Upcoming 5 million deaths in India

S1ngh

48 minutes ago, puzzled said:

Can we travel from the UK to Canada? Got a wedding coming up in August, I'm not going, but my family might go!  What are the rules? anyone know?  You have to have the vaccine if you're flying abroad, right?  

I think it's alright to fly between the UK and Canada. However, I believe you have to stay in a hotel before they let you out. 

2 minutes ago, dharamyudh said:

I think it's alright to fly between the UK and Canada. However, I believe you have to stay in a hotel before they let you out. 

They don't have to stay in a hotel in Canada though do they?  Its in Surrey, what's the situation like in Surrey with covid? 

1 hour ago, puzzled said:

Will we have another wave in the UK?   When is this gnna end!    

A lot of countries messed up really badly. I still remember when Victoria was in its second wave, we had 700 cases the most in a day. Then there was a lot of restrictions for a good 3 months. It was painful but worth it. Now we have 0 cases everyday besides from hotel quarantine. We still have to wear masks in public transport, which is annoying, but reasonable. Australia had a low population density so it was a bit easier to control but if other countries had done the same then there would be in our position.

But there's no hope for India. I heard how hospitals are making non sick people stay in the hospital so it looks like they're full so the really sick people would have to pay a lot. And apparently medicine that would normally cost 5000 rupees, they're selling it for 65000.

What hope do you have for a country that has grown men throwing cow poo at each other?

6 minutes ago, Kaurr said:

A lot of countries messed up really badly. I still remember when Victoria was in its second wave, we had 700 cases the most in a day. Then there was a lot of restrictions for a good 3 months. It was painful but worth it. Now we have 0 cases everyday besides from hotel quarantine. We still have to wear masks in public transport, which is annoying, but reasonable. Australia had a low population density so it was a bit easier to control but if other countries had done the same then there would be in our position.

But there's no hope for India. I heard how hospitals are making non sick people stay in the hospital so it looks like they're full so the really sick people would have to pay a lot. And apparently medicine that would normally cost 5000 rupees, they're selling it for 65000.

What hope do you have for a country that has grown men throwing cow poo at each other?

Honestly I just zoned out by the time it was the second wave!  When the second wave began I stopped watching the news or paying attention to what was going on around me. It didn't even know we were going into lockdown again.  I just completely zoned out with everything.  

Yeah I was watching a video and its costing the families around 20,000 rupees to cremate their dead relatives. The ambulance drivers alone charge 7000 rupees for a 3 mile journey!  So some poor people can't afford all this so they are dumping the dead bodies on road sides. I watched a video where some of the angry relatives started beating the ambulance driver up at the cremation ground. 

In the UP the local panchayat elections are taking place now. 

11 minutes ago, puzzled said:

In the UP the local panchayat elections are taking place now. 

Of course they are, cause there hasn't been enough people dead already. Cause electing some random old man for your pind is more important than how many more people will get corona. It's like these people pick and choose with corona restrictions. They put a stop on things they don't want to continue and keep the things they want. 

27 minutes ago, Kaurr said:

Of course they are, cause there hasn't been enough people dead already. Cause electing some random old man for your pind is more important than how many more people will get corona. It's like these people pick and choose with corona restrictions. They put a stop on things they don't want to continue and keep the things they want. 

The ILP matches are still on!  Which is quit typical of India, use cricket, films and pomp to cover up what's actually going on, so the rest of the world thinks everything is Ok and that India is still a "super power"

The Delhi stadium is basically opposite the biggest Covid hospital in the city.

When the farmers were protesting, India hosted the Republic day parade with all the tanks and missiles, which probably cost like millions. But foreign media reported that while 100,000s of farmers are protesting and attacked by the army, only a few miles away a parade is taking place as if everything is Ok.

It the same when Trump visited India. The government built a huge metal wall around the slums to cover them up!  It was a big visit and international media was going to be there, so the government decided to build huge walls to cover the slums up.   How is that any different to all the other walls that governments build?   

Modi was very proud to create the impression the India tackled the virus, and now look what's happening. 

They are so desperate to look like a superpower and create an impression that India can compete with the west. 

43 minutes ago, puzzled said:

The ILP matches are still on!  Which is quit typical of India, use cricket, films and pomp to cover up what's actually going on, so the rest of the world thinks everything is Ok and that India is still a "super power"

The Delhi stadium is basically opposite the biggest Covid hospital in the city.

When the farmers were protesting, India hosted the Republic day parade with all the tanks and missiles, which probably cost like millions. But foreign media reported that while 100,000s of farmers are protesting and attacked by the army, only a few miles away a parade is taking place as if everything is Ok.

It the same when Trump visited India. The government built a huge metal wall around the slums to cover them up!  It was a big visit and international media was going to be there, so the government decided to build huge walls to cover the slums up.   How is that any different to all the other walls that governments build?   

Modi was very proud to create the impression the India tackled the virus, and now look what's happening. 

They are so desperate to look like a superpower and create an impression that India can compete with the west. 

The IPL matches are help in empty stadiums. No spectators are allowed.

1 hour ago, puzzled said:

They don't have to stay in a hotel in Canada though do they?  Its in Surrey, what's the situation like in Surrey with covid? 

Yes, you do have to stay in hotel after having covid test when landing(airport). It has to be Airport hotel and you must book and pay for 3 nights even though most people are out by the 2nd day. Cost of $1500 per person.