Gursikhs can only eat food made by other Gursikhs?

Guest Harky

Guest Harky

Waheguru Ji Ki Khalsa, Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

Im 13 years old and I’m planning to take Amrit. I’m trying to gain as music information about Sikhi as possible. I heard that Amritdhari Sikhs can only eat food made by other Amritdhari Sikhs. Is this true? If it is then this follows the Brahmin way of eating food. Guru Nanak Dec Ji taught us that everyone is equal. Also do Amritdhari Sikhs have to eat from a steel or iron plate?

Guest Harky

I have read the Rehat Maryada a few times and it does not say that Amritdhari Sikhs can only eat food made by other Amritdhari Sikhs, it only says that Amritdhari Sikhs can not eat the leftovers of a Non-Amritdhari Sikh.

On 5/28/2021 at 9:43 AM, Guest Harky said:

Waheguru Ji Ki Khalsa, Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

Im 13 years old and I’m planning to take Amrit. I’m trying to gain as music information about Sikhi as possible. I heard that Amritdhari Sikhs can only eat food made by other Amritdhari Sikhs. Is this true? If it is then this follows the Brahmin way of eating food. Guru Nanak Dec Ji taught us that everyone is equal. Also do Amritdhari Sikhs have to eat from a steel or iron plate?

That's not the way Brahmins treated food. 

You'd spoil their food just looking at it. According to them.

The Guru Sahiban fed everyone. 

Having trusted, spiritual, clean people cook each other food  provides nothing but benefits and protections and that safe food is given to everyone. Totally different. 

Also remember during the entirety of the birth of Sikhi it was under attack. Sikhs were at war. You don't eat the enemy's food bro. You cook your food and share it with them. 

So you're like okay, we aren't at war now so...

Wrong. We are. One, toxic food is killing everyone, and if you don't eat that stuff you're protected. And it's a cruel joke of Famine.   

Two. Sikhs that rise to any prominence are still at risk for poisining and if you think Shaheeds haven't been poisoned, you're wrong. 

On 5/30/2021 at 9:24 PM, Guest Harky said:

I have read the Rehat Maryada a few times and it does not say that Amritdhari Sikhs can only eat food made by other Amritdhari Sikhs, it only says that Amritdhari Sikhs can not eat the leftovers of a Non-Amritdhari Sikh.

My parent's (and Grand-Parents before them) are devout Amritdhari Sikhs, they live by this rule, they don't eat leftover's from anybody but only share with other Amritdhari's, me and my siblings aren't Amritdhari but because we were bought up like this we live by the same rules.

I've come across a few families who won't eat foot that isn't prepared by non-Amritdhari's, we have one in our extended family and their father wouldn't eat anything at his daughter's house after she got married because the son-in-laws family weren't amritdhari, my father's a pretty devout Sikh and even he found that a bit extreme, each to their own i suppose.

The idealistic answer is yes. Let's see why?

Food prepared in restaurants, NOBODY knows who cooked it and the "Finer" ingredients popped in the meal. We all been in restaurants, put food in stomach and claimed "Hm, I wonder how this was made?" Also, during the food making process, a pi55ed off chef is preparing your meal. Now, will they think "I must do prayers as am preparing food to pop in that positive energy" or are they thinking of krodh, hatred and terrible things, as they're pi55ed off?? YOU HAVE ZERO CONTROL WHAT THEY THINK! If YOU think negative thoughts do not affect the food, then positive thoughts also will NOT affect the food. So no need to do prayers during making rotias. But it is REHATNAMA to do prayers during cooking, as it adds positive vibes to the food, which one will consume. 

Not to forget, are the chef's hands soochi or jooti? Had they tasted YOUR meal to check salt n spices then used the SAME spoon in the saucepan??? JOOTA!!! 

Guest Guest Harky
On 6/3/2021 at 3:33 AM, GurjantGnostic said:

That's not the way Brahmins treated food. 

That’s not what I meant, what I meant was that the Brahmins would only eat food made by other Brahmins and not from anyone of a lower caste. Guru Nanak Dev Ji taught us that everyone is equal, and when they were offered a dinner at Brahmins house they declined and went to the poorest person and ate food there.

Guest Guest Harky
On 6/3/2021 at 2:11 PM, Singh1989 said:

The idealistic answer is yes. Let's see why?

Food prepared in restaurants, NOBODY knows who cooked it and the "Finer" ingredients popped in the meal. We all been in restaurants, put food in stomach and claimed "Hm, I wonder how this was made?" Also, during the food making process, a pi55ed off chef is preparing your meal. Now, will they think "I must do prayers as am preparing food to pop in that positive energy" or are they thinking of krodh, hatred and terrible things, as they're pi55ed off?? YOU HAVE ZERO CONTROL WHAT THEY THINK! If YOU think negative thoughts do not affect the food, then positive thoughts also will NOT affect the food. So no need to do prayers during making rotias. But it is REHATNAMA to do prayers during cooking, as it adds positive vibes to the food, which one will consume. 

Not to forget, are the chef's hands soochi or jooti? Had they tasted YOUR meal to check salt n spices then used the SAME spoon in the saucepan??? JOOTA!!! 

The only problem I have with praying while making food is that I’m 13 years old and I don’t know how to make food and my parents who make the food aren’t Amritdhari and they do not pray while making so I don’t know any solution to this.