Are Sikhs addicted to appeasing "others" at their own cost

Guest amar

2 hours ago, Ranjeet01 said:

Us Sikhs in our interaction with people of other faiths have "The Nice Guy Syndrome "

Thinking about it more, could it be because we are aware that certain religious groups with whom Sikhs share common physical appearance features with are not generally thought of very favorably ?

Therefore, Sikhs have to distingush themselves through 'peaceful means' ? Hope that makes sense. It might be a subconscious thing? Also, Punjabis want to be 'liked'/popular?

Guest Guest Kudi
On 9/9/2021 at 2:53 AM, Premi5 said:

Thinking about it more, could it be because we are aware that certain religious groups with whom Sikhs share common physical appearance features with are not generally thought of very favorably ?

Therefore, Sikhs have to distingush themselves through 'peaceful means' ? Hope that makes sense. It might be a subconscious thing? Also, Punjabis want to be 'liked'/popular?

I understand but it seems like it doesn't work. Very recently, a turban wearing Sikh man got killed in Canada by white men in religiously or racially motivated hate crime. 

https://www.vice.com/en/article/jg83z7/sikh-man-prabhjot-singh-katri-killed-truro-nova-scotia 

21 hours ago, Guest Guest Kudi said:

I understand but it seems like it doesn't work. Very recently, a turban wearing Sikh man got killed in Canada by white men in religiously or racially motivated hate crime. 

https://www.vice.com/en/article/jg83z7/sikh-man-prabhjot-singh-katri-killed-truro-nova-scotia

I thought Canadian Sikhs were too 'gangsta' to let this happen?  

On 9/11/2021 at 8:37 AM, Premi5 said:

The boy doesn't look like a 'gangsta type'

This was in Nova Scotia, which is more like a 'redneck' part of Canada I think

Oh!!!! They DO have red necks in Canada! I thought it was some multicultural heaven! 

Anyways, it's a good opportunity to put those spoilt brat jut boys to some good use (instead of them killing each other over drug deals). Might make their bull5hit lives actually useful for Sikhi.

Guest Guest Kudi

I think Sikhs are addicted to appeasing others when we can't deal with problems facing our community. There's nothing wrong in helping others but what about the issues facing Sikhs? In the process of helping others, we ignore these. 

There are millions of poor Sikhs who need help. There are Sikhs who were effected by the 1984 genocide still living in extreme poverty and without justice. There are Sikligar and Vanjara Sikhs scattered all over India who live well below the poverty line. Sikhs are currently faced with a threat from rising Hindutva extremists and our numbers in Punjab are diminishing too. There are millions of clueless Sikhs, especially overseas who have no knowledge of Sikhi and we should focus on parchar for them. 

Sikh organisations are largely corrupt. The Shiromani Gurdwara Parbandhak Committee (SGPC) has announced an award of RS 1 crore for the Indian men’s hockey team  for winning a bronze medal in the Olympics. Why are they giving money as a reward to Indian sports players? Players are already getting paid large sums and sponsored by numerous companies for their victory.