay packet! What did the 'Sikh' dominated Punjab Police get up to in the 80s and early 90s against their own brothers and sisters?

If we don't shake off this victim mentality and start holding our own community accountable to our own - then we have no future, and are basically petty, backstabbing mental slaves.   

13 hours ago, Suchi said:

Not really.  People feel that Western countries are less corrupt, have better facilities and are more organised.  You don't have to bribe every official to get your telephone/gas/electricity switched on.  Furthermore, those who are not reserved candidates find that they miss out on educational and other opportunities and then are forced to look abroad to fulfill their career ambitions, resulting in a Brain Drain.  But all this is undergoing a huge change due to 'Covid19' and things are moving swiftly due to development within India.  Once these reservations are removed, India will provide more equal access to jobs/education based on merit. 

What do you mean 'covid19' will somehow result in more equal access?

4 hours ago, GurjantGnostic said:

What do you mean 'covid19' will somehow result in more equal access?

I ask because of this. 

I've recently had it...intimated to me by someone I know.. that if I want to survive, but live a harsher but more "equal" life that I may want to consider being ready and willing to swear that God does not exist. As basically belief in Vaheguru Akal Purakh in any iteration will be considered a mental illness punishable by immediate genocide by...and get this...

Being sawn in half...from top down..

Now where have we seen that before?

In this new world only satanists and their atheist cattle will survive. 

And that "Covid 19" and many things for a long time, and many things lately are coming to bear?

This world is a trip bro. Never thought I'd have that conversation, especially with someome who I think actually considers me a friend and was doing it for my good lol. 

In fact I have something to do with a Shastar that that person gave me right now. 

2 hours ago, Suchi said:

It is an Agenda designed to bring in an economic system where the owner of all resources/humans will be centralised using an AI computer system.  Hence the talk of passports/permissions needed for everything.  We cannot give up our inherent freedoms for material gains, so we must be aware of this and learn strategies to subvert this agenda.

I think you could be right, but what are your sources ?

3 hours ago, Suchi said:

Energies that are from the heart (Truth) are scalar beams (God's light) and travel at 1.5 times the speed of light, which can't be picked up by AI so we should try and generate this as much as possible.  I have personally had an experience of God's light which gave me an experience of bliss which I am trying to re-engineer.  This is all scientific knowledge that our Gurus have given us.  

Thats the third time and third source in two days that's suggested exactly this to me. 

4 hours ago, Suchi said:

Energies that are from the heart (Truth) are scalar beams (God's light) and travel at 1.5 times the speed of light, which can't be picked up by AI so we should try and generate this as much as possible.  I have personally had an experience of God's light which gave me an experience of bliss which I am trying to re-engineer.  This is all scientific knowledge that our Gurus have given us.  

I hope you try and extend your God-given 'truth sensor' to the truth of ugly oppression amongst our own along caste lines in the pends of Panjab - one day. 

Otherwise you just seem like another 'see/hear/speak no evil - and we can make it disappear' type.