divorce and guilt!

Guest feeling-very-sad

Guest feeling-very-sad

I am a 38 year old amritdhari male.

My life was going fine but few years back I suffered from psychotic depression and started taking anti psychotic medicine daily which made me lazy and started sleeping 9 hours a day and couldn't get up at amritvela.

Than I got married and didn't tell my wife about my illness and medicine.

Finally she got to know about my mental illness and told me that I cheated her. Some time back, we got divorced.

At present I feel sad and guilty that I shud hv told her about my illness.

I feel like I will be punished by God and hv to come again in reincarnation.

I'd suggest: you own your own mistake - which you seem to be doing. 

Start fixing yourself up and slowly getting off the 'Jack and Jills' (medication pills) if possible. 

If you didn't have kids, be thankful. Once you're in a better place, you can maybe look for someone new - don't make the same mistake again, and be honest (gradually - don't start talking about your mental health issues on the first few meetings!)

Guest Truth

First of all I’m sorry to hear about your mental health, after a lot of research it shows that many mental illnesses are rooted from childhood traumas which haven’t been attended to. 

This happened to me many many years ago. My ex hid his mental health from me and in matter of fact his parents tried to push the blame on me so that they could ‘justify it’ in the eyes of relatives and my ex wasn’t willing to change a single thing for our relationship. I  21 and from India so I was naive and put up with everything, not speaking up in fear. That was the worst mistake I made as there was no boundaries and neither did my ex realise/accept what he was doing wrong. One day they just threw me out like a piece of scrap meat.... today I’m happily married with twins and although my husband has shown me some tough times, neither of us  have given up ... today our love stands strong and we have another baby on the way.

for you I suggest that you take responsibility for yourself. You’re parents are going to get old one day, your siblings/cousins will soon all be married. Think carefully what do you want in the future? Divorcing and getting rid of someone by blaming them for your problems is easy. At the end of the day, your own internal problems will still be there until you step up and do something active to change it. 

Guest feeling-very-sad
12 hours ago, MisterrSingh said:

How do Punjabis manage to make themselves the victims of a situation while simultaneously kicking the actual victim to the curb? Absolute scum.

I did not understand what u meant.

plz explain.

Guest guest

its fine to feel bad, it shows your heart is pure.  but punishing yourself is a sin.  God has given you a life to live- instead of thinking you will be punished by God, think that you from here on you will be helped by God.  forgot about punishments etc let God take care of that.

if you are still in contact with her and she isn't remarried, you can write her a letter of apology saying you know it was wrong now.  however if she is married don't do it as it would be inappropriate.  just draw a line over the past and start fresh.  

dont worry too much.  as time goes on she will come to understand and forgive you.