Doing kirtan without being reported

Guest Ckd

I have moved out to my own place and like to invite friends around and do kirtan (akj style so lots of loud tabla). Semi detached property and neighbours are white british who seem quite relaxed, I mentioned about kirtan practice and that will try and be respectful of times etc they seemed okay.  But I am conscious of the vibration sounds and disturbing the neighbours as the tabla vibrations are very heavy more than I thought. I dont want to compromise on something that is very close to my heart and lifestyle but equally dont want to cause nuisance.  Am I by law allowed to make noise in the day? And if neighbours do complain by knocking how should I handle it? 

Guest Khalsa Ji

Waheguru Ji Ki Khalsa Ji, Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

I think you should ask you neighbors if they are disturbed by you doing Kirtan. If they arent you can keep doing Kirtan. If they are you could do it in the basement if you have one. You could make a sound proof room if you have an extra room, you can do Kirtan at your friends house, or you could do it at a gurdwara.

if you are in the UK the laws are you can make noise during the day on weekdays and Saturday as they are considered working days but all loud noises should be done by 6pm unless you have negiotiated an extension with neighbours in earshot. Sundays you cannot make noise before nine and after 6pm (old resoect the sabbah rules)

This is what we've been told during  construction work and I can see how flaunters really rub people up the wrong way .

seems like you are a lucky dude I live in a terraced house so noise carries like anything in both directions but we have good neighbours who understand kirtan and prayer needs . Good luck with your negotiations