Guest Anon

Hi, 

I am a born Sikh, but the problem Is that my faith on sikhi is wavering. I keep thinking of other religions, like Islam, Christianity, and Judaism. I think it's the fear of hell. I don't know how to explain to but I think its seeing other people of other faiths being so confident in their religion unlike me with sikhi. Any help would be good, I don't like that I feel like this. 

Guest Anon

Yeah, I went to Gurdwara ever since I was a kid, and go regularly now too. I do some of my paths daily, not all though, trying to slowly do more, but I dont know I am just struggling with religion. 

Guest DharamYudh

Hi veere/bhene I’m not the most educated on issues on this, but Gurbani has the answers for everything and it’s good to have faith in it because our Gurus would never lie to us. I think a read of Sri Sukhmani Sahib would be a really good starting point

https://sikhtemple.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/02/Sukhmani-Sahib-Eng-Rom-Gurm.pdf

10 hours ago, Guest Anon said:

Yeah, I went to Gurdwara ever since I was a kid, and go regularly now too. I do some of my paths daily, not all though, trying to slowly do more, but I dont know I am just struggling with religion. 

Most are doing this and yet in reality they are way too far in distance from the gian of our actual Sikh dharam. 

Suggestion - Read whole lots of stuffs.

4 minutes ago, Suchi said:

Religion is supposed to help us live a meaningful life and help us to make decisions that make us both mentally and physically strong. 

It is difficult to achieve that through just reading, without real life experiences that can shape our personality. 

To be confident means we have achieved some independence or useful skills or knowledge. 

SehajPath, Gurbani, Kirtan, Katha, Vaaran are beyond reading. 

I agree religion must be Dharam. Lived. However the doing and the needed information for doing are in the written form often. Or the read form of the written form. 

1 minute ago, Suchi said:

It is meant to give us joy and bliss. If it isn't then there must be an error in practice or understanding.

I get that reading Gurbani. I know. 

I get that doing Naam Simran. 

I get that from all the above things. 

Bliss is just part of it even. 

2 minutes ago, Suchi said:

From your posts it seems you were already independent, skilled and mature when you found Sikhi. So knew what you were looking for.

Others may not come from the same perspective due to culture. 

The medicine is still at the store. All I can tell people is where the store is. 

I would in fact prefer to point them directly and save them the wretched journey. They can understand all Dharams if they understand Gursikhi. 

Especially here is about Gursikhi. 

I Parchar to some people in life, others I just speak to using the knowledge of Gursikhi to speak to them where they are at using more universal terms. Sometimes coming from my past experience with the Gnosis of many things, but all of that is stepped down from Naam and stepped down from Gurbani. 

On 4/2/2021 at 10:57 AM, Guest Anon said:

Hi, 

I am a born Sikh, but the problem Is that my faith on sikhi is wavering. I keep thinking of other religions, like Islam, Christianity, and Judaism. I think it's the fear of hell. I don't know how to explain to but I think its seeing other people of other faiths being so confident in their religion unlike me with sikhi. Any help would be good, I don't like that I feel like this. 

As GurjantGnostic mentioned, you have to go directly to the source, the fountain of bliss that is ever flowing, Naam.

Just start with a simple mindful practice of 10-15 minutes daily. Cut off distractions, focus your mind, and ask for His Divine Grace of Naam. Chant Satnam. Chant Waheguru. Listen. Feel.

If you've tried other paths before coming to Sikhi, it sort of is a blessing in disguise since you can clearly see where the grass is green.

The abrahamic faiths are in survival mode, academically.  People display confidence in their racial/cultural accomplishments; don't mistake this for religious pride. Abrahamics  are having to reinvent themselves, hide their truths constantly to survive modernity.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
On 4/3/2021 at 4:57 AM, Guest Anon said:

Hi, 

hi mate

try to read Gurbani and Sikhi code of conduct.

read stuff and Guru Ji's history and try to know the reasons behind it. like Langar meaning and purpose of it and helping others etc. staying with reht mariyada.

most of the things we do in sikhism are very straightforward and they make sense as soon as you start to read and doing them.

• Like 1
On 4/2/2021 at 10:57 AM, Guest Anon said:

Hi, 

Try to understand Sikhi philosophy.

You can do.that 2 ways: read gurbani with english meanings so you can understand it. 

And read sikh history especially about great gursikhs who have lived sikh philosophy. 

I am telling you this truthfully,  no other religion has a great history or philosophy as Sikhi. Sometimes, I too get enticed by other religions, because having grown up with Sikhi, it seems mundane. But other religions look good from the outside but are khokhle, hollow and i have to come back to sikhi. 

Come on, what other religion advocated for gender equality, freedom of religion and condemned slavery? And advocated for meditation and vegetarian? All the things modern ppl are rediscovering? Yes Hinduism fits the bill for most of these but they had serious issues.

Anyways check out basics of sikhi youtube channel.  I think you would enjoy his debates with other religions and his street parchaar.

Also google and read about sikh converts. Their zeal may inspire you. 

And read books by great sikh writers. Most are available in English.  Writers like bhai veer singh,  karam singh historian.  Bhai randheer singh.  Bhai Ranbir singh. All of their books are available in English free online.  Just Google. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1