how can i stop having discriminatory thoughts on other communities

justasking

iam not proud to admit this but i feel like i am strongly biased against muslims and hindus. I always am suspicious of them and generally when they are suffering i am indifferent to it. the reason is tht i have had bad experiences in my life with these 2 communities and i know not all are bad but i still have suspiciousn and find myself discriminating against them  

• 3 weeks later...
Guest guest
On 6/6/2021 at 1:23 AM, justasking said:

iam not proud to admit this but i feel like i am strongly biased against muslims and hindus. I always am suspicious of them and generally when they are suffering i am indifferent to it. the reason is tht i have had bad experiences in my life with these 2 communities and i know not all are bad but i still have suspiciousn and find myself discriminating against them  

its a natural (albeit irrational and wrong) reaction.  don't worry about it.  i think it will clear up naturally in time, i mean you already know it is wrong.  maybe if you become more outgoing it will clear up faster (because you will be exposed to more varieties of people from those groups).

when i was a teenager i went to a high school near some ghetto areas and the black people i had to take classes with did not leave a good impression.  also i disliked the whole 'ghetto' culture which alot non-black people i didn't like acted out.  as a result i felt an dislike of black people.  

however when i got older and didn't have to mix with those particular people i lost any feeling of dislike to blacks as a group.  now just see them same as any other group.

• 3 weeks later...