Kensington ave Philadelphia

puzzled

7 hours ago, S1ngh said:

I respect your religion as it is and you also need to respect other dharam. Sikhs are known to be very welcoming and it would be nice if folks out there stop taking advantage of that. It would be better idea if you will start your journey to find a HinduSangat forum. 

Sure I know Sikhs are welcoming. But I would say Hindus are more so. We have Sikhs in our family. Others family members follow Radha Soamis who dress like Sikhs.

Being from Punjab I feel we should try to understand each other more especially as I see alot of anti Hindu comments on here regularly. Perhaps that is political. I'm trying to get to the bottom of it as I don't believe it is constructive. 

I was stopped from going to the Punjab for many years as I couldn't get a visa to enter my own city/ state due to terrorist activities.

I'm trying to understand more about Sikhism as I was brought up to believe it was the same as Hinduism hence in there being no problem in marriages from our side. 

Now reading your scriptures I can see there is hardly any difference. 

But practices seem to have avered from what was originally intended and meant. 

6 hours ago, NaamTiharoJoJape said:

If you do not wish to follow a religion, then why be in a platform based off of religion entirely dedicated to the theological discourse of that religion 

folks here on sikhsangat strive to follow sikhi to the max they can and implement it into their life as much as possible, so all this "experimenting" isn't in our Guru's hukam and most of us abide by that and you must understand/respect that

I follow spirituality. Luckily my religion asks me to use my discretion mind and experiences to develop spirituality. It does not require me to follow a rigid set of rules unless I accept them and make them mine. 

I am interested in your comment about experimenting not being allowed. Can you refer me to scriptures on that?  Thanks. 

14 hours ago, intrigued said:

I think that what @Suchi is trying to do is give his 2 cents but it is important for him to know that Guru Sahib has always a reason behind his hukam. So while I respect your view on experimenting for yourself, I don't think we should break rehit and if we want to become a Gurmukh, we have to follow the Guru's way of thinking. We as Sikhs surrender to Guru Sahib and Akal Purakh.

Sure. But I recently came across a video with BoS ...... 

Mod note DELETED. 

8 hours ago, Suchi said:

I follow spirituality. Luckily my religion asks me to use my discretion mind and experiences to develop spirituality. It does not require me to follow a rigid set of rules unless I accept them and make them mine. 

I am interested in your comment about experimenting not being allowed. Can you refer me to scriptures on that?  Thanks. 

Classic example of deranged person who is now trying to stir sangat here up to talk negative about Hindu Dharam. You know that ppl here can spend day and night on that with more known facts which will bring more negativity on this platform which is your sole reason of your presence here. 

I suggest you to leave the forum on good terms brother. 

8 hours ago, Suchi said:

I'm trying to understand more about Sikhism as I was brought up to believe it was the same as Hinduism hence in there being no problem in marriages from our side. 

Now reading your scriptures I can see there is hardly any difference. 

But practices seem to have avered from what was originally intended and meant. 

You are here with gian from quora and google to tell rest of the Sikhs what sikhi is? Another example of having a village idiot showing that he is smart enough to teach at any MIT and Oxford. 

Sikhs made fatal mistake helping the mental and racist swami of the Arya Samaj last century. Do you seriously think you are the first deranged person who is on propaganda of telling the whole world that Sikhs are same as Hindu. 

• 1 month later...