What bani's can I do to give me the Strenght to fight ---- addiction

Guest Daasandaas

Guest Daasandaas

I am addicted to -------graphy and have been trying to quit ---- for several occasion but failed. Are there any shabads or bani's that can give me the Strenght and power to quit? 

• S1ngh changed the title to What bani's can I do to give me the Strenght to fight ---- addiction
  • 2 weeks later...

dive into gurbani and search for answers directly from your guru. I love using igurbani at this link: https://www.igurbani.com/search. It's so convenient and really makes it much easier to connect with and understand guru sahib. You can search SGGS in different ways. For ex, you can search all of SGGS with a key english word for example and it will return a list of all gurbani that has that full english key word in its english translations. For example,you have a question about 'kaam' and in this context specifically to lust so we search lust.  You will get the results as in the screenshot, and then as you can see, each english translation of each pangti of gurbani here contains the entered keyword lust. Then you can click on each pangti here which will redirect you to the entire shabad so you can get a clear picture of what guru ji is trying to tell you. For instance one shabad in the results is attached below on screenshot 57: 

You should try to do understand as deeply as you can what guru ji is trying to say in that shabad. Plus there's english translations too to help you understand and figure out how to apply guru ji's teachings to your situation. Hope this helps. P.s this shabad may seemingly start harsh, but don't let that dishearten you, guruji cares about their children more than anyone ever could, they are here to save us. What I see from many of the 'harsher' shabads is that guru ji always gives us a way back, they always leave a door open, it's never a hopeless situation, there's always a path back to the light and there's always something we can do.

Screenshot (56).png

Screenshot (57).png

• Like 2

Not related to gurbani (directly)..but read (you can get free samples on kindle) of Dr Gabor Mate's books on addiction. You are engaging in actions like 'graphy because you are 'not happy', deep inside you there is something lacking, that the dopamine hits of 'graphy are temporarily masking/filling. Then look at the work of Eckhart Tolle (the power of now, a new earth etc). ... addiction is related to your 'ego' , you need to see the ego for what it is. Its you ego that goes to things like graphy to feed itself, then give you a brief rest, until it gets hungry again.