2.5 hours a day

2 hours ago, GurjantGnostic said:

Hypothetically, as I'm bulding my Nitnem and Rehit still, there is a balance to be struck. 

I mean only 24 hrs in a day. You work for x of it and sleep for some, the other remaining part, or parts, have Nitnem, Seva, Shastar Vidya, world knowledge to fit into, family, life, all that. 

It may be suitable to pair extra Bani to activities so you're listening to or reciting the additional Bani while doing Shastar Vidya etc. 

For everything to fit into a day some things will have to be undertaken simultaneously. 

In Aikido there are times and places for lots and lots of repetition and diversity in the training but ultimately your core training is being able to do one perfect training cut. You get more from that one rep than a million poor cuts. 

Rotating curriculum or focus throughout the week opens up some possibilities too. Maybe one day the two hour extra block is just Gurbani. Maybe the next it's science day. 

If we add all the extra nitnem suggestions on the web as a whole we'd just being doing Akhand Path everyday. But we should strive for as much Bani as possible. 

I think whilst eating is a perfect time (if alone/with others who believe in Bani) to be listening to Bani