White (and other non South Asian) Sikhs

Premi5

• 5 months later...
On 3/7/2021 at 11:54 AM, Niara said:

In the 2011 UK census around 20,000 White Brits put their religion down as Sikh.

Might be coconuts? Brits are 99% anti-dharmic. They'll convert to islam in droves the panchoday, but Sikhi, hardly ever. I think a part of it (at least) is because of the lingering image of Singhs being their colonial subordinate, docile sepoys. 

I've actually spoken to some gora military types way back. Even then (way before 9/11) they had much more respect for the fierce independence of pathaans over Singhs, who they saw as easily tameable.   That's what happens when your ancestors act like chaploose fudhus.  

• 2 months later...
On 8/26/2021 at 10:08 PM, dallysingh101 said:

Might be coconuts? Brits are 99% anti-dharmic. They'll convert to islam in droves the panchoday, but Sikhi, hardly ever. I think a part of it (at least) is because of the lingering image of Singhs being their colonial subordinate, docile sepoys. 

I've actually spoken to some gora military types way back. Even then (way before 9/11) they had much more respect for the fierce independence of pathaans over Singhs, who they saw as easily tameable.   That's what happens when your ancestors act like chaploose fudhus.  

Doing some brief research, there's around 44 million Pashtuns in Pakistan. That doesn't seem very independent to me (I might be wrong). And around 50 million in Afghanistan. That's enough to be a separate country. They don't have much power in Pakistan compared with Panjabis and Mohajirs