youth group

jessicarox

since two weeks now i've been going to this new sikh youth group. so far it's mainly like just a lecture about some of the meanings of the gurbani. does anyone have any ideas for topics we can discuss or something where everyone would be more involved? if u have been to some type of sikh camp or group could u please share some of the things u did

Guest SikhForLife

what is Dukh.. what does gurbani say about Dukh and pain.. and suffering.. what really is suffering..

-how God exists everywhere

- self-will vs predestination

- how to truely respect God... fear of God vs Respect of God

http://www.gurugranthdarpan.com/

is an excellent website.. but its all in punjabi

it has the entire meaning of SGGS.. not TRANSLATIONS! but what it reaaally means!

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

In the sikhi class i go to wot we did write down some questions about sikhi that we all wanted answering, then we picked questions at random and discussed them it was excellent, we discussed issues duch as abortion, ghosts (jam dud's), and why men and women are treated differently though we r meant to b treated equally.

i hope this helps

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

i am partt of a sikh youth group we meet on a wednesday evenin 2 discuss any issue dat may affect as or that we want 2 talk abot.

whoeva i feel dat we r being lectured at n feel dat many people in the group feel like der r not able 2 speak openly.

this does not really affect me because i find it very easy 2 talk 2 people who i dnt really no.

but i have at times felt that i am looked down on by other members of the group because i have not took amrit. i dnt class my self on the same level as them howeva i go they because i want 2 take the first step towards learning abot sikhi and abot the past. i have been told u shut up countless times by members of the group.

i do enjoy goin 2 these meetings however i feel that im being jugded. mayb im jus being paro. the majority of the group have not took amrit, and i feel lik they is a divide.