Opening a business in Europe

Big_Tera

As  British citizen I have always been aware that anyone in European countries has a right to work abroad within the EU. I have not been interested in doing a regular 9.5 type job.Hhowever but was more interested in business opportunies in Europe. Such as opening a shop/retail outlet. Anyone know or done this or is it to complicated?

Countries I was thinking of was Poland, Holland, Spain as they seem to be decent european countries

Netherlands ( a lot of tourists)  and Switzerland (high standards + tourists) are good places for retail or restaurant kind of business because people have money to spend there. This is what I observed while travelling Europe. Norway and Sweden I haven't visited but you can look into it when you do you research.  

4 hours ago, Singh375 said:

A physical shop / retail will be successful in the coming times if it can offer an 'experience'. 

Coming out of lockdown people want experiences. Apple stores are good example, to visit one is an event in it's self. It's the 'buzz', the atmosphere in the stores that I look forward to experience again. 

If you're just selling products it's better to do it online. Even so, through channels like Amazon, Instagram & FB marketplace.

I used to work in a retail business (office based role at the HQ) with a huge warehouse onsite. A company turning over £1M+ sales daily. They had a dedicated section in the warehouse just to fulfil Amazon orders. Everyone knows Amazon became big, but to visit a company's warehouse and see how they had to adapt to benefit from the 'amazon revolution' is really fascinating. 

Don’t see the attraction myself of Apple stores . 

if the stores/shops are offering an ‘experience’ then they are not really a shop/store but an entertainment business 

8 hours ago, Big_Tera said:

As  British citizen I have always been aware that anyone in European countries has a right to work abroad within the EU. I have not been interested in doing a regular 9.5 type job.Hhowever but was more interested in business opportunies in Europe. Such as opening a shop/retail outlet. Anyone know or done this or is it to complicated?

Countries I was thinking of was Poland, Holland, Spain as they seem to be decent european countries

I do feel in support of smaller businesses

I don’t think it’s healthy for society for only a few companies to have a cartel/dominate online