2.5 hours a day

• 3 weeks later...

revisiting this earlier comment, can sangat here tell me on how they intend to or have expanded their nitnem beyond morning panj banis 

I want to get a better sense 

my gutka sahibs has shabad hajaare, shabad hajaare pt 10, dinan kki pritpal swaiye, pranvo aad ekankaara swaiye, barah maahaa maajh, asa di vaar, sukhmanee sahib, dukh bhanjanee sahib (trying to get salok mahal 9, basant kee vaar, vaar sri bhaugati ji ki, baavan akhri sometime soon in gutka saroop)  

can anyone share what banis they usually do after panj bania 

also, what are sangat's views on doing sehaj paath of sukhmanee sahib throughout the day?

On 4/9/2021 at 1:59 PM, Singh1989 said:

In order to get ANYWHERE in your Jeevan it is vital to take out 2.5 hours for Akaal Purakh, on top of the 7 Daily prayers we all fondly and dutly do. 2.5 hours can be Mool mantar, Gurmantar (1.15 hour on each) or Gurmantar followed by one Sukhmani Sahib (this prayer takes an hour) or three Baanias from Dasam Granth (which could take an hour) followed by going Gurudwara for 1.5 hours of Simran, Seva and Sangat. 

In short no Matter what u select it should be 2.5 hours minimum, time excluded from 7 Baanias. 

Now, there are two dangers here. First, "I can't concentrate so I won't do it..." This is something I call Jargon. It's jargon because as soon as we think "Concentrate" we forget about the MAIN MAIN task at hand completely... Which is to do the Naam Simran or selected prayers. "I will do 30 mins woth focus then buold it up..." WRONG! Just do 2.5 straight, focus will come to u slowly. Second danger, "I don't have time" this is an excuse! You have 24 hours for 2.3 hours of Prayers. If u work from 8am you have all the time in Amritvela. 

To conclude, if u wish for your mann chanchalas to stop, jeevan to succeed, understand God's Hukam, be liberated, 2.5 is just the start. 

Great inspiring post. 

I'm not sure why say that 2.5 hours excludes the mandatory 7 Bani though. Nit picking from me though! If you can do then kudos to you!

1 hour ago, NaamTiharoJoJape said:

revisiting this earlier comment, can sangat here tell me on how they intend to or have expanded their nitnem beyond morning panj banis 

I want to get a better sense 

my gutka sahibs has shabad hajaare, shabad hajaare pt 10, dinan kki pritpal swaiye, pranvo aad ekankaara swaiye, barah maahaa maajh, asa di vaar, sukhmanee sahib, dukh bhanjanee sahib (trying to get salok mahal 9, basant kee vaar, vaar sri bhaugati ji ki, baavan akhri sometime soon in gutka saroop)  

can anyone share what banis they usually do after panj bania 

also, what are sangat's views on doing sehaj paath of sukhmanee sahib throughout the day?

My opinion on this is that it's relative to your situation; we should try/struggle/fight for adding extra bani though. Once you are comfortable with your 7 bania a lot of jugasoo tend to adding Sri Sukhmani Sahib to their daily routine. Any of the bania that you have mentioned is a bonus as well

2 hours ago, intrigued said:

like an ashtpadi an hour or sum?

just doing parts of it throughout the day thats what I meant

like 4 astpadees and saloks in morning, 12 after you come home from wherever, 6 after rehraas, last two before sohila sahib 

8 minutes ago, NaamTiharoJoJape said:

just doing parts of it throughout the day thats what I meant

like 4 astpadees and saloks in morning, 12 after you come home from wherever, 6 after rehraas, last two before sohila sahib 

hmm preferably i would want to do it all in one sitting to help my concentration. I would do shorter paaths if I dont have as much time. but i guess if the astpadi is complete that u shud be fine

Bhul Chuk Maaf

• 5 months later...
On 4/9/2021 at 1:59 PM, Singh1989 said:

In order to get ANYWHERE in your Jeevan it is vital to take out 2.5 hours for Akaal Purakh, on top of the 7 Daily prayers we all fondly and dutly do. 2.5 hours can be Mool mantar, Gurmantar (1.15 hour on each) or Gurmantar followed by one Sukhmani Sahib (this prayer takes an hour) or three Baanias from Dasam Granth (which could take an hour) followed by going Gurudwara for 1.5 hours of Simran, Seva and Sangat. 

In short no Matter what u select it should be 2.5 hours minimum, time excluded from 7 Baanias. 

Now, there are two dangers here. First, "I can't concentrate so I won't do it..." This is something I call Jargon. It's jargon because as soon as we think "Concentrate" we forget about the MAIN MAIN task at hand completely... Which is to do the Naam Simran or selected prayers. "I will do 30 mins woth focus then buold it up..." WRONG! Just do 2.5 straight, focus will come to u slowly. Second danger, "I don't have time" this is an excuse! You have 24 hours for 2.3 hours of Prayers. If u work from 8am you have all the time in Amritvela. 

To conclude, if u wish for your mann chanchalas to stop, jeevan to succeed, understand God's Hukam, be liberated, 2.5 is just the start. 

Are you sure it excludes the time on Nitnem? Nitnem would be around 1.5 hours and then on top of that another 2.5 hours is 4hours a day

Also, if someone is running a 'marathon' (just an example), they would usually need to start somewhere. 2.5 hours straight (done with total concentration) is basically impossible for someone who is a novice. Probably better to break it down into smaller chunks first, and build up gradually, just like you would do with your body for exercise. 

Saying that, it's not impossible , but to be sustainable, stamina needs to be built up