divorce and guilt!

Guest feeling-very-sad

7 hours ago, intrigued said:

I think he is referring to your wife saying you cheated her because you didn't tell her about your mental health (making herself the victim) and divorcing you (kicking you (the victim) to the curb)

I think that's bollox. If someone started a relationship with me based on hiding the truth - I'd subsequently suspect their agenda. 

If YOU had a daughter this happened to, you'd be in your rights to start head kicking over it.  

5 hours ago, dallysingh101 said:

I think that's bollox. If someone started a relationship with me based on hiding the truth - I'd subsequently suspect their agenda. 

If YOU had a daughter this happened to, you'd be in your rights to start head kicking over it.  

I hear you bro. 

At the same time, you know what we don't know? What secrets she brought to the table. 

It has to be awkward marrying someone you haven't known long. I mean I'd probably lead with my ugly traits too and see how they land, but I get why Veer Ji didn't lead with that himself. 

Regardless of opening up later, I think it proper he be supported. Anand Karaj is like easy on easy off? Or it's committed?

2 hours ago, Suchi said:

No-one can really know what is going on in a relationship without knowing both sides of the story and the part played by the families. In the old days many men lied to secure a good partner in the knowledge the girl would just have to put up with it as she had no support for the dreaded D word or a way to find someone new. These days that is not the case.

Marriage isn't a licence to a free pass for all manner of indiscretions. It's a two way commitment based on shared values.  When one party breaches these, the other has to decide on what they are able to deal with and accept. 

I don't think Veer Ji used any passes for all manners of indiscretion did he? Can you list them?

16 minutes ago, Suchi said:

Parents are also the victims of circumstances. Who knows the impact of partition when people lost everything including property, life and limb to end up destitute in their own countries. I doubt counselling could have helped come to terms with their life long traumas.  Many are even unable to speak of the atrocities they experienced.  Worse we are realising that all of this was totally orchestrated for easy control of land and wealth without a care for the deaths and suffering caused. 

Partition happened 74 years ago.

Anyone that has memories of that era is probably over 80.

This threads been good. It's made me re-evaluate my thinking. 

I think with conservative families the pressure to present this idyllic image is just majorly over-powering. Any people from this background who've had these types of issues in their past would likely seriously struggle to get married in the arranged marriage system. 

No wonder they hide it.

It happens the other way round too. I know a few amritdhari virgin blokes who got married to girls from 'respectable' families, who've found out all manner of shyte about their brides afterwards.