Jump to content

Sri chand ji did parchar of dress that Guru Nanak Dev ji wore!


Recommended Posts

  • shastarSingh changed the title to Sri chand ji did parchar of dress that Guru Nanak Dev ji wore!

The Udasis are severely split as a Samprdai. There are some groups that see themselves as a panth within the wider Guru Nanak Naam Leva Panth, and there are some that are quite antagonistic towards the Panth, seeing themselves as Hindus, and Baba Sri Chand as the reincarnation of Bhagwaan Shiv Ji.

 

The Udasi dera in Jalandhar of Baba Ishar Das, have Sri Guru Granth Sahib parkash and do gurbani kirtan, whereas the Sangalwara Udasi dera in Amritsar do not have Guru Granth Sahib there, and neither do they call themselves Sikhs. This dera is right opposite Sri Darbar Sahib.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, shastarSingh said:

These days many udasis dress like hindu yogis and sanyasi. They also make pictures of Sri chand ji with just wearing loin cloth.

But Sri chand ji in his matra composition is telling the sanyasi and yogis to give up their outer symbols and wear the dress of Guru Nanak Dev ji which is the dress of a true saint and true king.

This also proves that Sri chand ji himself wore chola and dastaar.

IMG-20210508-WA0008.jpg

What does that say? Most people on here don't know how to read Hindi.

Does it say that Guru Nanak Dev ji wore a dastar? 

A lot Hindus and some Sikhs with an agenda say Guru ji wore a topi. 

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Can you translate that hindi for us ?

 

Suraj Parkash Granth also says that on Guru Sahib's return home, Baba Sri Chand asked Guru Sahib for a gift, and Guru Nanak Dev Ji asked what does he want?  Baba Sri Chand asked for the Udasi garments of Guru Sahib. The garments that Guru Nanak Dev Ji wore when Guru Ji went on their udasis. The original Udasi was Guru Nanak Dev Ji, and he gave and blessed Baba Sri Chand to continue this form of parchar.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

More vichar on seli topi:

There is an old chola of Guru Nanak Dev ji which has quran verses written on it. Does it mean Guru Nanak Dev ji wore this chola?

No. This chola was given by some Muslim admirer of Guru Sahib which Guru ji accepted but never wore.

Same way, seli topis might hv been gifted by hindu and Muslim admirers of Guru Sahib but that does not mean Guru Sahib wore seli topi.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, chatanga1 said:

The Udasi dera in Jalandhar of Baba Ishar Das, have Sri Guru Granth Sahib parkash and do gurbani kirtan, whereas the Sangalwara Udasi dera in Amritsar do not have Guru Granth Sahib there, and neither do they call themselves Sikhs. This dera is right opposite Sri Darbar Sahib.

Udasi dera at mandi, haryana is a good dera. Good katha on Sri chand by banta Singh at this dera.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, shastarSingh said:

More vichar on seli topi:

There is an old chola of Guru Nanak Dev ji which has quran verses written on it. Does it mean Guru Nanak Dev ji wore this chola?

No. This chola was given by some Muslim admirer of Guru Sahib which Guru ji accepted but never wore.

Same way, seli topis might hv been gifted by hindu and Muslim admirers of Guru Sahib but that does not mean Guru Sahib wore seli topi.

I also heard something like the first 6 gurus wore a seli topi on this forum. I also don't know how accurate this statement is though.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, shastarSingh said:

Udasi dera at mandi, haryana is a good dera. Good katha on Sri chand by banta Singh at this dera.

 

Another good udasi dera is at pubowal in Una district in himachal Pradesh. Baba santosh das ji though sehajdhari does parchar of ONLY gurbani. He also does parchar of gurbani of Dasam Granth Ji.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of Use