A question too afraid too ask

Guest jab

Though I am getting spiritual with time but often my mind gets agitated seeing the present conditions and questions start coming up...

Our present times are very dangerous considering the farms bills can literally wipe out sikh farmers economically in Punjab.

Our elders are sitting on roads for past 4 months with over 350 dead when it was time for them to live relaxed life. But our enemies continue to thrive in positions of power.

Leader who cheated us are leading good lives with sufficient wealth for several generations. You may say, akal purkh will do justice... But when our sikh get killed, and the killer lives a good life for many decades, questions start to come up....

This is not new. Over 100000+ fake encounters in Punjab during 80s, thousands dead, brutually murdered in 84 riots, lackhs dead during partition. All those politicians who did this are living as if they did nothing wrong and continue to life good work-family life in politics and family.

In present times, our youth can only do labor jobs whether in indian or abroad. Shops even in India, are owned mostly non-sikhs while they employ security guards earning 8000 per month are sikhs.

All major thiriving businesses are owned by non-sikhs... 

If in my personal life, I am facing issue. I am 32, and proudly tie turban, MBA by qualification and good enough personality..But even I am having hard time getting married to girl from good sikh family..Sometimes I wish had gone abroad, removed turban, had my hair cut, and would have easily got married by now like most of my friends...I wonder if I ever had a son, better if I cut his hair from start, else he will end up like me without any love life and like most turbaned and full beard boys who continue to suffer quietly...

If akal purkh take care of their saints, why do innocent sikhs who pray daily and live life as per sikh ethos continue to suffer..

1 hour ago, AcceptWill201 said:

Sounds like your mind wishes for all the worldly things but you are expecting 'sikhi' to give it to you.

Bro it's a change of mindset that's needed. How do you feel cutting your hair will get you all these things. It is simply our karam. Through reading of gurbani and doing seva and ardas we can change our karam.

Sikhi is a dharm where heads were given for the truth. It isnt for pursuit of any perfect lifestyles and worldly comfort. So we must reflect on what we pursue.

We have to realise our time here is limited. The journey through this body is about connecting with the divine within? 

Yes, you need work, and marriage and family. But acceptance that Vaheguru is fully in control and will bestow upon you what is best for you will give you true contentment. Otherwise our actions take us through the 8.4m life forms.

It's not easy, we are worldly beings trying to get on the path, our Guru tells us through seva and simran we are blessed with understanding and all our affairs are resolved.

The farmer protest is a great blessing, it has united so many for a great cause. It has awakened so many and for years to come we will see the people of punjab strive for positive change. Uncertainty  does create an anxiety and yes there is a worry for things going wrong. But as Sikhs we have the immense power of Guru Sahib with us.

Reflect and assess whether it is perhaps depression that you may be experiencing. Seek satsangat and make your time safal. Speak to your family and they will find someone. Dont demand anything (dowary) of the girls family and seek a rishta in line with Gurmat. 

Did very well in blaming my mental health and beliefs. I accept that. Personal problem, will solve with time.

Farmer's bill has awakened us though costed us 350 lives. Ok...Understood.

I also mentioned about Riots, 100000+ fake encounters, 500000 dead in partition ( though got caught beetween hindu muslim fight. Paid price for independence of the nation for which 92% martys were sikhs).

I also mentioned about the politicians who orchestrate these mass murders and always get away and live normal lives as if they did nothing wrong. Are they above karma? You may say, they will pay the price...But we are our people face this situation again and again..

Sometimes guruji is testing his Sikh to see where is he at . Sometimes in life we face hurdles and if we shake and lose faith in guru ji,  it shows that we were never his Sikh in the first place . He then doesn’t show his kirpa.  
Keeping your Sikhi is hard, which is why not everyone can follow the path .  There are many examples that guru ji has left for us that shows that . One of those are bhai manjh ji sakhi  

Guest guest

times were even worse in Guru ji's times.  Guru Nanak witnessed the aftermath of Babur's massacre of masses of people, even Guruji asked God why He let that happen (its there in SGGS).  Aurangzeb wanted all non- muslims converted.  Sikhs and Hindus lived persecuted in their own country.   Afghans demolished the original building of Harimandir Sahib and tried to desecrate the Sarovar by filling it with cows blood.  the world is like  a strange drama/ stage play.  you don't want to get too caught up in it.

people who enjoy the fruits of corruption- you don't know how how they suffer at night.  they can't escape their injustice.  wealth can't give a clear conscience.  karma takes time to effect, but its timing is perfect.

its usual to feel despair in the face of corruption, but even the Hindu business men suffer problems like bribery and extortion.  imagine how hard it is there for business women of any religion- all the sexual harrassment they may have to suffer.  India is full of corruption.  still there are alot of Sikh businessmen and even CEOs in India.  you have to make forge the path- no one can expect life to be easy.  with hard work everything is possible.

you are trying to mix worldly things and religion.  you can't follow the path of religion and expect the world to love you for it.  like Jesus said- man cannot have two masters- either he serves the world or he serves God.  you chose the nobler path.  you are a Singh, it is not fitting for you to have a girlfriend.  better to suffer for a noble way of life then sell out for an easy path.  do you think all cut-hair sikhs have it easy?  people who have girlfriends- they can suffer alot.  married people can make each other suffer alot.  you just don't see it.  everyone wants to show a happy face to the world, but you don't know their despair.  Gurbani says "aathas duniya"- the world is on fire.  

finding a marriage partner is not easy for anyone.  lots of 'love' marriages end in divorce.  life isn't easy, stop expecting it be :-)  throw aside any depression type feelings, have confidence in God, forge through the world with your head held high like a warrior.  any negativity you face- brush it off "water off a duck's back" like the English say :-)