Are Sikhs addicted to appeasing "others" at their own cost

Guest amar

4 hours ago, MisterrSingh said:

The people getting roped into fighting wars will need PHDs in religious philosophy and an extra requirement of rubber brains to navigate the mental gymnastics apne churn out at times to justify certain concepts.

Just accept it's okay to want to see your enemy dead. I don't want to hug him or love him. I want his blood, not his friendship. The rest are superfluous concepts too complex for Punjabi minds that have never been adhered to in the cold harsh reality of war, and if true would get good men killed needlessly.

when you are on war footing you protect yourself and your own unless you're a total mental case , and a proper warrior is not driven by anger/wrath because it makes you careless and vulnerable to manipulation; that's why being nirbhau nirvair mentality releases you from that trap. You have a duty on the field and in daily life and the two need you to be unwavering in your aim ; I believe that the code of conduct that Dashmesh Pita ji gave us for the battlefield is the best ; do not attack the surrendered, the ones fleeing the field, the women/children/elderly i.e. be a honourable person. Meet the enemy and fight to the best of your ability , prisoners that are taken should be treated well .(was done in both world wars by apnay for POWs who have commented on the strange turbanned men who shared their rations and did not beat or torture them)

1 minute ago, MisterrSingh said:

Where have I argued any differently? I've suggested a soldier does the job definitively so that his enemy can't be nursed back to health by a religious do-gooder. If someone wants to enter God's Abode, I'd argue the battlefield is the last place to virtue signal. It shows a distinct lack of concern for one's fellow brother in arms. It's actually incredibly short sighted selfish. I'm beginning to suspect these tales have been constructed by people who've never had a fight in their lives.

For one moment, imagine trying to emulate the aforementioned example during the siege of the Golden Temple in June 84. What would you imagine Sant Jarnail's Singh's reaction would be if a young Singh helps an Indian soldier back on to his feet after another Singh had done his best to finish the job during that hellish siege? If your reply is anything other than, "annoyed" then you've been seduced by the Hollywood-isation of reality. Imagine actually practising in REAL-LIFE what we're told is a virtue that must be adhered to if we're "true" Sikhs. Mind-boggling.

Dashmesh Pita ji said jujh ke lado , if someone happens to survive I doubt that they would be able to fight intact (lopped off arm/leg major wounds) and according to that if Akal Purakh has deemed that person life we can't kill that injured person so we can do minimum thing of water . Rest is up to Guru ji

Soldiers felled are  meant to either be dead or prisoners nothing more or less

52 minutes ago, jkvlondon said:

Dashmesh Pita ji said jujh ke lado , if someone happens to survive I doubt that they would be able to fight intact (lopped off arm/leg major wounds) and according to that if Akal Purakh has deemed that person life we can't kill that injured person so we can do minimum thing of water . Rest is up to Guru ji

Soldiers felled are  meant to either be dead or prisoners nothing more or less

Treating the injured prisoners of other forces well is the sign of any civilized people. It doesn't really return soldiers back to fight for the enemy so much as protect your forces from degrading themselves with poor behavior and secure a legacy even in the minds of your enemies what a civilized people you are. It does play well in history and help greatly with doplomacy once you're victorious. 

On 7/30/2021 at 2:42 PM, GurjantGnostic said:

Ahh the beast of Daswand and Daan, which is which, and which to do. 

Both. Always. 

In the order of Daswand. Then Daan. Just like you put on your oxygen mask then your own childs sitting next to you. You don't question which. Nobody respects you if you only do either one. 

But if you confuse Daswand and Daan and use their funds for each other that is not right either. 

What they did for farmers protest aswell as covid India is amazing. They have been subject to cancer hindvasta media trolls. I know the criticism they'd get including myself was to keep Sikhs priority first and and foremost when we've got so many issues and not enough power as others.  

Farmers protest they'd been at front ends. Seeing hindustas trolls also made me understand why they do what they do not to give into the RSS propaganda that we are made to fight islamists seethes them.

Wish they'd be more centred not give into left-right views imo.

47 minutes ago, MisterrSingh said:

History... written... victors... etc.

Losers of wars are seldom are provided the courtesy of constructing the narrative and terms of their defeat. If anything they're demonised and humiliated, and accused of doing the very feats they were at pains to avoid.

Agreed. But when you win you leave a permanent first foot forward in the minds of the defeated and their generations. So yes we must win. And we must win our way.