Muslim Lesbian writes about Sikh Film

Guest DesiFlix

Guest DesiFlix

A feminist film company called Dispatch FMI put on a screening of Bend It Like Beckham in London this week. They comissioned an essay to go with the screening and put a call out for proposals a few weeks ago on their twitter page. I was excited to see some positive representation in the media.

But they chose Deena al-Aqsa, a Muslim Lesbian, to write the essay. That's how she describes herself in her Twitter bio - that's not me making an assumption and stereotyping her because of her name.

Sikhs get so little coverage compared to muslims and we spend so much of our time explaining that we aren't muslims. There is virtually no Sikh representation in the medea It seems like the company is just reinforcing that. It's like all brown people are the same. I don't know if they got any proposals from Sikhs, but they should have made the effort to hire someone with the same ethnicity as the protagonist of the film.

You might say Bend it Like Beckham isn't a Sikh film, and you would be right. But it presented Sikhi in a positive light to billions of film watchers around the world. It was a mainstream phenomenon. No film in the English Language has managed that since.

I'm going to complain to Dispatch FMI and I would urge you to do the same.

Here's the essay. The company's contact details are at the bottom of the page with links to their twitter pages if you want to complain. https://www.dispatchfmi.com/single-post/bend-it-like-beckham-could-have-been-queerer-but-it-still-aged-well

• 2 weeks later...
Guest guest

sorry but i hated this cr*p and that coconut suckup Gurinder Chadha.  its typical cr*p about 'oppression' and how life would be so great if we only acted like goreh.  this <banned word filter activated> didn't do sikhs any favours.  i think only sikhs with low self-esteem were impressed/felt good about this.

i would not recommend any ethic group to allow mass media spotlight on them.  i believe it won't do them any favours, on the contrary it may harm their culture.  better to spend your time/effort being a good/strong/honest person then worry about misrepresentation.  

as for the screening- its a feminist group.  they don't care about religion etc they care that its about a female lead.

On 6/25/2021 at 11:52 PM, Guest guest said:

i would not recommend any ethic group to allow mass media spotlight on them.  i believe it won't do them any favours, on the contrary it may harm their culture.  better to spend your time/effort being a good/strong/honest person then worry about misrepresentation.  

as for the screening- its a feminist group.  they don't care about religion etc they care that its about a female lead.

They do care about both religion and gender. Hence why they are trying to destroy both. Most female leads in the media are actually Transgender. This has been going on at least since WWII if not longer. Most of my favourite actors/actresses are Trans.

So best to stay clear of all of them. They are used by their handlers in very evil crimes such as drug and human trafficking. Hence the reason that H/Bollywood is being destroyed. 

Guest GuessGuest
On 6/27/2021 at 1:44 AM, Suchi said:

They do care about both religion and gender. Hence why they are trying to destroy both. Most female leads in the media are actually Transgender. This has been going on at least since WWII if not longer. Most of my favourite actors/actresses are Trans.

So best to stay clear of all of them. They are used by their handlers in very evil crimes such as drug and human trafficking. Hence the reason that H/Bollywood is being destroyed. 

Who are your favourite stars and where are the sources that show they are trans? Do you have any sources which say they are involved in drug and human trafficing?

Seriously, I wonder what sum people in this forum smoke this days. It aint thoof that's for sure.

On 6/25/2021 at 11:52 PM, Guest guest said:

sorry but i hated this cr*p and that coconut suckup Gurinder Chadha.  its typical cr*p about 'oppression' and how life would be so great if we only acted like goreh.  this <banned word filter activated> didn't do sikhs any favours.  i think only sikhs with low self-esteem were impressed/felt good about this.

Its not about oppression or acticing white. It's about getting any representation that is remotely positive. There are somany people who either don't know about Sikhs or think we are fanatical sword weilding terrroists. Its also about giving opportunities which are about Sikh things to Sikh people. Just imagine the uproar if it was the other way around - if a Sikh person wrote about a Muslim film in a positive light.

On 6/29/2021 at 7:45 PM, Guest GuessGuest said:

Who are your favourite stars and where are the sources that show they are trans? Do you have any sources which say they are involved in drug and human trafficing?

You need to wake up fast. 

Most Bollywood actors are involved in both human and drug trafficking and affiliated to ISI/Pakistan and China. Hence reason why those promoting Chinese products were boycotted. This was revealed following Sushant Singh Rajput's murder which exposed this nexus. Bollywood was created by Hollywood- if you watch the old films they are highly influenced by Western culture. Khans are promoted as part of the Islamisation agenda. 

As far as Trans are concerned there are some bloggers that have been exposing this for a while. It's linked into Christianity and the church thats controlled by the Vatican. One reason being their wish to preserve the male soprano voices by castrating them. 

Here are a few links to start you off:

http://www.frot.co.nz/design/funny/the-full-tranny-suspect-list/

https://www.albawaba.com/node/child-sex-trafficking-hollywood-actor-goes-online-revealing-shocking-allegations-1374161

https://therealtruthnetworkcom.wordpress.com/2020/06/26/human-trafficking/

https://www.khaleejtimes.com/citytimes/bollywood/exclusive-india-cracks-down-on-drugs-after-bollywood-scandal

https://www.opindia.com/2020/09/bollywood-drug-probe-terrorism-trafficking-funding/

https://www.ernestdempsey.com/bollywood-actors-murder-drug-and-child-sex-trafficking-in-bollywood/

Seriously, I wonder what sum people in this forum smoke this days. It aint thoof that's for sure.

Its not about oppression or acticing white. It's about getting any representation that is remotely positive. There are somany people who either don't know about Sikhs or think we are fanatical sword weilding terrroists. Its also about giving opportunities which are about Sikh things to Sikh people. Just imagine the uproar if it was the other way around - if a Sikh person wrote about a Muslim film in a positive light.

Heres a link to rituals involving those at the top. 

Linking Bollywood to the CIA MKUktra program.

Guest guest

Just imagine the uproar if it was the other way around - if a Sikh person wrote about a Muslim film in a positive light.

lol me too, some of the replies here are so weird.  which actors are trans?  lol.

there wouldn't be any uproar about the latter point.  it probably happens all the time.  older gen. love to go 'wah wah' over urdu stuff and younger gen- half of them secretly want to be muslim.

Guest Display name
On 7/2/2021 at 3:39 PM, Guest guest said:

there wouldn't be any uproar about the latter point.  it probably happens all the time.  older gen. love to go 'wah wah' over urdu stuff and younger gen- half of them secretly want to be muslim.

There would probably be uproar from the muslims. They wouldnt be able to cope with a Sikh writing about mulim issues. If the younger generation want to be muslim, its only cos of the opportunities they get for being muslim lol.