What's your favourite music genre?

Singh1989

1 hour ago, Singh1989 said:

I have mainly two genres. What about fav song or currently you enjoy listening to? 

Not a fan of music as such, really most of it is Kachi bani outside of Gurbani/Keertan.

Learned this over time but didn’t mind music when younger.

especially anything ‘loud’ but ‘peaceful’ songs if anything are okay 

However, I think if we encouraged musicians (aimed towards Sikh/Bani) in our culture/community more then we would get better quality and more popular Keertan 

When I hear some of the Islamic singing , I don’t understand it but the passion is clear and that does not come across to me often when listening to Sikh Keertan

20 hours ago, MisterrSingh said:

Go on, don't keep us in suspense!

Ah! Regarding this website it's important to be diplomatic. I think it's important to have convos that doesn't involve Sikhi all the time (90% Sikhi, 10% chilled out convos like this post). 

20 hours ago, Premi5 said:

Not a fan of music as such, really most of it is Kachi bani outside of Gurbani/Keertan.

Okay, not really whole point of the post. 

When I hear some of the Islamic singing , I don’t understand it but the passion is clear and that does not come across to me often when listening to Sikh Keertan

AGREED! 

27 minutes ago, Singh1989 said:

AGREED! 

I understand what you say ; everyone 'likes' music to some extent, and if utilised in the right way it's very powerful, e.g. Keertan

I think many people don't realise that just like visual media entertainment it likely has a big effect on the subconscious hence it's best avoided if possible.