Chakarvarti lifestyle, timeless advice for the homeless?

8 hours ago, GurjantGnostic said:

You have to help people first, then get them off drugs. Refusing help to drunk and drugged people is just refusing to help the people that need help. You don't hand them cash and expect them to get better for sure, but to the degree able we should always help feed, cloth, wash and respect anyone. Especially a Sikh. 

If the community around a Gurudwara is too unclean and unruly we just have to feed them outside. 

Acceptance and a sense of belonging is a huge thing as well, perhaps the first step? 

A lot of men end up on the streets because of divorce, business failure, no work. 

I know a Pakistani man, he basically walks around asking people for spare change and I started talking to him. He told me he had everything before, a business, wife and children and then he lost everything. He told me he lives with his brothers, but I don't think they give him any money or food, coz he's always walking around asking people for spare change. I even see him sitting on street corners at night in winter. 

If your a man in that situation then your lucky if you have a brother or friend to help you out, otherwise you'll end up on the streets. 

He once told me to never trust anyone other than my mother. 

• 2 weeks later...