Are Sikhs addicted to appeasing "others" at their own cost

Guest amar

On 8/8/2021 at 8:48 AM, dallysingh101 said:

I think you missed my point, it was simply regarding the universally accepted definition of 'warrior' - not who I follow. My point was that they don't always follow strict moral codes (like sant-sipahis).  

I have no idea what happened to the Mongols, I know some of their descendants converted to islam and ended up ruling india.  

Dharam needs to be upheld. 

not concerned with what 'they' do.  it has no relevance.  "ends justify the means" is not a sikh concept at all.  sadly can see that alot of hindus and western christians seem to think chicanery, machinations and brute violence      are acceptable, no doubt some 'sikhs' do too.  

the mongols are not the same as the mughals.  and the mughuls never 'ruled' India- all they did was try to control it with violence.  that failed in the end too.

On 8/1/2021 at 9:32 PM, dallysingh101 said:

I've heard after the desecration of Harmandir Sahib by Abdali (or some wretched tonda), Sikhs slaughtered a bunch of sullay there, and used prisoners to clean up the defiled sarowar.  

imo those sikhs aught to be denounced

On 8/1/2021 at 9:55 PM, dallysingh101 said:

I was recently reading this account of Sikh conflicts during Sikh raj, and this one fundamentalist 'Syed' who'd kept instigating jeehads against the Sikhs (in NWFP area). Anyway, he was thorn in the Sikh side and they had to continually send forces to quell his 'rebellions'. In the end they quashed him. And do you know what the Sikhs did afterwards: They located his body on the field and then burnt it.   

imo those sikhs and their actions should be denounced

On 8/1/2021 at 6:08 PM, MisterrSingh said:

History... written... victors... etc.

Losers of wars are seldom provided the courtesy of constructing the narrative and terms of their defeat. If anything they're demonised and humiliated, and accused of doing the very feats they were at pains to avoid.

this doesn't seem true to me anywhere in the world.  Greeks, Romans (Virgil), Old Testament, our Sikh history, Tolstoy (Russia vs Napolean) even recent history like holocaust survivors and Germans and Japanese post war.

On 8/13/2021 at 1:43 PM, Guest guest said:

imo those sikhs and their actions should be denounced

Maybe born in Sikh parivaar but not yet Sikh. We welcome all type of voices but there is always a line not to cross. Unfortunately, our folks are wearing blindfolds and crossing that line multiple times.  

• 2 weeks later...
Guest The UK Govt
On 6/4/2021 at 11:11 AM, Guest amar said:

During COVID, we all saw how various Sikhs and Sikh NGOs came forward to help people of all religions,castes,etc as its our belief to do so. Delhi gurudwara donated gold and silvers worth crores to build hospital and recently inaugurated free hundred bed dialysis center. Good. Very Good. 

But where all these charity goes when sikhs in punjab themselves are suffering due to daily farmers suicides, families destroyed due to fake encounters, drugs, poor employment opportunities, immigration,etc.

When we are in trouble, nobody comes to help. Not even our own and nor the ones whom we helped. Normal educated people dont even want to discuss the solutions of these problems.  Ofcourse, we have Khalsa Aid, but it can only contribute an iota of whats required.

Its like our own house is on fire but we are rushing to see if our neighbors need any help.

Our leaders were all puppets who worked at behest of our enemies. Even they cheated us. 

Are Sikhs addicted to appeasing "others" at their own cost.

All causes are important, the Gurus helped people from different walks of life recognising humans and other races of beings as equal. 

People seem to have forgotten the crises in Punjab though or just in denial that it's still going on. We shouldbe addressing the issue still and doing what we can, pushing governments to push the fanatical terrorist Indian Government (they've been projecting what they are onto the sikhs for decades). The UK has shown that they are able to step in during crises as in Afghanistan but have been kissing the Indian Govts as*es for decades and pretending they cant get involved. They never stepped in during the terrorist attacks of 1984 when innocents were being slaughtered so it's doubtful they would bother now. Boris Johnson has shown an absolute disregard for whats going on and disrespect for UK Punjabis who its affected both mentally and physically. It's caused many of us trauma and pain and the govt has disregarded that. The UK Govt should be totally boycotted by Sikhs and Punjbais. Why should Sikhs and Punjabis care about or respect them if they so blatantly disregard, disrespect and invalidate us.

• 2 weeks later...