Why do so many Canadian Sikhs try to speak with "blaccents"?

On 3/9/2021 at 11:57 AM, californiasardar1 said:

I have noticed that many (maybe even a majority) of Canadian Sikhs try to speak the way American Blacks are stereotyped to speak. This is also true for many "famous" Canadian Sikhs (think of "superwoman" and other various youtube "stars") .

Why do they do this? American Sikhs know how ridiculous and absurd it would look for them to go around talking in such a way. I don't understand why Canadians do this.

Maybe because Canada doesn't have any real "hoods," they think attempting to sound like you are from the "hood" is cool, and they know nobody will call them out on it?

Maybe Canadians are in general so used to not having their own identity and living vicariously through others that they think it's natural to shamelessly imitate other people?

Maybe most Canadians are just corny?

canada does have hoods lmao and even cities with no hoods have ppl who will kill u for nothing bro. i know ppl involved in these things and not all are rich daddys boys like u hear from brampton u shouldnt make assumptions without knowing full picture 

On 3/10/2021 at 6:28 AM, TigerForce1 said:

Maybe because Jats are the only remaining group who are still actively alpha amongst the Sikh community.  We could also ask why are Jats the only group to aggressively take on Delhi in the protests.  You can’t knock a group of people who still possess the hot blood needed to take risks.    

its not really a Jatt thing either alot of other groups r involved obvi jatt  saini ramgharia tarkhan rajput/mahton in this lifestyle but ive never seen bedi and i never met mazabhi in canada yet  but jatts r majority of population in canada so u hear more but the community has also been one of the pioneers in canada and for giving us great reputation aswell  

On 3/10/2021 at 11:56 AM, GurjantGnostic said:

You mean theres some of you in their area?

bro blacks and browns can get along but we dont mix mix u cant have kaley taking over ur area u gotta have order or bc will turn like toronto n we never lettin tht happen punjabis will control these places forever

5 hours ago, justasking said:

this is how they talk they dont sound black at all 

***content warning very bad video man disrespecting dastar and image of sikhi please watch at own risk its just to show small subset of punjabi culture is in canada from different coasts

Yes very classy.

But look at hand gestures and body language,  they are mimicking Black Ghetto culture. 

There is a school of thought that says a lot of street hood culture with all the mannerisms that are associated with Black American culture do not originate from black people.

Most of it came from the South and came from White Redneck/White trash culture. 

Since most Black Americans starting point was from the South and then moving north and west.

So the blacks were influenced by the whites. 

So if this correct, this suggests that this stuff that is being mimicked is Southern White Redneck culture. 

Tattoos of Khandas and other Sikh related things is just wrong. I've got a cousin in Canada who has a tattoo of a historical Sikh figure on his arm, its just wrong. 

But how are you supposed to stop people? 

They don't practice Sikhi so it comes down to getting Sikh tattoos or wearing Sikh t-shirts. That is what it narrows down to for them. 

SGPC said they're going ban actors from wearing paghs and imitating Singhs, but has that actually happened? Nothing is ever put into action.

Moneh in general should be banned from wearing paghs and carrying kirpans at anand karaj, that is just beadbi of dastar and kirpan. 

Don't get me wrong I'm not knocking them down.

If a Gurdwara or Sikhs were to be attacked, these lot would probably be one of the first ones there to defend and fight!  Despite their lifestyle, their connection to Sikhi/Sikh is still there, and admirable, but obviously are very misguided. 

Remember when the riots were happening in the UK years ago? Started of as Black protests and then ended up being people breaking into shops and looting. They tried coming into Southall but were driven away. Rumours spread that they were coming to our town as well, and many guys sat outside the gurdwara all night, many of then being those type of moneh, including my cousin! Who gets up to "no good" 

If I had to pick between those moneh or the interfaith promoting and LGBT promoting "City Sikhs", without question I would pick them moneh! 

If a Gurdwara was under attack, the first one to call for an uber would be the city Sikhs and the rest of us pendus would be left behind wondering what's going on.

"Hot young blood" is a great addition to any community, but it needs guidance and direction, otherwise they start directing it towards wrong things, which is what is happening. 

What is parchar like in Canada? Are there many young Canadian born parchariks or are they all uncles from India?