CHANDI DI VAAR MARYADA

8 hours ago, Suchi said:

Banda Singh was a Hindu when GGSji asked him to join his army.

He was Sikh and had taken amrit before joining the gurus army. It doesn't matter whether he was hindu before or not.

8 hours ago, Suchi said:

He was also a Brahmin

Dude he was a kshatriya and in his childhood was fond of hunting

8 hours ago, Suchi said:

Why are you relying on Persian sources when they were the enemy at the time and not sources close to Banda Bahadur?

I don't use just persian Sources, I use all contemporary sources to understand the whole story. The narrative of sri kalgidhar patshah giving a hindu his army and telling him to get revenge is fairly recent and it's being pushed by the RSS. The truth is that banda Singh was a sikh and did not go to get revenge.

8 hours ago, Suchi said:

Anyway, my understanding is that if he hadn't been betrayed Punjab would have been free of Moghal rule in the 18C when the British could have also been tackled, rather than continue to be enslaved for a further 200 years. 

Lmk what your sources are - here are mine that do not say this: panth parkash and dr ganda singh. I won't mention the persian sources from now on but I can still make my point.

8 hours ago, Suchi said:

I also understand that Guru Gobind Singh ji made a specific order that no-one was to follow him, nor did he declare a successor and asked his followers to only follow the Guru Granth Sahib ji. 

Source? This is how rumors get started... At abchal nagar, guru Sahib gave guruship to both guru granth sahib ji and Guru panth khalsa.

17 hours ago, GurjantGnostic said:

The term was used specifically in my opinion. They have a ship crashed in the caucus mountains that serves as their citadel. 

That's why caucasians are caucasians. 

My second guess would be Swiss Alps. Switzerland is 100 in the thick of it. 

Geographically for one. 

Enjoys unexplainable diplomatic and economic status historically and today. 

And if you look at the names of peoples and places certain patterns emerge denoting the status and origin of people in my opinion. 

And the Swiss both enjoy a disinct ethnic and country name free of the signs of having been enslaved. So does France. Very few countries do. 

7 hours ago, Suchi said:

I've seen a copy of a census that showed that GGS ji had declared himself as a Hindu Khatri and therefore had not created a separate religion.  

Really ?‍♂️ what census would they have in the 1700s that Guru Sahib would participate in. Moreover, in his bani he declared that he has created a separate path for Sikhs

7 hours ago, Suchi said:

But after becoming an ascetic, he would be a Brahmin according to Vedic teachings.

And after becoming a Sikh, his caste wouldn't matter... Not that hard to understand.

7 hours ago, Suchi said:

My sources are Ajit Vadakayil who has written a detailed account of the background to the story.

Send me the book and tell me what primary sources he used. Panth Parkash uses stories that were passed down by older generations and Dr. Ganda Singh uses contemporary sources of those who were there with Banda Singh.

8 hours ago, Suchi said:

After further reading: This is from a website by the Nirankaris who claim that GGS ji escaped and continued to live for a very long time.  They also state that it was the British who instituted the Guru Granth Sahib ji as they wanted to end any possible challenge to their rule by the growth of the movement.

You do know Nirankaris are banned from akal takht right? Their agenda is to have living gurus and thus they will use false stories.

2 hours ago, intrigued said:

From Uggardanti by Sri Guru Gobind Singh Ji Maharaj: 

"The victory to the almighty shall be my proclamation. To all, Wahe Wahe (Waheguru) shall be the word to meditate on. Designate the third panth. The Singh warriors shall rise and don blue attire. They will capture and destroy all demons (evil persons) They will sound the melody of victory in  the universe."