The Saint-Soldier: Documentary on Bhai Maharaj Singh of Bhai Daya Singh Sampardaya (first Sikh in Singapore albeit as a captive of the british)

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well worth a watch folks. Akaal Purakh bless the Bhai Daya Singh sampadaya.     

Well made documentary! Born Nihal Singh in 1680; after Pahul became Bhagwan Singh; most well known as Bhai Maharaj Singh for his habit of respectfully calling others ‘maharaj’; became known as Ba

Haanji it's shaheedi degh. Some will say it's shardhai. Shardhai is not green. Only shaheedi degh is green due to green cannabis leaves.

Posted Images

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

• Topics

• There is simply no reason to do agan bhet (tribute to the fire). There are ways of repairing books. (Yeah, I know Gutka Sahib is not a mere book, but I'm just talking about the technology of binding.) I have no clue why your soul doesn't agree to do path on that Gutka Sahib. Do you think it has been sullied? Even if you wrote Gurbani on something that was ritually impure, that would make it pure: ਤਰ ਤਾਰਿ ਅਪਵਿਤ੍ਰ ਕਰਿ ਮਾਨੀਐ ਰੇ ਜੈਸੇ ਕਾਗਰਾ ਕਰਤ ਬੀਚਾਰੰ ॥ ਭਗਤਿ ਭਾਗਉਤੁ ਲਿਖੀਐ ਤਿਹ ਊਪਰੇ ਪੂਜੀਐ ਕਰਿ ਨਮਸਕਾਰੰ ॥੨॥ The palmyra palm tree is considered as impure and so are deemed its leaves to be. But if the Lord's praise be written on it, we worship it and bow before it. p1293   Similarly, Guest Komal, for whatever you think the pages of the Gutka Sahib became "impure" by falling on the ground, it is still pure. Get it out of your head. The very Gurbani you're reciting says so. This is not to say that you should throw dirt on purpose on a Gutka sahib. It is only to say you shouldn't burn a Gutka for your mistake.
    • 1. Beggars can't be choosers. I'll take what we can get. I'm actually fine with numbers.  Yeah, so many of them have no clue what Gurbani says, but as long as they, in their minds, "ਮੰਨ" Guru Granth Sahib ji, that's good enough for me. Because who am I to say I'm any better than them? ਹਉ ਅਪਰਾਧੀ ਗੁਨਹਗਾਰ ਹਉ ਬੇਮੁਖ ਮੰਦਾ॥ ਚੋਰੁ ਯਾਰੁ ਜੂਆਰਿ ਹਉ ਪਰ ਘਰਿ ਜੋਹੰਦਾ॥ I am a criminal, a sinner, evil and apostate. I am a thief, adulterer; gambler who always keeps his eye upon other's household. Vaar Bhai Gurdas ji 36, Pauri 21   2. I'm pleased to be part of a Panth which encouraged people to join it for the love of Guru Nanak ji, instead of being forced to (by various means) like the Abrahamics.   3. If you're in the company of non-practicing Sikhs, they'll generally let you do your thing (Nitnem, Reharas, whatever). It's not like you're asking "Hey, mind if I do Namaz?" Or "I'm fasting for Ramadan". You're part of the same religion, though they're not strict about it. 4. What the Mullahs do is, first they get you into their religion. Then they indoctrinate the kids into Jihad. Why can't we do the same (indoctrinate into Bhagti, not Jihad)?
    • But that's not what he was saying. He was saying that certain among us not only compromised with maryada while working for the new masters, but also -during off hours,  -after retiring from service, and -worst of all, passed on those compromises to following generations as a kind of baseline   The only true baseline for maryada is the maryada of Guru Gobind Singh ji.
    • For some reason, many Sikhs insist "Sikhism isn't a missionary religion". Leave aside the word "missionary", I think what they mean is you're never supposed to tell anybody about the greatness of Guru Nanak Dev ji. That's not true. I mean Gurbani says at multiple places Sikhs are supposed to encourage others to recite the Name: ਸਿਮਰਿ ਸਿਮਰਿ ਸਿਮਰਿ ਸੁਖ ਪਾਵਹੁ ॥ ਆਪਿ ਜਪਹੁ ਅਵਰਹ ਨਾਮੁ ਜਪਾਵਹੁ ॥ Remember, remember, remember the Name and obtain peace. Thyself repeat the Name and make others to repeat it.   That's from Sukhmani Sahib, so there's no excuse for not knowing that verse.
    • You should do the aggan bhaet and then purchase a new gutka sahib. 

Important Information

Terms of Use