Sikhs in Poverty and Future of Panjab

Kau89r8

6 hours ago, dallysingh101 said:

If you can't see how colonisation impacted on hordes of the panths thinking, I think you're seriously missing the point. Sikhs knew that they need to protect and look after the panth's priorities prior to this.

If we had the wherewithal to help gairh-Sikhs (and even then not foolishly helping people/communities who are deeply inimical to us but show a façade that dimwitted people fall for), we should, but we aren't in that position. 

Panjab's economy is a joke, we've got ample wealth there but people back home have timidly normalised and accepted corruption now. As they commonly say: 'Ehdhaan sadha challda'. We don't have cash cows like natural gas, oil or minerals to bring in wealth from outside like some of the communities that apnay help!, so we have limited resources. Even when we help out, it's a show, very rarely does anyone talk about helping truly marginalised and oppressed people like the natives of America/Canada/Australia etc.   Probably because it wouldn't feed their egos like what they do does, and wouldn't play as well to mainstream media. 

Colonisation is a big issue for Sikhs because many retards in our quom celebrate their own subjugation, and think fighting for other people's causes (and that too, people who have suppressed and subjugated us) is right. This is the antecedent of the type of stupid thinking that has people ignoring the communities own needs and jumping on other bandwagons.   On top of this, there a global movement going on right now to confront the evils and impact of white colonialism and imperialism, and many of our lot are too slow to even grasp that, looking like docile apologists for this. 

Punjab did have farming. Soon to be story of the world. 

13 hours ago, dallysingh101 said:

If you can't see how colonisation impacted on hordes of the panths thinking, I think you're seriously missing the point. Sikhs knew that they need to protect and look after the panth's priorities prior to this.

I meant the 'decolonization Sikh academics who also happen to be woke liberal sjw, and whitewash Sikhi...and ironically they are the ones that been colonized by liberalism with their woke politics and bring Sikhi into it

I 100% agree with what you said.

4 hours ago, Kau89r8 said:

I meant the 'decolonization Sikh academics who also happen to be woke liberal sjw, and whitewash Sikhi...and ironically they are the ones that been colonized by liberalism with their woke politics and bring Sikhi into it

I 100% agree with what you said.

Okay, I hear you. Just so you know, some of us who aren't the typical 'woke, lefty, sjw' types still believe that the effects of 'psychological colonisation' has been, and IS deadly to Sikhs and their future.

It basically turns them into non-critical, dumb storm troopers. And as I've alluded to before, being conscious of deeply rooted inequalities and wanting to combat that, doesn't make you into one of them.  It means your ethical/moral compass is still functioning.

Plus I think using the language I've put in quotes above is seriously detrimental too. Basically by using them, you also implicitly give support to the typical rightwingers who use them, and who are inherently racist - so you become a tool. Words are powerful, and we've been falling for the trick of framing Sikh experience within the lexicon of those who are inimical towards us since annexation. This has to stop. People don't even seem to grasp what the implications of doing this are. 

10 hours ago, GurjantGnostic said:

Punjab did have farming. Soon to be story of the world. 

If you look prior to annexation, Panjab's economy was infinitely broader than just farming. It's this 'putting all your eggs into one basket' that is screwing us over so badly. 

No one is going to survive the next century without a broad robust economy. Outside of external ill will, it just takes a slight change in climate to derail an agricultural economy.