Glasgow Rangers Sikh family caught singing offensive anti-Irish/Catholic song

Niara

9 hours ago, ChardikalaUK said:

I stopped caring about football in my early 30s, I realised there's far more important things in life. I will watch the Champions League final and  World Cup/Euros but that's it.

I feel that way also, football is not as good as it was on the whole ; the difference is much greater now between the top and bottom professional leagues and teams. A lot of fans feel the same, that the players are now overpaid and happy to take money for not doing much (e.g. you can be a substitute for a major team and be a multimillionaire). Too much playacting, soft fouls. Political correctness like 'taking the knee' and the media agenda of promoting women's football which is of much poorer quality etc

6 hours ago, Ranjeet01 said:

Plus the fact there are only 2 football teams in Scotland that actually win anything. 

That's true also of other countries too - people support a local team and most also follow one of the two or three major teams even if they are not from that city.

e.g. Serbia it's Partizan Belgrade and Red Star; Argentina it's River Plate and Boca Juniors; Spain it's Barca and Real Madrid

13 hours ago, Premi5 said:

I feel that way also, football is not as good as it was on the whole ; the difference is much greater now between the top and bottom professional leagues and teams. A lot of fans feel the same, that the players are now overpaid and happy to take money for not doing much (e.g. you can be a substitute for a major team and be a multimillionaire). Too much playacting, soft fouls. Political correctness like 'taking the knee' and the media agenda of promoting women's football which is of much poorer quality etc

That's true also of other countries too - people support a local team and most also follow one of the two or three major teams even if they are not from that city.

e.g. Serbia it's Partizan Belgrade and Red Star; Argentina it's River Plate and Boca Juniors; Spain it's Barca and Real Madrid

I think it's just a case of getting older. We always think that the players and teams in our youth were the best. I know 50 year olds who say Maradona was better than Messi, simply because they were teenagers when he played.

At this age I couldn't care less who wins, it has no impact on my life. I've got bigger things to focus on.

20 hours ago, Ranjeet01 said:

You have to look at the environment they are living in.

This is Glasgow. It is a place where there is a lot of deprivation, no opportunities, bad diet,  low life expectancy and a lot of booze. 

It is a depressing place, people have nothing to live for. 

The only thing they look forward to is football. It is the only thing that gives them joy. Plus the fact there are only 2 football teams in Scotland that actually win anything.