Kirpan holster, is the gatra necessary

4 hours ago, jassa said:

I dont know why punj peyare told you not to keep kirpan in your hair. Infact the only shaster recovered from the angitha of dasam pita was his kirpan which he kept in his hair. Go to youtube search for shaster darshan hazoor sahib.

Secondly the current form of kirpan/gatra was just a century old. When british annexed punjab they banned all types of public weapons including kirpans and after few years this ban was lifted and later hukamnama was issued from the Akal takth sahib about the size of kirpan hence the modern kirpans came into being and gatra was adjusted accordingly. Before this only 3 feet kirpans were kept in gatras small shasters like todays kirpan also known as khanjar or kard were kept in kamarkassa. 

THIS ?

Thanks my brother. 

I love how I can reach out to the sangat here. 

10 hours ago, intrigued said:

How would one access the shastrs in the kesh?

Good point, and it seems first thing everyone goes for is the Dastar rip off head move. Might cut their hand like mexican girls use razor blades in their hair for. Just waiting for someone to pull it. Lol. 

And if the Dastar comes off they deserve whatever is underneath. 

But yeah it seems like one can fulfill the Rehit symbolically and according to Hukam, or according to Tyar by Tyar thinking, but it's hard to always do both.