Taking amrit - questions

singhunit

On 3/14/2021 at 4:57 AM, singhunit said:

Wjkk wjkf

Sangat ji I need some advice and tips. I wish to take amrit and need some help.. 

My wife is not ready yet - can I still take it without her? Everyone I speak with recommends waiting for her and doing it together. 

What routine do you guys have? What time do you start nitnem in the morning, how do you fit it in with working out in the morning and getting kids ready for school and then going to work etc? 

Thank you

It really is best if the whole family can be in the same boat, but each case is unique. Some non-amrithdari women can be for all intents and purposes be leading a very pious lifestyle on par with amritdahris but just have a lack of self confidence in keeping the amrit vows. Others can be hell bent on never going near religion. With the former, you will have smooth sailing even if she doesn't accompany you.

For Nitnem, it's admirable the more time and focus you can give it. But don't fall into the mindset that it'd either 2am or not worth it. Life has it's challenges, especially with children, just find your balance. For me, it's half at home, and half in commute. I love it.

You may wait and then pass away before she was ready. If she’s okay with the life style I would go for it alone and then she can join you later. I agree with some of the others. Sleep early like 9ish,... you could wake up 3ish and go back to sleep before the kids wake eg 7. I feel when you do Amrit vela regularly Waheguru Ji gives you all this energy and you some how go through the day on little sleep just fine.