My friend is an amritdhari nitnemi Singh.

He got married an year back.

After marriage, he came to know his father in law is a missionary "sikh".

He regularly debates with my friend that Dasam Granth is all fake and there is no need for khande baate da amrit. My friend's wife also supports her father.

My friend is confused and doesn't want to hv a child in such a family.

what shud he do?

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1
  • Confused Copy 1
  • Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

One for his saura and his saala if he has one. One for his wife:

I bet the saura/FIL was quiet before marriage because his wife and daughter made him. I can just imagine it: The MIL "dont start foolish arguments, let the girl be married off first, with your in

Veer try your best to tell him the greatness of Amrit and Amazing Bani of Dasam Granth Sahib ji.If he still doesn't agree then do ardas to Maharaj that you have tried your best and only Vaheguru ji ca

25 minutes ago, shastarSingh said:

My friend is an amritdhari nitnemi Singh.

He got married an year back.

After marriage, he came to know his father in law is a missionary "sikh".

He regularly debates with my friend that Dasam Granth is all fake and there is no need for khande baate da amrit. My friend's wife also supports her father.

My friend is confused and doesn't want to hv a child in such a family.

what shud he do?

Stick to his guns and keep being twice to three times the Singh his father in law is. 

Inform his father that even scholars who debate it's authenticity, debate whether its 99% or 99.99% percent Guru Gobind Singh Ji Maharaja's Bani. And that nobody, as in nobody, that's an expert, says that's its fake. They're debating over 1%. So he can ask his father how he feels about 99% forsaking his Guru. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
3 minutes ago, intrigued said:

Nice episode on the authenticity of Dasam Granth, ur friend could also give also other works proving the authenticity as well.

these missionaries r foolish and arrogant people.

u provide them with as much evidence as u Can, they won't agree.

• Like 2
  • Downvote 1
16 hours ago, GuestSingh12345 said:

how is this stuff not sorted out or found before marriage. Usually you can pick up some vibes from people by meeting them.

had a talk with my friend. He told me that before marriage, his saurra used to remain quiet and talk very less.

Now he speaks bad about Dasam Granth Ji and khande baate da amrit.

He also hates people who eat in sarbloh.

He is extremely hankari and claims that no one has ever defeated him in debate.

• Like 2
  • Confused Copy 1

I've heard and read many of these cases, on this forum too. If you're religious and are getting married into a religious family, then make sure that you investigate and find out which "type" of Sikhi the other family are following. I've heard of many cases where Amridharis get married to people who come from families that follow cults like Radha Somais, and these cults then try to force you into their cult. 

The most recent one I've heard of is my mothers friends nephew, young amridhari guy, had a love marriage with a girl who comes from a radha soami family. A few months into the marriage and he hardly contacts his family now! 

My cousin who was a foji had a lucky escape! He was about to get married to a divorced Punjabi girl from India living in Southampton. And she asked him what our family believe in, and he said we believe in Guru Granth Sahib ji and the jaggas in our pind (I don't believe in that) and she said her family believe in the Bias wala baba/Radha soami, and that he has to start visiting the dera as well if they get married. He was desperate for a passport, lol, and said yes to her!   Luckily they had some disagreements and she decided to ditch him and they never married. He had a lucky escape! 

It really opened my eye to how these dera/cult members work. 

Be aware of who marry, or date ... 

• Like 1

These Deras are basically cults, that's why they're so secretive. How do people actually join them? do they just turn up ?  I'm guessing some kind of ritual takes place.

My chachi is a member of a dera, not sure which one, but she donated all her cattle to the dera! When we were going to Amritsar and crossing the Beas river, it was shocking to see the miles and miles of land/fields that followers had donated to the dera!

When Ram Raheem was imprisoned and all his followers were weeping and wailing, a few families from my dads pind hired vehicles and left in the middle of the night, dera followers are very secretive about these things. But news spreads fast in villages and someone saw them getting into the cars and leaving. 

Politicians obviously need the deras, to influence voting. 

From what I've read its not easy to leave these deras, a lot of dangerous people are involved in deras and they keep an eye on you. 

I'm guessing a lot of demonic practices take place, Ram Raheem used to castrate the boys. 

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1
15 minutes ago, puzzled said:

These Deras are basically cults, that's why they're so secretive. How do people actually join them? do they just turn up ?  I'm guessing some kind of ritual takes place.

My chachi is a member of a dera, not sure which one, but she donated all her cattle to the dera! When we were going to Amritsar and crossing the Beas river, it was shocking to see the miles and miles of land/fields that followers had donated to the dera!

When Ram Raheem was imprisoned and all his followers were weeping and wailing, a few families from my dads pind hired vehicles and left in the middle of the night, dera followers are very secretive about these things. But news spreads fast in villages and someone saw them getting into the cars and leaving. 

Politicians obviously need the deras, to influence voting. 

From what I've read its not easy to leave these deras, a lot of dangerous people are involved in deras and they keep an eye on you. 

I'm guessing a lot of demonic practices take place, Ram Raheem used to castrate the boys. 

r the things same in pakistan or even Sri Lanka?

Do the people there follow fake Godmen like crazy?

1 minute ago, shastarSingh said:

r the things same in pakistan or even Sri Lanka?

Do the people there follow fake Godmen like crazy?

They do in Pakistan, they have a lot of cults. Not sure about SriLanka ... 

Just now, shastarSingh said:

Isnt Islam against God men who claim to be one with God?

Can u name any cults?

seems like Paki babas aren't that different to their Indian counterparts

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

• Topics

• he was hardcore defender of Yogi Bhajan and claimed that the ladies who gave evidence against YB in court about his abuses  and later the lady who wrote the book were liars or trying to blackmail him . Pretty low behaviour . All the white 3HO core had amrit in 1970 under orders of YB to do with his visit to India to showcase his 'conversions'  
    • Wonderful topic! Sikhs shud hv good understanding of geo politics. World is getting multi polar world......
    • Not a gang, but has relevance to this thread   https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-58585788 Swansea man jailed after CCTV operator witnessed rape Published 1 hour ago Share IMAGE SOURCE,SOUTH WALES POLICE image captionTurkey Al-Turkey was told he would likely be deported after serving his prison sentence A man has been jailed for more than eight years after a CCTV operator saw him raping a woman. Turkey Al-Turkey, 26, of Cwm Level Road in Brynhyfryd, Swansea, attacked the woman outside the city's Civic Centre on 18 July. Swansea Crown Court heard the victim had no recollection of the incident and a date rape drug may have been used. Al-Turkey, an asylum seeker from Iraq, was sentenced to eight years and eight months after pleading guilty to rape. The court heard Al-Turkey had been drinking limoncello and vodka with his victim on Swansea's promenade on the night of the attack. The CCTV operator said he had seen the victim was intoxicated and unable to stand by herself, before he saw the attack take place as she lay motionless. He used the council's loading bay public address system to shout: "Get off her. She's drunk. I'm calling the police." Officers arrived at 01:40 BST and were not able to rouse the victim. Al-Turkey told officers she was asleep. image captionAl-Turkey was sentenced at Swansea Crown Court At the police station, she told officers she had no recollection of the events, but was told what the CCTV operator had witnessed after that interview. Carina Hughes, prosecuting, told the court drugs had not been found in the victim's urine, but some substances, such as Gamma Hydroxybutyrate (GHB) are eliminated from the body more quickly, and their presence could not be excluded. "Due to to her level of unconsciousness on CCTV, the prosecution felt it went over and above what we expected and anticipated from intoxication," she said.   An alcohol sample measured 62mg of alcohol per 100ml of the victim's blood. Rape 'killed the carefree version of myself' A victim impact statement from the woman, who cannot be identified, was read out in court. It said: "What's happened to me cannot be erased and will remain with me for the rest of my life. "He has killed the spontaneous, joyful, carefree version of myself and only time will tell whether these traits return in full. "The only positive element all of this is that he has been caught and is now going to be dealt with so that he cannot hurt anyone else." Another statement, from the CCTV operator, said he was struggling and kept replaying events in his mind. Ms Hughes said it was "extremely rare" for attacks like this to be captured on CCTV or witnessed. Judge Paul Thomas told Al-Turkey he had "serious misgivings" about whether the victim's condition was due to alcohol alone. "She made it perfectly clear to you that she did not want a sexual relationship that evening but you plied her with drink so she became less and less able to stand or even to move unaided" he said. "You took full advantage of the situation, putting your own sexual needs before any consideration of the impact upon her." Al-Turkey was sentenced to eight years and eight months in prison and will be on the sex offenders' register for the rest of his life. Due to his early guilty plea he will be eligible for release after six years. The court was told Al-Turkey presented himself to the asylum unit in Croydon on the 19 November 2018 when he claimed to have just arrived in the United Kingdom. Mr Thomas added: "Importantly I fully expect that you will be deported from this country immediately upon your release." Related Topics
    • Anyone with any thoughts on what this means ? https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-58582573 Aukus: China denounces US-UK-Australia pact as irresponsible Published 1 hour ago Share media captionWatch: Australia’s ‘risky bet’ to side with US over China China has criticised a historic security pact between the US, UK and Australia, describing it as "extremely irresponsible" and "narrow minded". The deal will see the US and UK give Australia the technology to build nuclear-powered submarines for the first time. It is being widely viewed as an effort to counter China's influence in the contested South China Sea. The region has been a flashpoint for years and tensions there remain high. Chinese Foreign ministry spokesman Zhao Lijian said the alliance risked "severely damaging regional peace... and intensifying the arms race". He criticised what he called "the obsolete cold war... mentality" and warned the three countries were "hurting their own interests". Chinese state media carried similar editorials denouncing the pact, and one in the Global Times newspaper said Australia had now "turned itself into an adversary of China". ANALYSIS: Why this pact signals a major shift EXPLAINED: Tensions in the South China Sea The US is sharing its submarine technology for the first time in 50 years, having previously only shared it with the UK. It means Australia will now be able to build nuclear-powered submarines that are faster and harder to detect than conventionally powered fleets. They can stay submerged for months and shoot missiles longer distances - although Australia says it has no intention of putting nuclear weapons on them. The new partnership, under the name Aukus, was announced in a joint virtual press conference between US President Joe Biden, UK Prime Minister Boris Johnson and his Australian counterpart Scott Morrison on Wednesday evening and Thursday morning. And while China was not mentioned directly, the three leaders referred repeatedly to regional security concerns which they said had "grown significantly". "This is an historic opportunity for the three nations, with like-minded allies and partners, to protect shared values and promote security and prosperity in the Indo-Pacific region," a joint statement read. The Aukus alliance is probably the most significant security arrangement between the three nations since World War Two, analysts say. It means Australia will become just the seventh nation in the world to operate nuclear-powered submarines. While they are the big-ticket item in the deal, cyber capabilities and other undersea technologies will also be shared. "This really shows that all three nations are drawing a line in the sand to start and counter [China's] aggressive moves," said Guy Boekenstein from the Asia Society Australia. Boris Johnson later said the pact would "preserve security and stability around the world" and generate "hundreds of high-skilled jobs". UK Defence Secretary Ben Wallace told the BBC that China was "embarking on one of the biggest military spends in history... Our partners in those regions want to be able to stand their own ground." media captionWhy is everyone fighting over the South China Sea? In recent years, Beijing has been accused of raising tensions in disputed territories such as the South China Sea. It has been increasingly assertive over what it says are centuries-old rights to the contested region, and has been rapidly building up its military presence to back up those claims. The US has bolstered its military presence too, and has been investing heavily in other partnerships in the region such as with Japan and South Korea. Having the submarines stationed in Australia is critical to US influence in the region, analysts say. Tensions between China and Australia China is Australia's biggest trading partner, and in the past, the two have maintained good relations. But in recent years, political tensions have created a deep rift, stoked by Australia criticising China's treatment of ethnic Uighurs, banning some technology from telecom giant Huawei and supporting an investigation into the origins of the coronavirus pandemic. Western nations have also been wary of China's booming infrastructure investment on Pacific islands, and have criticised its heavy trade sanctions against countries like Australia - last year it slapped Australian wine with taxes of up to 200%. 'A stab in the back' But France has also reacted angrily to the new pact, because it means Australia will now abandon a $50bn (€31bn; £27bn) deal with it to build 12 submarines. "It's really a stab in the back," France's Foreign Minister Jean-Yves Le Drian told France Info radio. "We had established a relationship of trust with Australia, this trust has been betrayed." The European Union's foreign policy chief, Josep Borrell said he understood why France was disappointed by the deal, adding that the EU was not consulted about the new alliance. "This forces us once again... to reflect on the need to make the issue of European strategic autonomy a priority. This shows that we must survive on our own," he said on Thursday.
    • I dont think they will care tbh...can only imagine if someone said that about islams jews ...esp being from your own community. Can anyone living in Canada try to contact employers?  We really have the worst rats in our kaum

Important Information

Terms of Use