Why do so many Canadian Sikhs try to speak with "blaccents"?

3 hours ago, TigerForce1 said:

Don’t say that bro you’re gonna hurt feelings of a certain ‘DollySingh’.  He still a hasn’t got over when his tribe got told leave by a few Kaleh armed with only sticks and stones from ‘Wakanda’.  Such a shame, because all he has now is just memories and his ‘stripy fifty’ to remind him of the wildlife.  Chal koi gal nein he can have his own referendum and claim his homeland. 

It was quite bad apparently. I knew a lady who said Black men broke into their house in Kenya, took the nalas out of her salwars and lenghas and tied her hands up with the nalas and all her families hands and robbed the entire house! The Black slaves they kept were also tied up with the nalas. She said it was the local Blacks who were anti-Indian and the policemen who did the robberies!  She said every night atleast one house was broken into like that in her area. The same happened to the Gujjus.

I tried keeping a straight face when she said all the nalas were taken out of her salwars and lenghas to tie their hands up!   I hope I did! 

I'd imagine these experiences were quite traumatic! 

I really feel we need more younger parchariks, in their 20s and 30s, doing parchar in English, not fancy English, but do parchaar in a way which so that young people can engage and connect. 

Pot-bellied gyanis from India aren't exactly drawing crowds into the gurdware now are they! They're Ok for the uncles/aunties, but not for younger people. 

To bring younger people in you need younger people doing the parchar. 

5 hours ago, puzzled said:

Don't get me wrong I'm not knocking them down.

If a Gurdwara or Sikhs were to be attacked, these lot would probably be one of the first ones there to defend and fight!  Despite their lifestyle, their connection to Sikhi/Sikh is still there, and admirable, but obviously are very misguided. 

Remember when the riots were happening in the UK years ago? Started of as Black protests and then ended up being people breaking into shops and looting. They tried coming into Southall but were driven away. Rumours spread that they were coming to our town as well, and many guys sat outside the gurdwara all night, many of then being those type of moneh, including my cousin! Who gets up to "no good" 

If I had to pick between those moneh or the interfaith promoting and LGBT promoting "City Sikhs", without question I would pick them moneh! 

If a Gurdwara was under attack, the first one to call for an uber would be the city Sikhs and the rest of us pendus would be left behind wondering what's going on.

"Hot young blood" is a great addition to any community, but it needs guidance and direction, otherwise they start directing it towards wrong things, which is what is happening. 

What is parchar like in Canada? Are there many young Canadian born parchariks or are they all uncles from India?

There's a balance and give-and-take to be arrived at. You're correct when you say that in the real world where people don't function according to exclusive values of saintly perfection and devilish immorality, these "street" types of people are a necessary "evil" especially if a community has to exist alongside another tribe that is hostile. It's all well and good posturing about the behaviours of these admittedly clownish people, BUT when push comes to shove I'm more likely to stand with these types of individuals in a pinch than with a cowardly faction of my own group who are more likely to appease their enemies than take them on head-on. It's a complex situation.

Just now, MisterrSingh said:

There's a balance and give-and-take to be arrived at. You're correct when you say that in the real world where people don't function according to exclusive values of saintly perfection and devilish immorality, these "street" types of people are a necessary "evil" especially if a community has to exist alongside another tribe that is hostile. It's all well and good posturing about the behaviours of these admittedly clownish people, BUT when push comes to shove I'm more likely to stand with these types of individuals in a pinch than with a cowardly faction of my own group who are more likely to appease their enemies than take them on head-on. It's a complex situation.

I agree bro, Its important to create a balance and be realistic about it. These type of moneh get knocked down a lot by "religious" people in our community, and even on this forum as seen above, but its a fact that they will be among the first ones there to fight, and we've seen that in the past.

When the riots happened a few years back, if I remember correctly it was around the time I started getting into Sikhi. While I was at at home watching the riots on tv, my "feral" cousin who probably goes Gurdwara like 1 time every 3 years, was sitting outside the Gurdwara all night with his mate. I sat at home not because I was scared, but I just didn't have that emotional connection with Sikhi even though I was the one that was supposedly "getting into Sikhi "   Now it would be different though, lol

But at the same time we should be honest, the things they do and the lifestyle they live, is wrong, and not in line with Sikhi. 

But its wrong to sideline them.

There is a huge different between coconut moneh and the moneh being discussed above, night and day. Its important to know this. 

The city Sikh  type folks despite wearing paghs and keeping dharis are just useless, even though they seem to think they are a voice for the rest of the community. Like I said, they would be the first ones to call for an Uber and leave the scene.

It is complex. 

Do you think getting into Sikhi softens some people up? especially the type of moneh being discussed?  or not ?

Just now, TigerForce1 said:

Yeh I did hear it was really bad for them.  I also heard that quite a large proportion of the people that turned on them were the servants that worked for them.  You won’t hear any of the Kenyan crew talk about how they morphed into the ‘brown imperialists’ working for their firangi masters.  They treated their black servants like dirt.  They would go on hunts and have black servants run behind their vehicles for miles whilst they roll played being White Imperialists.  They would also feed them the jooth that was left over from their plates.  Then they came over to the UK with their Peugeot’s and Volvos and would look down on Punjabis and call them pendus and janglis because they worked as labourers and came from farming backgrounds.  In fact they distanced themselves completely from the Punjabi community and set up their own Gurdwaras/Club/Halls/Societies and only followed babeh that toured in Africa.  They are usually portrayed in images that have them sat on leopard skin, maybe because this allows them to claim some ownership on them.  To cut a long story short this community has created more division and pushed cast segregation more than any Punjabi Jatts as DallySingh would have you believe.  They still romanticise that period of time as the good old glory days. 

Yeah, they were shipped off to Africa by the Brits to work in the army and build railway tracks (which they like to deny) and then they started keeping Black slaves, they used call them "boy" which is what slave traders called Black slaves. The oppressed becoming oppressors?  

Yeah their own slaves started rebelling against them, along with the anti-Indian local Blacks, police and government and then they had to migrate for the 2nd time. Africans really should make a movie about this for Black history month, I'd watch it. 

Honestly no one really takes them seriously around here, lol    they're considered coconuts and gora-fyed.  Their youth are weirdos and their gurdware are empty.     

Very strange bunch of people. 

Talking of robberies, so many houses get broken into. South Asian houses get targeted. Most of the thieves around here have been Eastern Europeans. 

We've got cricket bats and hockey sticks in every room and behind every door  lmao!   

3 houses directly opposite our houses have been broken into!  It was the South Asian houses that were broken into not Whites! 

14 hours ago, puzzled said:

The city Sikh  type folks despite wearing paghs and keeping dharis are just useless, even though they seem to think they are a voice for the rest of the community. Like I said, they would be the first ones to call for an Uber and leave the scene.

They’re no different to their forefathers.  They played zero part in the Khalistan movement.  One because Giani Zail Singh was from their caste and the other they have no feelings of belonging to Punjab. They actually hosted Indian Corgress politicians in their Ramgharia Halls in the 1980’s whilst rest of the Sikh diaspora was fighting back.  Their loyalty lies with their caste and Kenya.

City Sikhs are the same, they have created their own segregation based upon caste and economic class.  They will always create divisions, being inclusive doesn’t exist in their vocabulary.

29 minutes ago, TigerForce1 said:

They’re no different to there forefathers.  They played zero part in the Khalistan movement.  One because Giani Zail Singh was from their cast and the other they have no feelings of belonging to Punjab. They actually hosted Indian Corgress politicians in their Ramgharia Halls in the 1980’s whilst rest of the Sikh diaspora was fighting back.  There loyalty lies with their cast and Kenya.

City Sikhs are the same, they have created their own segregation based upon cast and economic class.  They will always create divisions, being inclusive doesn’t exist in their vocabulary.

No, he was Ramgarhia according to Wiki:

He was born in Sandhwan, Faridkot district on 5 May 1916 to Kishan Singh and Mata Hind Kaur, a Ramgarhia couple of a small village, Sandhvan, near Kot Kapura, in the princely state of Faridkot. Kishan Singh was the village carpenter. 

Maybe we should be thinking of how to create more ekta in the panth. Like Jews do not all do the same profession, but they work well as a community utilising different fields. 

The rural and urban Sikhs should try to work together , how that can happen I have no idea, but maybe others here can suggest