Naam English translation

Redoptics

So when watching paath on most YouTube videos, they have English translations, Naam always seems to translated to name for instance in Anand Shahib...

Saacha Naam Meraa Aadhaaro is translated to The True Name Is My Only Support. 

It doesn't really make sense in English, maybe its me if there is a true name there must be a false name which inturn mean duality, so Ik is lost. Like I said maybe its just me but would like your thoughts on it.

2 hours ago, Singh375 said:

Saacha naam means sach da naam. Name of the true one i.e Vaheguru ji

Thank you for pointing me in the right direction, found more information,  

Mahan Kosh Encyclopedia, Gurbani Dictionaries and Punjabi/English Dictionaries.

SGGS Gurmukhi-Gurmukhi Dictionary
ʼnām. 1. ਨਾਉਂ, ਕਿਸੇ ਵਸਤੂ ਦਾ ਬੋਧ ਰਵਾਉਣ ਵਾਲਾ ਸ਼ਬਦ। 2. ਪ੍ਰਭੂ ਬੋਧਕ ਸ਼ਬਦ, ਪ੍ਰਭੂ, ਕਰਤਾਰ। 3. ਪ੍ਰਭੂ ਦਾ ਨਾਮ, ਹਰੀ ਨਾਮ। 1. name, word which is suggestive of some meaning. 2. word which is suggestsive of the Lord/God. 3. ʼname of God/Lord

On 3/24/2021 at 1:05 AM, Redoptics said:

So when watching paath on most YouTube videos, they have English translations, Naam always seems to translated to name for instance in Anand Shahib...

Saacha Naam Meraa Aadhaaro is translated to The True Name Is My Only Support. 

It doesn't really make sense in English, maybe its me if there is a true name there must be a false name which inturn mean duality, so Ik is lost. Like I said maybe its just me but would like your thoughts on it.

One of the best explanations of NAAM, that I heard, is that:

When we listen to Gurbani Kirtan...that is Naam.

When we read or listen to Gurbani...that is Naam.

When we focus our mind on the SAT CHIT ANAND ISHVER JYOT, that is Naam...

SAT CHIT ANAND ISHVER JYOT, is limitless....

The more we focus...the more Anand we will acquire...

Listening to Kirtan, listening to Gurbani etc. is all Anand inducing. But the more we focus, on Gurmantar, then more Anand is aquired.

For most people, listening to Kirtan or Gurbani is very relaxing. And during that time they lose anxiety and unsavoury thoughts. But that Anand tends to stop once the Kirtan or Gurbani stops.

In order to reach the state of perpetual Anand bliss, we then need to focus on the Gurmantar.

Naam comprises of Kirtan, Paath, and Katha. There are different stages of Naam.

The most important thing is to build up the focus on the JYOT...

I’ve never been to Canada, but I can read books about Canada. I can look at images of Canada. But to see Canada in real life, I need to travel there.

Gurbani Kirtan, Gurbani Katha, Gurbani Paath, shows us what SACHKAND is like. But to see SACKHAND, we need to get there.

Getting to see SACHKAND, requires immense focus and concentration, through Gurmantar.

2 minutes ago, MokhamSingh said:

One of the best explanations of NAAM, that I heard, is that:

When we listen to Gurbani Kirtan...that is Naam.

When we read or listen to Gurbani...that is Naam.

When we focus our mind on the SAT CHIT ANAND ISHVER JYOT, that is Naam...

SAT CHIT ANAND ISHVER JYOT, is limitless....

The more we focus...the more Anand we will acquire...

Listening to Kirtan, listening to Gurbani etc. is all Anand inducing. But the more we focus, on Gurmantar, then more Anand is aquired.

For most people, listening to Kirtan or Gurbani is very relaxing. And during that time they lose anxiety and unsavoury thoughts. But that Anand tends to stop once the Kirtan or Gurbani stops.

In order to reach the state of perpetual Anand bliss, we then need to focus on the Gurmantar.

Naam comprises of Kirtan, Paath, and Katha. There are different stages of Naam.

The most important thing is to build up the focus on the JYOT...

I’ve never been to Canada, but I can read books about Canada. I can look at images of Canada. But to see Canada in real life, I need to travel there.

Gurbani Kirtan, Gurbani Katha, Gurbani Paath, shows us what SACHKAND is like. But to see SACKHAND, we need to get there.

Getting to see SACHKAND, requires immense focus and concentration, through Gurmantar.

Is sachkand a place to you? I always thought merging back with Waheguru is sachkand.